Has Taylor Swift overtaken Britney Spears as the biggest female music icon of all time?

I feel that “female music icon” status is directly proportional to how many homosexuals attend your shows.
How is Taylor measuring up with the others in this regard? (Honest question, I actually don’t know.)

For instance, I believe Kylie Minogue was either the headline or ambassador to the Sydney Mardi Gras.

EDIT: Swift is not only selling out stadiums, she could sellout another two shows in every city she visits and people are missing out on tickets.

Probably this and how much impact they have in fashion and other things. I dont think music or hits alone does it.

Obviously Swift is the biggest. But for men who don't listen to any of these ladies music, Spears would be the one most men would have wanted to fuck at her peak. Madonna was always a dirty skank that reminded you of a prostitute; Swift was always that lanky nerd girl type that would never be your first choice of a lady at the bar. But prime Spears in either the school girl outfit or red leather outfit was a knockout. That's what guys remember. It's why we confuse her for having a bigger impact on the music scene than she really had.

A US phenomenon that is currently on a year long world tour selling out soccer stadiums all over the globe
I meant seeing her as anything special. Sure "Ops I did it again" also sold a lot of tickets but it's abysmal music. The American thing is to judge musicians by how much money they make which ,sorry to say, is retarded .

Swift definitely is successful all over the world. Backstreet Boys , Take That, Spice girls, Spears etc were that too but no one considers them influential musicians

she's better than britney but let's be serious here.
you put her in a room with Celine Dion and she just disappears into the background. She's closer to me in terms of vocal ability than she is to Celine.
Go watch a Lara Fabian concert and then talk about swift.
She's a symptom of how low the mass entertainment is now.

Icon? lol, no.

Probably this and how much impact they have in fashion and other things. I dont think music or hits alone does it.
Yeah when I think of the word "icon" I think of things outside of sales like how did you influence lyrics, dance, fashion, live performances.

Taylor although insanely popular is pretty bland when it comes to all of those things. Her entire schtick is bland PG appropriate songs that appeal to kids and young adults with butterfly tattoos on their wrist and letterboards in every room in their house.

she's better than britney but let's be serious here.
you put her in a room with Celine Dion and she just disappears into the background. She's closer to me in terms of vocal ability than she is to Celine.
Go watch a Lara Fabian concert and then talk about swift.
She's a symptom of how low the mass entertainment is now.

Icon? lol, no.
taylor grew to stardom due to her natural style, she can sing, unlike britney and madonna who had to rely on performing

Swift is right there or bigger than Prime Maddona. She lacks Madonna longevity but that's it . Swift has the bigger fan base and sells out faster .
Everything today sell more than yesterday, in many types of media

But again that's not even my argument

If we speak about international fame i doubt she's comparable
Back when i was kid Madonna was an icon, the queen of whole shit
Even without internet, people here knew her much more

Today at least here Swift is just considered an american singer, even if is true her last(?) song is being pusher a lot on radio here too... but it's like first time she's pushed that much here

To give perspective sticking with USA industry Katy Perry or Rihanna have been pushed just as much but on multiple songs, going bit more back JLo too

To stay more on present, also Miley Cyrus

Tbh i made joke before about Britney even being in the conversation, but honestly here you would find more people that know who Britney was, unless they're too young to remember her fame period

Don't pretend to know that's same for rest of europe, but i think if you ask any euro of reasonably young age and listen radio he/she can tell you kinda easily 5 Dua Lipa songs (not titles, i would fail that, but recognize/hint the song as a DL one)... doubt they could hint you 5 or even 3 from Swift (personally i literally just know last big "Is it over now" and have vague memory of her being the girl singing shake it off, but that's about it... will probably recognize more but not without YT help)

But again, that's my limited perspective... is possible Italy is some sort of bubble, only place on earth where she's not super famous
Even if i can say traveling europe local radio usually play same popular songs as italian radio

Have nothing against Swift, my limited knowledge about her is very beautiful girl and good voice
But if her popularity in rest of europe is similar to here, i have hard time rank her as icon anywhere near Madonna, Micheal Jackson and people like that

swift started younger, blew up younger, will overtake madonna, who was basically a cindy lauper 2.0 female shock jock. swift doesnt seem to be into drugs, think she'll outlast madonna.
if taylor swift is selling out arenas at age 65 you can bump this thread and say "i told you so"

Easily as molasses .....no margin of comparison whatsoever !!! :):)

Madonna ? Great voice no doubt, but she lacks good arrangements and decent unwimpy songs :):)

Taylor Swift seems to be mostly a product of a really good publicist.
This^
She’s supposed to be this bigger than life pop star, yet I can’t name a single song of hers.

