PlayStation GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2-- PS4 free to play without PS Plus membership

The other day took around an hour to do one sortie. The first one looked like we were going to win, but too many disconnected so got a no contest. Kept getting insufficient internet speed and couldn't join a room. Weirdly today didn't have anywhere near as many times couldn't get into room to sortie, but had too many turds joining room and never pressing sortie, wasting everyone's time.

Tonight there should be a refresh showing the first of the game's anniversary special stuff. Saved up a bit over 80 tokens. Looking forward to splurging.

Guaranteed 3 star MS from 10 spin was too hard to resist. Ended up getting GP01! Very light on its feet, but machine gun seems underpowered. They paint these things with such faded colors.

When I first started this game about a month ago, they had this apology amends where after every 3 sorties you get 100% appearance of container drop until you reached your daily limit. Now with that gone, took almost 24 hrs to get 2 random drop containers. I almost gave up, but got the 2nd container this morning.

Tried to do the fresh new monthly missions and get 20 wins and got stuck winless for the longest time due to long streak of having pure shit teammates. Good thing is you perform ok, your rating doesn't necessarily drop since your + offsets the team's -.

When you reach a certain rank, you can custom paint your MS. I saw one with red long sleeve "shirt" and blue "pants" looking a lot like Optimus Prime. Others painted red like Char's Zaku II.

Needed 5 or 6 more defeats of rivals for monthly challenge and with shitty teammates, absolutely could not get it done. Tried again later in the day and banged them out in almost consecutive sorties with better teammates who didn't allow so many power plays by opposite team.

Learned today if you have zero bars of internet and keep trying and failing to enter a room, PSN will block you and say try again after a while. Maybe 5 minutes later the upper left corner message re: camp restrictions was gone and had 3 bars of internet and sortied ok.

The really irritating thing is you can't always sortie when you want to due to internet. Wondering if all those times a melee weapon looked too far to reach me but did was due to internet lag.

The last update last week gave the ability to further enhance a MS in the hangar beyond the original limit. It costs some modification kits + credits... a lot... like 80,000 credits... for each line item upgrade beyond the original limit, so after spending 80k, the next line item upgrade costs another 100k.

In a battle, there was fighting near the base, so I went to help. After the enemy MS was killed, everyone went away, but I saw a speck on radar so looked for and killed the enemy pilot on the ground. A little while later before I could leave the area, I saw another pilot speck on radar and killed it. Then again. I noticed he was re-spawning so close because he parked his MS nearby hidden and it was an Agguguy who has Stealth Skill. Once I realized, I destroyed it before he could bomb our base.

The Agguguy, Z'Gok, etc. looking like teddy bears are absolute beasts, especially with stealth and speed.

I spent $7.99 on the Starter Pack with 31 tokens and Lv 2 Gundam to support the game makers for a fun game. I now have a bit over 100 tokens eagerly awaiting what's next on Wednesday night's banner update.

Last edited:
Yesterday didn't play during the day. Last night before I could get any of the maximum 4 random container drops for the day, the game's server was down for at least maybe 3 hrs. Earlier there was an upper left corner alert re: Restricted Mode, then later no alert at all and no indication how long it would be down.

Luckily, this morning I think I got a container drop after each of 4 consecutive sorties. I'm guessing they did that on purpose because the server was down for so long.

Seems like when you do the tokens gacha pulls and get crappy stuff, you can't exit the game thinking it didn't save so you could try to undo and redo. It does save. You're stuck with crap drops.

Saved enough tokens to do 15, 30, 30, 30 on pulls. First 30 drops were pretty crappy. Mostly ** weapons for MS I don't have or don't use. The *** was a Zock (goofy looking thing from original Gundam.

Spent 6 tokens in the MkII banner section and got crap. Did 30 tokens there and got the MkII! Looks great, but with the weapons I have available for it, I won't do well using it. Need to get the bazooka at least. The beam rifle takes too long to recharge between shots.

Seems like JP PSN Store has an image hinting at the arrival of Double Zeta aka ZZ.

