Has Taylor Swift overtaken Britney Spears as the biggest female music icon of all time?

Well she gets more tv time than Jack Nicholson did when he was at the Lakers games all those years. The only difference is (as far as we know) Jack Nicholson wasn't sucking off a player after the game to earn the tv time
<{jackyeah}>

Taylor swift is probably only a distant 2nd to Michael Jackson

Isn't Beyonce bigger than both of them, also I feel like Katy Perry put out hits more consistenty than Taylor Swift ever did.

Taylor Swift seems to be mostly a product of a really good publicist.

I would guess she would need to pass these two in order to take that spot.

EUVrlQrWoActR5I.jpg

She may have passed them, I have no idea. Hard to compare eras.

Swift has the numbers, but Madonna easily is the biggest icon. Other than going crazy and showing her goodies, Britt isn't even in the conversation. Her voice makes me want to murder puppies and kitties. Other than her limo exits, she has no talent at all. None.
I'd like to murder her kitty doggy style.

Swift really is a US phenomenon and mediocre at best regarding her music. I could name a lot of female musicians that I consider more influential and important. Who cares how much money she makes.

It's generic boring pop without anything special.

swift is lapping britney at this point

Well she gets more tv time than Jack Nicholson did when he was at the Lakers games all those years. The only difference is (as far as we know) Jack Nicholson wasn't sucking off a player after the game to earn the tv time
<{jackyeah}>

Taylor swift is probably only a distant 2nd to Michael Jackson
Elvis > both of them

I remember a couple years ago people were saying this about Beyonce. Although I don't ever remember Britney being bigger than Madonna. Personally nobody will top Whitney for me. On a different level vocally.

Spears is not even the biggest female icon of her generation. Beyonce trounces her there.

madonna IMO, she’s been doing it for decades
swift started younger, blew up younger, will overtake madonna, who was basically a cindy lauper 2.0 female shock jock. swift doesnt seem to be into drugs, think she'll outlast madonna. The defacto wholesome songs have better longevity imo. madonna peaked early, had a revival, swift has yet to peak

Money and sales, yes.

The term icon is is doing some heavy lifting if you have her above Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner and a couple of others in this thread.
Swift could be #5 and Britney is on ESPN+ in the early prelims.

Swift really is a US phenomenon and mediocre at best regarding her music. I could name a lot of female musicians that I consider more influential and important. Who cares how much money she makes.

It's generic boring pop without anything special.

A US phenomenon that is currently on a year long world tour selling out soccer stadiums all over the globe

A US phenomenon that is currently on a year long world tour selling out soccer stadiums all over the globe
I feel that “female music icon” status is directly proportional to how many homosexuals attend your shows.
How is Taylor measuring up with the others in this regard? (Honest question, I actually don’t know.)

For instance, I believe Kylie Minogue was either the headline or ambassador to the Sydney Mardi Gras.

EDIT: Swift is not only selling out stadiums, she could sellout another two shows in every city she visits and people are missing out on tickets.

Britney isn't running for President in '28. ;)

MASA - Make America Swiftie Again.

Madonna
Swift
Beyonce
Spears

Spears never even caught up to madonna. Maybe at her peak in the 90s she did but it was a flash in the pan, madonna was a proper icon in the 80s.

And swift is bigger now than madonna ever was, so yes biggest female music icon of all time.

Pre ass implant, jigsaw-looking Madonna would like to have a word

In her prime in the 80s Madonna was a global icon much like Michael Jackson. She was groundbreaking in her style and always had people guessing what's next
Not to mention, I can name a bunch of Madonna songs. I’m drawing a blank when it comes to Sarah Plain and Tall.

If we talk icon which is more than sales.
Brittney is really no on the list.
I say its still Madonna, I dont think people understand what a big icon she was.

Back