Gordon Ryan responds to USADA end

Terrible take... also no USADA does not mean testing is gone. They're surely going to figure something out.

I used to care that people were clean and competed fairly. However, over the years it’s become obvious that the girls are doing it as well as the guys. Everyone is on steroids Just like Nate said. Girls voices have changed, some have small meat missiles poking out... If they aren’t doing steroids, they are playing the weight game or hiding IV use. In a way things are returning to the old ways. Now they need to bring back soccer kicks, knees to the head of a downed opponent and the Gladiator intro.

Seems like those shitting on Jones for his failed tests are the ones cheering for no USADA.

This guy knows deep down he would be nothing without doping.

All he had were good skills and doping helped him to compensate his average physical abilities. He juiced so much that he looks like a grandpa while being less than 30 years old.

He would never have been a champion in a natural organization.

Average athletes like him are the ones who benefit the most from doping because doping is a huge leveling factor.

He's entitled to his opinion. I wholehearedly disagree. Part of making this sport mainstream is having basic things like drug testing, athletic commission oversight, a living wage / benefits for the fighters, etc. There is still much work to be done (for example, with fighter pay), but the progress and growth is undeniable.

To go back to the free-for-all days of the 90s-early 00s seems fun, but would actually be a regression that could see not just the UFC, but the sport as a whole, lose the mainstream acceptance it worked for decades to attain, resulting in:
- loss of ESPN/other big broadcasting deals/major sponsors
- less money for fighters
-fights taking place in small clubs in unregulated areas

I remember not being able to watch MMA because the cable companies were pressured to take it off the air in late 90s-early 00s. I don't want to go back to that time.

No other mainstream professional sport in the US tests for PEDs to the extent that USADA does.

It's not going to effect the legitimacy at all. Let the state commissions test and create programs similar to the NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB.

USADA didn't do anything positive for the sport. It was a purely a business move by the Fertitta's to prevent any scandals while they were packaging up the UFC for its sale.

Go watch the Icarus documentary. It actually hurt low level fighter's chances of advancing in their careers because as other's have mentioned, UFC cash cows got exemptions and big teams with money hired doctors so they could beat the testing.

Go watch the Icarus documentary. It actually hurt low level fighter's chances of advancing in their careers because as other's have mentioned, UFC cash cows got exemptions and big teams with money hired doctors so they could beat the testing.

Obviously, big teams would not be advantaged without drug testing, right ? <seedat>

The UFC cant go back to the Pride days, anti dopping its part of making it a legit sport, sure entertainment value is part of it like he said, but there is no way they drop testing altogether with USADA, it will go with someone else.
Every professional American sports association has some sort of testing program, but with other sports the testing is extremely lax. No one thinks the NFL is clean for example

What keeps the UFC from just adopting a program that's lax? Who is actually demanding strict testing? IMO, not the fans, and currently not congress. I wouldn't worry about strict testing unless congress demanded it or athletic commissions demanded it.

The UFC cant go back to the Pride days, anti dopping its part of making it a legit sport, sure entertainment value is part of it like he said, but there is no way they drop testing altogether with USADA, it will go with someone else.
Let's hope not

Every professional American sports association has some sort of testing program, but with other sports the testing is extremely lax. No one thinks the NFL is clean for example

What keeps the UFC from just adopting a program that's lax? Who is actually demanding strict testing? IMO, not the fans, and currently not congress. I wouldn't worry about strict testing unless congress demanded it or athletic commissions demanded it.
Nba test 1 time a year that's it

They will still be testing because of the athletic commissions. TRT and IV will make a comeback now. It will be like the NBA. Steroids are technically not allowed but they are allowed their "treatment" if it's prescribed for an injury.

Our government is too busy fighting about pronouns to crack down on steroids. Sports are moving away from stricter testing now. I believe that the MLB dropped USADA last year too.

He's entitled to his opinion. I wholehearedly disagree. Part of making this sport mainstream is having basic things like drug testing, athletic commission oversight, a living wage / benefits for the fighters, etc. There is still much work to be done (for example, with fighter pay), but the progress and growth is undeniable.

To go back to the free-for-all days of the 90s-early 00s seems fun, but would actually be a regression that could see not just the UFC, but the sport as a whole, lose the mainstream acceptance it worked for decades to attain, resulting in:
- loss of ESPN/other big broadcasting deals/major sponsors
- less money for fighters
-fights taking place in small clubs in unregulated areas

I remember not being able to watch MMA because the cable companies were pressured to take it off the air in late 90s-early 00s. I don't want to go back to that time.

I agree. I’ve always wanted mma to be viewed as a legitimate sport and until the things you’ve mentioned are a part of it, it never will be. It will always be sports entertainment until that criteria is established.

Guy under 30 whose body is ravaged by major health problems (most likely due to jucing to the gills and beyond):
'Thank god USADA is gone, now the athletes can juice freely it will be so much better for their health!'

Retards: 'Wow he's so right!'
<mma4>

Back