GOTY 2022 Announced; Total War: Warhammer III

But they got some shit to work with. Enchanted samarui's = epic

CA has a lot of their own resources as well. I'm sure there will be a lot of Total War 3 Kingdoms "influences" in Cathay.

Fuck yeah. It feels like this is going to be the most colorful one yet and I'm glad CA is drowning those maps with colors.

I thought Kislev would be my first faction, and may still be it because it feels the most fitting, but Tzeentch's campaign mechanics are craaaaaazy. Kislev's mechanics sound really fun, especiallt investing and controlling how a lord or hero can be developed and customized, and a divided nation but united against Chaos is a fantastic setup.

Kislev? Kislev. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-kislev-campaign-mechanics/

Tzeentch mechanics https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-tzeentch-campaign-mechanics/
  • Transfer Settlement
  • Transfer control and ownership of one settlement to a new faction. This can be your faction or another.
    • Open Gates
      • Open the gates of a major settlement with walls, for any battles in that settlement in the next few turns.
    • Force Rebellion
      • Causes a rebellion in a region, spawning an army for the owner to contend with.
    • Track Army
      • You are given the line of sight of a target army.
    • Reveal Faction Intentions
      • Shows the plans of all armies a target faction controls.
    • Reveal Shroud
      • Gives complete vision of a target faction’s territory.
    • Halt Faction
      • All characters – so armies and heroes – have their movement halted and disabledfor the faction’s following turn.
    • Give War Co-ordination Target
      • Gives a faction a war co-ordination target even if they are not your ally.
    • Break Alliance
      • Break the military or defensive alliance between two factions.
    • Force War
      • Force a war between two factions.

I was big into total war a long time ago. When the graphics starting getting really good I couldn't play it on my laptop. Would love to play on console.

Fuck yeah. It feels like this is going to be the most colorful one yet and I'm glad CA is drowning those maps with colors.

I thought Kislev would be my first faction, and may still be it because it feels the most fitting, but Tzeentch's campaign mechanics are craaaaaazy. Kislev's mechanics sound really fun, especiallt investing and controlling how a lord or hero can be developed and customized, and a divided nation but united against Chaos is a fantastic setup.

Kislev? Kislev. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-kislev-campaign-mechanics/

Tzeentch mechanics https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-tzeentch-campaign-mechanics/
  • Transfer Settlement
  • Transfer control and ownership of one settlement to a new faction. This can be your faction or another.
    • Open Gates
      • Open the gates of a major settlement with walls, for any battles in that settlement in the next few turns.
    • Force Rebellion
      • Causes a rebellion in a region, spawning an army for the owner to contend with.
    • Track Army
      • You are given the line of sight of a target army.
    • Reveal Faction Intentions
      • Shows the plans of all armies a target faction controls.
    • Reveal Shroud
      • Gives complete vision of a target faction’s territory.
    • Halt Faction
      • All characters – so armies and heroes – have their movement halted and disabledfor the faction’s following turn.
    • Give War Co-ordination Target
      • Gives a faction a war co-ordination target even if they are not your ally.
    • Break Alliance
      • Break the military or defensive alliance between two factions.
    • Force War
      • Force a war between two factions.

My only concern is that AI Tzeentch is going to make the player's life hell with how the AI will super focus the player no matter what.

^ Nice

Not what i was expecting them to be like, but i like it all the same.

Ogre gameplay trailer leaked, but I'll add it when it official one comes out.

Also this,

qyz3q3vcelx71.jpg

This is coming to gamepass, and Ive never played a Total Warhammer game, so Im looking forward to playing this. Looks like a great strategy game, different to CIV I assume. Too bad its clashing with Elden Ring so IIl play this after that.

So both TW:Warhammer 3 and the GW2 Expansion releases on the same month and both games will have a new zone called Cathay/Cantha which are very Eastern Asia based maps.

Whoa

The previously mentioned leaked trailer.

There's also some uncut battle videos out there getting put out by a lot of sponsored TW content creators showing off every new faction so far except Kislev.

Last edited:
All of the released battles look awesome, especially that minor settlement map full of chokepoints like 3K. Ogre Kingdoms! Can't wait to see Nurgle and Slaanesh in the next couple weeks.

The Reddit is equal parts fun hype threads and crybaby nitpicking. Hilarious.

This is coming to gamepass, and Ive never played a Total Warhammer game, so Im looking forward to playing this. Looks like a great strategy game, different to CIV I assume. Too bad its clashing with Elden Ring so IIl play this after that.

Yeah that gamepass launch is a smart move. If you enjoy the game, it'll be worth a full purchase on Steam later on because if you buy Total Warhammer I and II as well, all three games are going to be combined into a giant map with all thr factions from the previous games. Mortal Empires, the combined map, is already huge in WH2 so all three games together is going to be fucking massive. I imagine they'll be discounting the previous games a lot around WH3's release.

Total War games are lighter in the strategy campaign management part, especially the Warhammer games, but really shine in the battles, faction unique campaign mechanics and the sheer diversity of units and factions. 8,000 to 10,000 individually modeled troops in a brawl to the death with monsters, magic and legendary lords leading armies is endlessly fun. The mod scene is amazing too which has given the games a ton of longevity.

love this reveal. So excited to see all the units up close, I am getting hype for this now.

Back