Finally got the gold medal to allow maximum 5 container drops per day, but the game is so damn stingy and sortied who knows how many times and zero containers.

I have a new killer rifle, so am doing more space battles where before I hated them.

In this game, in addition to jackasses entering a room and never pressing sortie and running down the clock wasting everyone's time, I ran into one teammate who attacked me while I was lying down sniping and another one intentionally blocking me in a narrow path as if guarding me one on one in NBA. This is pretty much my first online multiplayer shooting game, so I'm not used to these retards.

There were times I'd see a parked MS and there's no immediate indication if good guy or bad guy, so I shot at it, but realized it's a friendly after seeing it wasn't taking damage on health bar.

Last week blew all my tokens doing the guaranteed ** and *** MS 10 pull gacha and didn't do the 4th step in order to try the other one and got GP01.

Saved up another 30 tokens, including via 2x gold container with 3 tokens each, so did the 4th step pull and got Assimar and Full Armor 7th Gundam. I'm hoping by the time the good anniversary stuff comes, I'll have saved at least 30 tokens.

Tried UFO Assimar transformed flight mode and couldn't really adjust altitude. I wonder if it automatically floats a certain height above ground. I could have swore I saw one flying high in the city. Doesn't seem like a MS I'll be using much.

https://bo2.ggame.jp/en/info/?p=40606

Starting tonight, it seems, for the 2 yr anniversary, a lot of free stuff and limited time special stuff including 39 tokens free, 5 free *** MS, maybe 50 free gacha pulls over 5 weeks. ZZ Gundam debuts. Some special missions for a new ZZ transforming MS.

Those who used to play this game or are slightly interested should jump in now for a month for all the anniversary freebies.

I blew all my tokens I was saving for anniversary, but seems like I might have more than enough to do the 3 step pulls that come with 100 recycle tickets each step.

The last update last week gave the ability to further enhance a MS in the hangar beyond the original limit. It costs some modification kits + credits... a lot... like 80,000 credits... for each line item upgrade beyond the original limit, so after spending 80k, the next line item upgrade costs another 100k.

In a battle, there was fighting near the base, so I went to help. After the enemy MS was killed, everyone went away, but I saw a speck on radar so looked for and killed the enemy pilot on the ground. A little while later before I could leave the area, I saw another pilot speck on radar and killed it. Then again. I noticed he was re-spawning so close because he parked his MS nearby hidden and it was an Agguguy who has Stealth Skill. Once I realized, I destroyed it before he could bomb our base.

The Agguguy, Z'Gok, etc. looking like teddy bears are absolute beasts, especially with stealth and speed.

I spent $7.99 on the Starter Pack with 31 tokens and Lv 2 Gundam to support the game makers for a fun game. I now have a bit over 100 tokens eagerly awaiting what's next on Wednesday night's banner update.

Last week blew all my tokens doing the guaranteed ** and *** MS 10 pull gacha and didn't do the 4th step in order to try the other one and got GP01.

Saved up another 30 tokens, including via 2x gold container with 3 tokens each, so did the 4th step pull and got Assimar and Full Armor 7th Gundam. I'm hoping by the time the good anniversary stuff comes, I'll have saved at least 30 tokens.

Tried UFO Assimar transformed flight mode and couldn't really adjust altitude. I wonder if it automatically floats a certain height above ground. I could have swore I saw one flying high in the city. Doesn't seem like a MS I'll be using much.

I watched each episode of Zeta Gundam and barely remember much about the obscure enemy MS. I only know Zeta, Hyaku Shiki, Mk II, Psycho Gundam. I'm watching some Zeta Gundam New Translation without subtitles or English and not sure why they spliced in some new animation where the look and voices don't seem to match the original.

In the game, I hate when the other team has someone with stealth Efreet Nacht/Gundam Pixie, Agguguy, Rick Dom/Dias whatevers fatass sliding around gracefully wrecking everyone.

