Gsp should go out of retirement and go at colby.

Not sure if he still has the physical attributes to beat Colby at this point if I'm being honest, a couple of years ago when he beat Bisping in a not too intense of a fight he seemed pretty close to being gassed before getting the finish, guy is 40 years old. I could be wrong and if he does have enough cardio to go 5 rounds strong, this is an absolutely winnable fight for sure.

But why? To win another fight? He's already a 3x UFC champ. What would coming out of retirement to beat Colby do whatsoever? Just because he CAN?

A fight vs Colby has zero appeal for GSP or the fans. Wtf...

Sherdog in 2034

“GSP should come back”
“Fedor probably could have one last fight!”
“Brock still looks huge! , did you see him at wrestle mania 52!”

Colby would smoke gsp in 2022

georges might honestly tap again due to exhaustion

GSP jabs Colby and then gets the takedown. X 5 rounds to an easy decision win.

100% agreed this is what would happen if they were both in their prime.

No clue what GSP looks like in the cage at 170 today but there is no part of Colby's game that is better than GSP's. Anywhere.

100% agreed this is what would happen if they were both in their prime.

No clue what GSP looks like in the cage at 170 today but there is no part of Colby's game that is better than GSP's. Anywhere.
Colby's cardio and toughness/chin are better then GSP's. Matt Serra in a Million fights would never have cracked Colby's chin like that.

People gotta let go of Khabib and GSP. Those two are never coming back. Let those legends enjoy retirement.

Colby's cardio and toughness/chin are better then GSP's. Matt Serra in a Million fights would never have cracked Colby's chin like that.

The GSP that lost to Serra is not the same GSP that held the title for 5+ years and only lost three rounds

GSP would jab Colby to death and take him down at will and hold him there if he wanted to. He also would not get taken down. GSP is the best wrestler at 170 ever.

saying colby has no chance is like saying usman has no chance, the two guys fought to nearly a draw

either guy could push GSP to his limits

GSP tapped to strikes from a bloated LW BJJ Midget.
Imagine what the syrup sucker would do when Colby puts that insane pace on him.

The GSP that lost to Serra is not the same GSP that held the title for 5+ years and only lost three rounds

GSP would jab Colby to death and take him down at will and hold him there if he wanted to. He also would not get taken down. GSP is the best wrestler at 170 ever.
Lets get one thing straight absolutely nobody in the history of the 170 lb division is capable of taking Colby down "at will". Usman is a better wrestler then GSP and he didn't even attempt a TD for good reason.

also saying that "the GSP that lost to Serra wasn't the same GSP" is unfairly sweeping a bad tko loss under the rug as if it never happened which it definitely did. GSP is not capable of hurting Colby with his shots and not capable of out wrestling Colby so i am not sure how it is obvious that he would win.

Could i see prime GSP jabbing Colby and winning 50-45? sure.

but I could also see Colby's toughness and pressure being too much for GSP and the fight looking a lot like GSP vs. Hendricks.

I actually think Colby is a bad matchup for GSP and that fight is really close. I think GSP would have to throw power to win that, I don't think he is taking Colby down with any frequency and Colby has the volume to out point GSP. GSP throwing power can connect to that chin, but he didn't throw with a ton of power later in his career (he really didn't have to).

67wvt8.jpg

He has nothing left to prove. Why do guys wanna see legend ruin their legacy fighting way past their primes?

Back