But on the other hand, I’m old, what do I know.

Everything today sell more than yesterday, in many types of media

But again that's not even my argument

If we speak about international fame i doubt she's comparable
Back when i was kid Madonna was an icon, the queen of whole shit
Even without internet, people here knew her much more

Today at least here Swift is just considered an american singer, even if is true her last(?) song is being pusher a lot on radio here too... but it's like first time she's pushed that much here

To give perspective sticking with USA industry Katy Perry or Rihanna have been pushed just as much but on multiple songs, going bit more back JLo too

To stay more on present, also Miley Cyrus

Tbh i made joke before about Britney even being in the conversation, but honestly here you would find more people that know who Britney was, unless they're too young to remember her fame period

Don't pretend to know that's same for rest of europe, but i think if you ask any euro of reasonably young age and listen radio he/she can tell you kinda easily 5 Dua Lipa songs (not titles, i would fail that, but recognize/hint the song as a DL one)... doubt they could hint you 5 or even 3 from Swift (personally i literally just know last big "Is it over now" and have vague memory of her being the girl singing shake it off, but that's about it... will probably recognize more but not without YT help)

But again, that's my limited perspective... is possible Italy is some sort of bubble, only place on earth where she's not super famous
Even if i can say traveling europe local radio usually play same popular songs as italian radio

Have nothing against Swift, my limited knowledge about her is very beautiful girl and good voice
But if her popularity in rest of europe is similar to here, i have hard time rank her as icon anywhere near Madonna, Micheal Jackson and people like that
Swift has a million top hits, she isn’t a recent come up

Swift has a million top hits, she isn’t a recent come up
Did'nt said that, if you want reply to big ass post at least read it lol

Said at least here in Italy she was never been pushed hard on radio to general audience as has been with last song (compared to let's say Dua Lipa who got same treatment, but on many songs) , and that her popularity here is relatively moderate

Not unknown, if you tell me or another italian in his/her 30s just saying name we remember what face she have and some (likely not many) songs, but nowhere near as the level of popularity she have at home

Like when came out the news she was Time's first singer person of the year general reaction here has been "eh, she must be really famous there in America"
People had idea she's an american pop singer, but not the second coming of Christ you people are saying (wich i believe is true there)

As said can't speak for rest of europe, but if situation is same/similar in rest of the continent people claiming she surpassed Madonna's (or some others) level as worldwide pop culture icon is serious crack smoking claim lol

Did'nt said that, if you want reply to big ass post at least read it lol

Said at least here in Italy she was never been pushed hard on radio to general audience as has been with last song (compared to let's say Dua Lipa who got same treatment, but on many songs) , and that her popularity here is relatively moderate

Not unknown, if you tell me or another italian in his/her 30s just saying name we remember what face she have and some (likely not many) songs, but nowhere near as the level of popularity she have at home

Like when came out the news she was Time's first singer person of the year general reaction here has been "eh, she must be really famous there in America"
People had idea she's an american pop singer, but not the second coming of Christ you people are saying (wich i believe is true there)

As said can't speak for rest of europe, but if situation is same/similar in rest of the continent people claiming she surpassed Madonna's (or some others) level as worldwide pop culture icon is serious crack smoking claim lol

She's popular among afluent white women and girls, primarily in America. Which makes sense because she is one of them. Her parents were already rich and guided her early career so she didn't get fucked over in the early days of her career like a lot of artists do.

taylor grew to stardom due to her natural style, she can sing, unlike britney and madonna who had to rely on performing

Did she? I feel like she started out that way and then became a typical slutty dancing lipsyncer.

Did she? I feel like she started out that way and then became a typical slutty dancing lipsyncer.
she was the most wholesome folksy country singer when she blew up, then moved to pop.

she was the most wholesome folksy country singer when she blew up, then moved to pop.

Yeah that's what I said.

Maybe I'm getting old but the whole vibe is weird as fuck to me. Why is this 30 year old woman waving her camel toe in a bunch of 14 year old girls' faces?

It's fucking weird.

This^
She’s supposed to be this bigger than life pop star, yet I can’t name a single song of hers.

But on the other hand, I’m old, what do I know.
Short memory catching up ???!!!

Back