Gordon and Andre Galvao got into it backstage

imagine if i pulled out a gun and shot you dead in retaliation. does that make your family bitches unless they kill me?

i thought most people grew out of these fantasies by the time they finished puberty.

I agree with this point but I think where Andre does come out looking real bad is the fact he initiated it by following him and talking shit, and shoving him, and then doing nothing after the slap. If Gordon randomly slapped him it’s a different story.

He'd be in for a surprise.

At least Galvao has had the balls to actually try mma.

I don’t think it’s balls, I think Gordon earns enough money grappling that he’s not motivated to fight. If he were broke, then I think he would start in MMA.

Galvao really much need to take the fight w Gordon now.
Will he? that’s the question

I don’t think it’s balls, I think Gordon earns enough money grappling that he’s not motivated to fight. If he were broke, then I think he would start in MMA.

he’s also got a hyper narrow focus on being the no gi GOAT and doesn’t seem too concerned at this point about expanding into anything else. He’s young though, lots of time, I’m hoping he’ll find his way into mma.

he’s also got a hyper narrow focus on being the no gi GOAT and doesn’t seem too concerned at this point about expanding into anything else. He’s young though, lots of time, I’m hoping he’ll find his way into mma.
I don't think he will do well in mma...
Even Danaher said he doesn't want him to fight mma.
First, he doesn't look very explosive or very agile on the feet. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Gordon was the type of stiff and stuck in the mud grappler whom you could never teach proper striking (a bit à la Askren)
Second, it's not as if he had supreme wrestling to make up for that. O f course if he had it would be an other story, but I don't think it's the case.
Last but not least, he was raised in a middle class environment in New-Jersey, I'm not sure he has the mentality to get hit in the face on a regular basis, not to mention he doesn't need that, since he is making millions thanks to bjjfanatics alone.

I think he should try to specialize on gi training, and cement himself as the greatest bjj practitioner there has ever been.

i love teh homies going 'ooo.. it's not good enough that Gordon is the best grappler on the planet... he needs to try MMA if he wants ot be a REAL MAN!" LOOL

grappling is inferior to MMA, no name amateur MMA artists are superior to gordon, everyone knows that.

KEEP GOING BOIS

Lots of gracie affiliates talking shit about sport bjj on facebook

Just found out Gordon is a cuck, seems Hulk team tagged his girlfriend with a friend and Gordon is probably going mad over Atos because of that

wow he slapped him haha. galvao is such a bitch. gordon has called him out like thousand times for big money and andre refuses to grapple him.

Pretty gross, Gordon acting like a complete thug, that kind of behavior makes me lose all respect for him, terrible representative of submission grappling.

Also, Gordon should be thankful Galvao showed control and didn't want to get into a street fight. Gordon has absolutely zero fighting experience, unlike Galvao, and Galvao could probably make short work of him using his MMA training to mess him up.

I’m cool if he does or doesn’t, as long as he’s pushing the limits of his abilities in the given field.

I don't think he will do well in mma...
Even Danaher said he doesn't want him to fight mma.
First, he doesn't look very explosive or very agile on the feet. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Gordon was the type of stiff and stuck in the mud grappler whom you could never teach proper striking (a bit à la Askren)
Second, it's not as if he had supreme wrestling to make up for that. O f course if he had it would be an other story, but I don't think it's the case.
Last but not least, he was raised in a middle class environment in New-Jersey, I'm not sure he has the mentality to get hit in the face on a regular basis, not to mention he doesn't need that, since he is making millions thanks to bjjfanatics alone.

I think he should try to specialize on gi training, and cement himself as the greatest bjj practitioner there has ever been.

ya I don’t know if he’d be any good, as we’ve seen great bjj practitioners have a wide spectrum of results in mma. I’d like to see it either way tho.

Ryan bullying the older, smaller guy is not a good look for him...nothing to be proud of about that. At the same time, shit Andre, a man slaps you like that, at least retaliate.

Ryan bullying the older, smaller guy is not a good look for him...nothing to be proud of about that. At the same time, shit Andre, a man slaps you like that, at least retaliate.

I agree in principle but André was the one hounding and following Gordon around and saying “ Why are you walking away?!”

Then Gordon proves he isn’t avoiding André by going chest to chest, Andre escalates by SHOVING and got pimp slapped....

Don’t make it sound like 38 year old André was laying in bed eating apple sauce and crapping in a bedpan. He went chasing after young dude.

i love teh homies going 'ooo.. it's not good enough that Gordon is the best grappler on the planet... he needs to try MMA if he wants ot be a REAL MAN!" LOOL

grappling is inferior to MMA, no name amateur MMA artists are superior to gordon, everyone knows that.

KEEP GOING BOIS
Well, it is true that, compared to say doing well in sport grappling, amateur boxing, wrestling ,tae kwon do and a number of amateur combat sports, amateur MMA is, based on the local scene anyways, the least inherently impressive on the face of it. It seems to be the one where people with the least amount of skills have the greatest chance of some success, possibly because, unlike other amateur sports, it involves matchmaking and all the shenanigans of a pro-sport and also probably because, due to the cache of being able to call yourself an MMA fighter, a lot of relatively untrained people will choose to give it a go.

I often wonder though, if every local scene features as many minimally trained competitors as mine does.

Second image and read the comments

Dang, shite runs deep. I didn't know about the Keenan thing. That said, listening to Gordon's side of the story on the video he uploaded on Youtube discussing Keenan, does make him sound like he's telling the truth about stuff. It's weird, you can kind of tell when someone is lying and Gordon comes off as being truthful, even if he does often find himself muddled in controversy.

Aren't they schedule to fight at the next ADCC Super Fight? That is until Galvao does another runner, or asks for 1 Million Dollars, even though BJJ is a fringe sport and deserves no where near that amount of money.

Anyway Galvao looked like a bitch in this occasion, not even Jesus would've turned the other cheek.

Back