International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

Hamas took hostages so Israel could return the children they have kept hostage for no reason. Why did Israel have hostages for decades? Why were they sexually torturing kids?

You speak about hostages as this extreme evil act while ignoring the hostages Israel has held?

You seem to like a certain terrorist over another here. I wonder why.

You forgot that Israel gets to call them prisoners

‘Beaten, stripped, used as human shield’: Gaza victim recalls Israel terror​

As Israel resumed its attacks on parts of Gaza City, Ramadan Shamlakh’s family home was attacked. Then, according to his account, a war crime took place.

By Maram Humaid
Published On 23 Feb 202423 Feb 2024

Deir el-Balah, Gaza – Blood all over his face, and his eyes swollen, Ramadan Shamlakh arrived at a hospital after passersby found him struggling to walk southwards from northern Gaza.

The 21-year-old man said he had endured beatings, a stripping and a war crime – he was used as a human shield – by Israeli soldiers when they raided his family home in the Zeitoun neighbourhood of Gaza City on Tuesday morning.

His story, and his desperate escape on foot to the south, came as the Israeli army renewed its ground military operations in the neighbourhood in the east of Gaza City, prompting residents to flee again towards al-Shifa Hospital to the city’s west.

Shamlakh was at home with his mother, his injured brother, and his four sisters, when they were all surprised by tanks advancing and surrounding them in the area.

“It was around 6:30am when the Israeli soldiers blew up a wall in our house and then opened fire randomly at us.”

“The soldiers brutally attacked me and my brother, who has been suffering from a foot injury since the 2014 war, and beat us extensively,” Shamlakh said.

“We were telling them that we are civilians and it is not our fault, but to no avail,” Shamlakh told Al Jazeera, while receiving treatment at Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah in the central Gaza Strip.

He said the soldiers insulted his mother and sisters with “obscene words” and “forced them to take off their hijabs”. When an angry Shamlakh told his sisters and mother to not listen to the soldiers, he was thrashed.

5Q8B8677-copy-1708595722.jpg

Ramadan Shamlakh receiving treatment at al-Aqsa Hospital in Deir-el-Balah [Abdelhakim Abu Riash/Al Jazeera]

“Then the soldiers detained my mother, my sisters and my wounded brother and took them to a direction I do not know. Then they took me, handcuffed me, and forced me to walk in front of them on the stairs to search the upper floors.”

What followed, according to Shamlakh’s account, was a war crime under Protocol 1 of the Geneva Conventions. The soldiers used him as a “human shield” as they entered apartments on the five upper floors. “I was opening the doors for them and they were shooting hard.

“When we reached the last floor, the soldiers beat me like crazy with their heavy shoes on my face, stomach and eyes,” he said. “There were about 15 soldiers, and they all took turns hitting me with shoes.”

He screamed, warned them that he could lose his sight – but they kept kicking and stomping on him. The soldiers interrogated Shamlakh about Hamas tunnels and his whereabouts on October 7 and whether he had participated in that day’s attacks.

“I repeatedly asserted my civilian status and dissociation from Hamas, but they were not convinced and kept beating me.”

One soldier, Shamlakh recalled, “was kicking my head whenever I raised it. Another one grabbed a knife and started cutting my fingers while I was screaming.”

After a period of torture and interrogation, the soldiers ordered Shamlakh to take off his clothes, remain in his underwear, and head south. “I was walking with great difficulty, my body bleeding and my face coated in blood. The cold chilled me to the bone, and I shivered uncontrollably.

“After a short while of walking, I saw tanks on the road, so I raised my hands in surrender. One of the tanks pointed its cannon at me. An Israeli patrol stopped me, interrogated me for a while, then released me.”

Shamlakh continued walking for about two and a half hours until he eventually reached an Israeli checkpoint.

“At the checkpoint, Israeli soldiers stopped me there and asked me who I was. They questioned me about my injuries,” Shamlakh recalled. “Despite explaining that they were inflicted by the army, they doubted my account.”

The soldiers detained Shamlakh for nearly an hour, standing in the cold with blood streaming from his face, before allowing him to pass.

“There were corpses of dead dogs around me, and many flies were gathering on them. The flies were coming on my face and on my wounds.”

A short distance from where Shamlakh crossed the checkpoint, he met some passersby who rushed to help him, gave him some clothes, and then called for an ambulance to take him to Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.

“Passersby helped me reach here.” He said. “Until now, I am anxious attempting to reach out to my family in eastern Gaza.

“I do not know anything about them, whether they are alive or not.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...-human-shield-gaza-man-recounts-israel-terror

America voted Bush into power that destroyed Iraq. Are they liable for retribution in the future?

