Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

I'm trash at judging DBs at the college level.

Biggest wants is an ILB that can eat a block in the A gap to help Clark and another OL.

It's difficult to judge college athletes because of the difference in talent of the opposition.

I saw today that the Packers had offered Pettine a one year extension at the start of this season but he decided against it. He might have realized that the Packers weren't going to improve the defense.

The cap squeeze makes it difficult to keep players and this season is going to be even worse. Other teams are facing the same problem so there isn't as much money out there for free agents. Players might have to settle for less money.

I don't think you can coaches based on one play call. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. On the whole, the defense was pretty good this year. 9th in yards and 13th in points. Those are the best rankings since 2010.

I think more of a problem is LaFleur and the players themselves constantly having to approach him to change up some things, he might have lost the room. LaFleur burying him in 2-3 different press conferences also didn't help either. I liked his playcalling way more after the talk he had with the leaders of the defense and like mentioned before, he called a decent game against the Bucs except for that one call (IMO). A bunch of players simply did not show up.

I saw today that the Packers had offered Pettine a one year extension at the start of this season but he decided against it. He might have realized that the Packers weren't going to improve the defense.
They have plenty of talent on defense, in my opinion at least.

Lol this team could've had

Hayward
Jaire
Hyde
Amos
Savage

Would've been the best secondary in the league lmao. What a fuckjob
Hayward still hurts but Hyde was due a fat payday the Packers couldn’t afford.

I don't think you can coaches based on one play call. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. On the whole, the defense was pretty good this year. 9th in yards and 13th in points. Those are the best rankings since 2010.
It only matters when it counts, and he fucking sucked when it mattered

It only matters when it counts, and he fucking sucked when it mattered

I don't think the play call was that bad. He was playing aggressive to prevent the field goal. Generally, leaving a scrub like Scotty Miller, their #4 receiver, 1 on 1 with your starting CB isn't that big a deal. King just fucked it up.

Saw that. Guy ran the 2015 Broncos and 2018 Rams I’m sold. DO IT GUTE

I'm not sold tbh.

2015 Broncos was the most talented defense of nearly the past 20 years and the Rams were both very talented and had the best ball control offense in the league.

If we got Phillips GB's D would be top 5 for the next two years, then probably fall off a cliff.

Gute still needs to hit on drafting 2 more legit cover corners and another big body to help Kenny Clark.

I honestly think they should get some new blood and hire a young up and coming DC. We need someone for the long haul when Love takes over in 2022.

For anyone who wants to follow the search :)

Nielson and Leonhard are great choices. Definitely not Sutton. Unsure about the rest, i don’t mean that positively or negatively
If they’re looking for more NFL experience, im cool with Wad or Richard

Nielson and Leonhard are great choices. Definitely not Sutton. Unsure about the rest, i don’t mean that positively or negatively
If they’re looking for more NFL experience, im cool with Wad or Richard

I'd like to see Leonhard as the Packers DC but at the same time, I kind of hate to see him leaving the Badgers. It would improve tackling as Leonhard doesn't like players that just throw a shoulder instead of grabbing and holding on to make a tackle.

Couldn't convince a college coach to leave for the pros smh. Guess the guy's happy where he is, which is nice

The whole College Football industry is absurd, though, there shouldn't even be "consideration" if an NFL calls yet a bunch of College coaches stay there forever (while players make fuck all).

The whole College Football industry is absurd, though, there shouldn't even be "consideration" if an NFL calls yet a bunch of College coaches stay there forever (while players make fuck all).

Lol. No matter the reason, that's embarrassing for GB.

This off-season is gonna suuuuck.

Lol. No matter the reason, that's embarrassing for GB.

This off-season is gonna suuuuck.
Oh it is absolutely embarrassing, if you couldn't convince the Badgers DC coach to be your DC you did something wrong...

Sucks even more that this shit came out right away, now every other candidate knows how much they really wanted someone else. :rolleyes:

I don’t think it’s embarrassing as some of you are making it out to be. Leonhard really loves where he is. Hes turned down several jobs over the last few years (Alabama, Florida state, Texas A&M, Illinois HC). He has zero reason from his perspective to leave outside of some ridiculous offer. If he wasn’t going to the team in his own state hes not going anywhere else, NFL or college. @Deffid I mentioned this specifically the other day for a reason

Evero the other guy being favored is a good choice too, a lot of people are high on him and he’s worked under Monte Kiffin, Fangio, Capers, Phillips/Staley and all the guys with the Rams defense most recently over the last 15 years. I’d have no objections there either

Back