Has a fighter ever taken a beating where you genuinely felt sorry for them?

Despite the ending, I remember him putting up a better fight in 3 than in 2.

JDS took a career's worth of damage in both those fights. Kind of depressing in hind sight. He could have just waited Cain out on injuries. If he only knew, lol.

Rousey vs Nunes.
I didn't like her and was rooting against her heavily, but I felt bad for the way she just got absolutely fucked.

Jake Shields vs Ellenberger is an obvious one

I know that I am late to the party but Jan Finney against Cyborg was a crime. The girl was a punching bag.

Thankfully Kim Winslow no longer refs.

Never like Joe Stevenson but...the mauling Penn put on him was pretty sad...
DT7pY--WkAAvPBP.jpg

Also Pat Curran vs. Joe Warren....Warren asking the ref don't stop the fight prematurely...he basically asked for the beating...
HeartfeltFailingAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Hooker vs Barboza is the first thing that comes to mind.

and even though I absolutely love this fight, Faber getting his leg destroyed by Aldo.

Sterling. The beating he took landed him champ and he’s so shaken by it that he can’t come up with the courage to give Yan his belt back.

Despite the ending, I remember him putting up a better fight in 3 than in 2.

Probably better prepared. I don’t think he thought 2 was a possibility at the time. He was attempting a standing guillotine right at the end

This was brutal mauling

Edit:
After going through this thread, Glover has a history of committing legal assaults in the cage

carla esparza vs joanna jedrzejczyk, Carla came out TUF winner and she has UFC SW belt and probably felt top of the world until she fought JJ. Seeing her outclass the whole match from a fighter that no one really know at the time, made me feel bad for her.

Back