Do all Americans deserve punishment for the actions of the Bush administration?

This is a weird take since I know you and most Americans vehemently deny any involvement in Iraq and continue to act like there was zero support years later.

Why is it so easy for Americans to distance themselves from their own government yet hold other populations to different standards?
I've never levied the argument that Palestinians "deserve" anything. Deserve has nothing to do with it.

The fact is that Hamas is the ruling government, despite posters arguing that most Palestinians weren't old enough to vote. The only thing I interjected in was to point out that your side is holding a different standard here; one that absolves Palestinians for it having happened a long time ago while holding Israeli's accountable for something their government did over twice as long ago. I think that is a pretty easy hypocrisy to spot and understand.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. The Palestenian people don't deserve to be caught in the crossfire. The Israel's didn't deserve what happened to them on October 7th.

To answer your question, if the Iraqi's were capable of striking back against America, do I think that they would have been justified and trying it? Yes. I mean that's war. Also, please don't project views on to me. I was quite anti-bush in my youth and never once supported invading Iraq.

It's odd to me that anyone who knows how Israel came to be and the totality of what they're doing can still defend what's going on. Anyone can nitpick details or post an individual thing that supports your point but the whole picture is uh, I don't know how any intellectually honest, decent person can support this. Now there's more agitated, displaced persons.

The US goes along with it so we have a presence/ally in the region. Israel knows this which is why they don't give a shit at even modest suggestions to do less devastation. Israel is a chess piece.

It's odd to me that anyone who knows how Israel came to be and the totality of what they're doing can still defend what's going on. Anyone can nitpick details or post an individual thing that supports your point but the whole picture is uh, I don't know how any intellectually honest, decent person can support this. Now there's more agitated, displaced persons.

The US goes along with it so we have a presence/ally in the region. Israel knows this which is why they don't give a shit at even modest suggestions to do less devastation. Israel is a chess piece.

I know all about how Israel came to be and fully support and defend it. I also understand that people opposing Israel are either Muslim nationalists who don’t tolerate “infidels” or western progressives who bifurcate all domains into a hierarchy of oppressor and oppressed and assign their unthinking support according to absurd intersectional ideology.

Except it doesn’t say any Palestinian women have been raped. This is the second time in two days where you posted a link and didn’t even read it

So don’t talk to anyone about narratives when you’ve been minimizing rapes this whole time. The reality is you seem to be fine with it, or at least willing to ignore it as long as the side your cheering for is the perpetrator
Excuse me, clearly YOU didn't read the link.... or the other morons that liked your post thinking you were slick...

Right in the fucking article:

“We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers. At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence,”

I know all about how Israel came to be and fully support and defend it. I also understand that people opposing Israel are either Muslim nationalists who don’t tolerate “infidels” or western progressives who bifurcate all domains into a hierarchy of oppressor and oppressed and assign their unthinking support according to absurd intersectional ideology.
You don't understand much then and/or are of questionable morality. You can get lost in details but the abstract is pretty simple. Israel was put where some people already lived, those people weren't and continue to not be happy about that whilst losing more and more land and living in shitty conditions, the international community is recognizing what's going on for what it is. Israel continues to do what it's doing only because the US wants it there. Shit, Corn Pop is on camera in the '80s saying that if there wasn't an Israel there, he'd make one. Never mind the shit that's come out of Netanyahu's mouth and other Israeli officials.

And a homeboy with the SN Gunny ain't exactly in a position to paint others' views with a broad brush or inappropriately use terms like "intersectional", not necessary nor relevant when examining war crimes.

Do I need to say 37x in a row that Hamas is bad now?

Stuff like this is probably why the amount of IDF casualties is so insanely low for an urban area.
Their casualties are insanely low because they aren't fighting a military, they are just blowing up and gunning down primarily starving civilians, women and children, with funding by the most powerful country on the planet. Taking breaks from that to make Tik-Tok videos mocking them and desecrating dozens of cemeteries, with full support from you scum bags.

Shooting fish in a barrel and walking away unscathed isn't a flex to boast.

Their casualties are insanely low because they aren't fighting a military, they are just blowing up and gunning down primarily starving civilians, women and children, with funding by the most powerful country on the planet. Taking breaks from that to make Tik-Tok videos mocking them and desecrating dozens of cemeteries, with full support from you scum bags.

Shooting fish in a barrel and walking away unscathed isn't a flex to boast.
Or, the muslim extremist opponent they are facing once again sucks ass at fighting war.
Despite what Allah seems to have promised them, beeing fanatical retards has brought nothing but losses anytime they went against a a civilized enemy.

Hamas are shark in a barrel. I wish Israel the best of luck in shooting that barrel

Last edited:
Back