I had my best overall results with machine gun/cannon combo. When I use something with extra strong long range rifle, but really slow reload, I usually just end up getting assists rather than leading team in major stats or getting most damage dealt... as long as other team doesn't seek payback.

I test drove the ZZ in the Battle Simulator with refreshed challenges. You can't switch the weapons, etc. via HARO. Doesn't seem like something I'd be using a lot, so not gonna try to get it. You have to hold down the trigger to charge for few to several seconds to fire.

Against human players, a few times recently, fired beam rifle and the enemy MS didn't take any damage. Wondering if they stacked anti-beam armor or if they did something with the custom parts to change HP% to head or back. Don't really know what that does, if it makes it so you must shoot the head or back to do any damage or if other parts are more vulnerable with less HP% there.

Early on, I've been using Custom Parts to stack range offensive power and reload, and any leftover slots to armor. I saw some say it's better to equip extra HP parts instead of armor.

Hard to say which gets me better results. It's good to be able to survive a melee combo. I'm leaning towards skipping reload parts if it'll only save me a second or less than two seconds. Some of the guns take forever to reload.

In one match, the extra reload and power really helped with a last second come from behind victory. I had just respawned, took a respawn point, and landed a long range last second kill for the win. Closest I came to a NBA finals buzzer beater basket.

I tried using a Rick Dom and it feels really slippery like on ice skates. It just glides.

I tried the Ez8 WR and it has a nice selection of alternate rifles, but very slow.

The Zudah seems really fast when speeding to bomb the enemy base.

I saw the youtube video of the new PS4 Maxiboost game trailer and seems like they included mobile suits of every Gundam cartoon and other side stories. Looks very arcadey. Fast paced 2 vs. 2, online. Doesn't look like it's for me, but I thought the same about GBO2 and Gundam Versus and am hooked on GBO2.

The game just dropped Qubeley with fin funnels. I saw some post they got it on 1x gacha pull. I tried twice and got garbage.

I blew maybe 75 tokens on the discounted GBO Days specials and got recycle tickets in lieu of duplicates. Still no Hyaku Shiki, Zeta, ZZ. Got a Rick Dias though, also a GP02 BB, GP03, a couple of Pale Rider whatevers where one is space use only, I think.

Right now they are giving 2x enhancement progress along with a ton of mechanic tickets and credits, so maxed out a few MS and having a hard time figuring out which ones to enhance next. In a space battle, a Dra-C wrecked me quick and easy several times via some sort of jousting thrust attack. I need to test it out before investing enhancement on it. I'm working on a Nemo, but the sniper rifle costs 200k credits!

I'm downloading now just curious is there a rating systems on the items to know if there good or not ?

I'm downloading now just curious is there a rating systems on the items to know if there good or not ?
Kinda sorta.

Each mobile suit (MS), weapon, custom part has individually obtainable levels like Lv 1, Lv 2, etc. The higher the level, the bigger the boost, but with parts, the higher level ones will take up more parts slots leaving less slots to equip other parts. If you choose to buy via credits, you must first already have the prior level version. If you choose to trade via recycle tickets, you can get a higher level item without having the lesser version.

In addition, each of the above is marked in a 3 star scale where *** is the most rare.

To see what's best, you need to look at what weapons a MS can use (can't view all it can use if you don't own it or didn't unlock or acquire the alternate weapon), look at the weapon's power, range, reload time.

It's more an issue of finding the right MS that suits your preferred role. I wanted to use the MS the main characters from the cartoon used, but those don't have good weapons for my role.

Right now, new and returning players get special bonuses. Also currently there's a crazy accelerated enhancement bonus where they give you a ton of credits and mechanic's tickets to further enhance your MS's attributes, so quickly figure out what MS will be your goto MS and enhance it to the max.

I tried out this Gundam that has this mega high beam cannon whatevers, but it must be charged for 20 seconds before you can fire and you cannot move around while it's charging. Does the most damage I've seen, but also takes forever to wait to be able to fire again. It's good to have, but you're a sitting duck while charging and must not miss any shots or end up wasting your offense.

Back