News Glory: Overeem vs Hari III in October

We all would, there's so many great fights for him in ONE.
Indeed, in ONE’s BW division aswell as in their FW division, both kickboxing and muay thai
So many options for him

Glory shooting themselves in the feet yet again. You've only got amazing guys like Hamicha on your roster, why on earth would you use them when you can use 2 corpses?

Fucking fuck Glory sucks.

They are the big draw names. Glory is trying to make as much money out of them as possible before they retire.

But it really shows you the state of Heavyweight Kickboxing when the big fight to make is between 2 completely out of prime fighters who haven't won a Kickboxing fight in 7 years and 12 years respectively...

I will still tune in and watch though.

They are the big draw names. Glory is trying to make as much money out of them as possible before they retire.

But it really shows you the state of Heavyweight Kickboxing when the big fight to make is between 2 completely out of prime fighters who haven't won a Kickboxing fight in 7 years and 12 years respectively...

I will still tune in and watch though.

Oh i understand why they're doing it, but they put themselves in this predicament by refusing to build new stars, and when these guys retire Glory will have nothing to fall back on.

It's never good seeing a top kickboxing org die but Glory has been so poorly managed for years that i've lost all attachment to it. I also couldn't even tell you which fighters are even signed to Glory at this point because 99% of the fighters on their roster haven't fought in Glory in years.

Doesnt make sence cause they both ask more money then 90% of the fighters combined
Definitely. I knew GLORY was going downhill when they let fighters like Sittichai go. Overpaying these two at the expense of fighters who can carry the organisation into the future is ridiculous

Oh i understand why they're doing it, but they put themselves in this predicament by refusing to build new stars, and when these guys retire Glory will have nothing to fall back on.

It's never good seeing a top kickboxing org die but Glory has been so poorly managed for years that i've lost all attachment to it. I also couldn't even tell you which fighters are even signed to Glory at this point because 99% of the fighters on their roster haven't fought in Glory in years.

Well at least One FC came at the right time :)

Definitely. I knew GLORY was going downhill when they let fighters like Sittichai go. Overpaying these two at the expense of fighters who can carry the organisation into the future is ridiculous
It's ridiculous only if you think they have any intentions of GLORY being around in the future. With the state of the organization and signings like Reem instead of new prospects, I really doubt it. At this point they're probably trying to get as much money as they can out using big names like Rico, Reem, Badr, etc before they let the org go under. GLORY is too far gone to do any kind of rebuilding, especially with ONE picking up alot of their old roster. Probably best for them to use that money they make off super fights and use it to rebrand/rebuild .

Did any Kickboxing org ever last? ;)

Lol let's see if Sakakibara survives his newest Yakuza scandal. I think Chatri managed to get the stupid money out of venture capitalists as possible, but that was last year when people had too much money in their hands and not sure where to invest. Let's see how ONE does when recession hit in this or the next quarters.

I hope Reem knocks Hari’s head into the third row.
Doubt it. Reem had so many wars in the last years and is way past prime. His mileage is a lot higher than Haris.
Also Badr roids himself now close to Überreem levels. That will also play a factor. In technical terms both are much less the fighters they once were. This could be a very sad display of stand up fighting.

Everything outside of a clear Hari victory would surprise me.

Does Glory test? Or can we expect another horsemeat fueled throwdown?
Netherlands have a national testing agency Doping Autoriteit Netherlands and they do test Glory fighters from time to time. But I doubt we will get results before the fight is done and then who cares about a ban? Hari got 19 months for his last doping violation. Both guys wont care about that.

Hari could get KO'd by a staredown at this point, so i wouldn't be surprised no matter the outcome.
Fair enough I havent watched his last fights. Just had Overeems last ones in mind and that Badr has a lot less mileage. If they both are that bad with their chins the fight will be at least interesting :D

Doubt it. Reem had so many wars in the last years and is way past prime. His mileage is a lot higher than Haris.
Also Badr roids himself now close to Überreem levels. That will also play a factor. In technical terms both are much less the fighters they once were. This could be a very sad display of stand up fighting.

Everything outside of a clear Hari victory would surprise me.
A stiff breeze could send Hari to the Shadow Realm at this point so I certainly wont look past Reem back on the horse meat doing it.

Fingers crossed. Hari is scum of the earth.

A stiff breeze could send Hari to the Shadow Realm at this point so I certainly wont look past Reem back on the horse meat doing it.

Fingers crossed. Hari is scum of the earth.

Double KO. Best way to end this farce of a main event.

Back