Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

I don’t think it’s embarrassing as some of you are making it out to be. Leonhard really loves where he is. Hes turned down several jobs over the last few years (Alabama, Florida state, Texas A&M, Illinois HC). He has zero reason from his perspective to leave outside of some ridiculous offer. If he wasn’t going to the team in his own state hes not going anywhere else, NFL or college. @Deffid I mentioned this specifically the other day for a reason

Evero the other guy being favored is a good choice too, a lot of people are high on him and he’s worked under Monte Kiffin, Fangio, Capers, Phillips/Staley and all the guys with the Rams defense most recently over the last 15 years. I’d have no objections there either

Most people won't know all this info you just posted, at first glance (which is as deep most people will go here, lets be honest) it will be viewed as embarrassing. Had a weird feeling the last few days that this was going to happen (Packers want him, he declines) after reading your post.

Most people won't know all this info you just posted, at first glance (which is as deep most people will go here, lets be honest) it will be viewed as embarrassing. Had a weird feeling the last few days that this was going to happen (Packers want him, he declines) after reading your post.

Now this is actually way more embarrassing. That was the year the Lions went 0-16. Marinelli was the HC and called the plays so you can’t place all the blame there, but his Washington defenses were garbage. Very uninspiring if true. Unless Pettine did some heinous behind the scenes stuff none of us know about id rather have him back without question over a proven failure at DC

Underwhelming

I’ll give Barry a chance, but I’m very skeptical of any improvement and there’s nothing to indicate it happening. Gives me vibes of McCarthy hiring Nolan because they’re pals or whatever

I have a hard time believing this guy is the best option out there

Underwhelmed by this Barry talk. Wad Phillips wants to work and he would have the D on point quick. LeQueer should take a page out of the McVay playbook and let the oldster get him to the SB.

Couldn't convince a college coach to leave for the pros smh. Guess the guy's happy where he is, which is nice

I think he has looked at other coaches who left programs. He is very good friends with Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst. Leonhard has a young family and it's difficult to move them. He also sees the Wisconsin football program as family and feels an obligation to the players he recruited. He might be in line for the head coach job if Chryst retires. He saw Paul Chryst leave Wisconsin and come back and he's seen other coaches come and go.

wzqqkx7y1yf61.jpg

Fell asleep early yesterday and woke up to the shit news a few hours ago.

Guess I will give him a chance, but right now it looks like another year of Pettine would have been better...

Was Rodgers serious or was he joking in his comments on winning the 2020 MVP?

He mentions getting engaged and thanks his fiance among other people in this short clip.
https://www.packers.com/video/aaron-rodgers-wins-2020-ap-most-valuable-player

It immediately launched speculation as to who it is. Shailene Woodley was the woman he was linked to after he and Danica broke up.

I wouldn't put it past Rodgers to have dropped the engaged and fiance into the conversation as one of his pranks.

What's funny is didn't we say Hackett was going to be a can? Sure seemed suspect at the time

This guy had to deal with one of the worst teams in history, and then the Redskins lol. Maybe he just got dealt a shit hand?

What's funny is didn't we say Hackett was going to be a can? Sure seemed suspect at the time

This guy had to deal with one of the worst teams in history, and then the Redskins lol. Maybe he just got dealt a shit hand?
One guy on another forum said it best, something like that we are going to talk ourselves (the journalists already started) into him and try to find positives for the entire off- and preseason, then he will end up sucking anyway lol.

From what I have read he is a very energetic, good guy and does the coaching part well. He certainly has a lot to prove and a lot of motivation, being received that badly by the fanbase and being the second choice. LaFleur had specific thoughts about how he wants his defense to play, so I'd assume Joe Barry did fine in the interview.

Yeah I've been thinking LaFleur seemed like he came to despise what Pettine was doing at times, so at least we'll probably be getting somebody different

LaFleur was also seen as a failure as when he was in Tenn he had a bottom barrel offense.

Was Rodgers serious or was he joking in his comments on winning the 2020 MVP?

He mentions getting engaged and thanks his fiance among other people in this short clip.
https://www.packers.com/video/aaron-rodgers-wins-2020-ap-most-valuable-player

It immediately launched speculation as to who it is. Shailene Woodley was the woman he was linked to after he and Danica broke up.

I wouldn't put it past Rodgers to have dropped the engaged and fiance into the conversation as one of his pranks.

The fact that he said he was "engaged" and mentioned his "fiance" made me think he wasn't trolling, lol. Rodgers is totally the type to drop a major bombshell about his life at the most random time.

I'm pretty stoked for him if it's indeed true. The guy seems to be really enjoying his life on and off the field.

The fact that he said he was "engaged" and mentioned his "fiance" made me think he wasn't trolling, lol. Rodgers is totally the type to drop a major bombshell about his life at the most random time.

I'm pretty stoked for him if it's indeed true. The guy seems to be really enjoying his life on and off the field.
But he's also the kind of guy who would troll journalists because he hates the lies and sensationalism :D

Back