Social High School student gets Diploma denied for wearing Mexican flag at Ceremony

like someone does something that's ultimately completely harmless reasonable people just let life go on

then next year explicitly tell kids no flags or anything besides your cap and gown for your walk

instead the principal lost respect from the community, got the cops involved to usher this kid's family out, and wants an apology for him to receive his diploma .. some people just can't let go of managing and controlling

There needs to be more consequences happening to goofballs who want to act like fools during ceremonies. Have some respect for the institution and your fellow students by dressing and acting appropriately. This bullshit of wearing flags, making statements and acting foolish needs to be stopped. This shit is getting out of control. Have some respect and save your "message" for Tiktok.

This little prick is the exact problem we have with society. Become a fucking american or not. If not, GTFO.

I bet every time you see a St. Patrick's Day parade and all those goddamn Irish Americans waving the tricolour you envision yourself mowing the ingrates down with an AR.

What makes him so special that he is allowed to break dress code for the inauguration?

Why does everyone have to be such a conformist? It's harmless the kid worked hard for the diploma and it likely means something to him

Hand him his fuckin paper and he's off the stage and you don't have the media on your ass

Also he's a kid and kids do absurd things sometimes.

Is there a statement from the kid on what his message was? Definitely a foolish thing for the school to do, it wasn't hurting anyone and looks like it should have been addressed before he made it to the stage.

More schools need to be doing this to these clowns. This does hurt people because now there always has to some edgy, self-righteous idiot making a foolish statement at a graduation ceremony. This crap is out of control and the message needs to be sent that these clown antics will no longer be tolerated. Enough is enough.

I bet every time you see a St. Patrick's Day parade and all those goddamn Irish Americans waving the tricolour you envision yourself mowing the ingrates down with an AR.

That’s one day a year. This kid acts like this at graduation, sinking the mayonnaise day and probably every other day.

More schools need to be doing this to these clowns. This does hurt people because now there always has to some edgy, self-righteous idiot making a foolish statement at a graduation ceremony. This crap is out of control and the message needs to be sent that these clown antics will no longer be tolerated. Enough is enough.
You need a safe space, little guy?

There needs to be more consequences happening to goofballs who want to act like fools during ceremonies. Have some respect for the institution and your fellow students by dressing and acting appropriately. This bullshit of wearing flags, making statements and acting foolish needs to be stopped. This shit is getting out of control. Have some respect and save your "message" for Tiktok.
yes, I covered that with how to stop this going forward. As far as the reality of the situation went, she held up the ceremony for an awkward amount of time, more people cheered for him than would have otherwise, and now instead of talking about their graduation, it's likely people are asking his classmates about this incident that is getting picked up by national news, all because she was incapable of being a reasonable person for the sake of everyone else graduating that day.

The kid should have taken off the flag, the school should have given him the diploma regardless. Who gives a fuck?

<{walkerwhut}>

Where the hell did you get mowing anybody down? Your twisted fantasies are so far beyond creepy.

yes, I covered that with how to stop this going forward. As far as the reality of the situation went, she held up the ceremony for an awkward amount of time, more people cheered for him than would have otherwise, and now instead of talking about their graduation, it's likely people are asking his classmates about this incident that is getting picked up by national news, all because she was incapable of being a reasonable person for the sake of everyone else graduating that day.

I agree she handled it wrong. Like you said, it should have been made loud and clear what the dress code is and the students should be checked before they even walk on the stage to prevent that kind of situation from happening. The problem is that you are probably going to have a bunch of jackasses trying to pull stunts if the school gets to strict about it.

I guess it is better to just let these clowns act like fools and ignore it.

Not following a dress code can have consequences. Who knew?

That kids a weirdo, he's not graduating in Mexico.

But he still should have got his diploma. He did actually graduate even if he is ungrateful.

He would have probably got more lefty support if he wore a dress.
Liberals love a boy in a dress.

On one hand im thinking, whats the big fucking deal.

On the other, cap and gown is a uniform and youre only ever gonna wear it for these types of ceremonies. Was being a certain ethnicity what got you that achievement?

Probably better to not hint at any possible 'give out' assumptions...

I agree she handled it wrong. Like you said, it should have been made loud and clear what the dress code is and the students should be checked before they even walk on the stage to prevent that kind of situation from happening. The problem is that you are probably going to have a bunch of jackasses trying to pull stunts if the school gets to strict about it.

I guess it is better to just let these clowns act like fools and ignore it.
I saw one of the girls had a decorated cap.. tell students to express themselves through that. But it's a collective event that one has the right to steal the show otherwise. As educators they should be always trying to turn situations into teaching moments and that would be a good one. I think what you proposed is entirely reasonable and would have prevented this.. so would have shaking his hand and telling the next graduating class these things

The story from the poster about everyone handing their principle a beer bottle cap when shaking his hand is gold.. for the cheekiness and for the guy taking it in stride. Should be easy to not make something about yourself on another person's big day

I got reminded of my college graduation.. leaving the arena, getting on an elevator with a throng of people waiting made my way to the back of the elevator like any normal person.. well except the cop who got on before me, didn't go to the back, and then told me he couldn't have me behind him by his service weapon.. Like fucking A, I went through 20+ years of schooling for it to culminate in this ceremony and I'm gonna pull your fucking gun off you in an elevator and do what exactly? Too many people run on momentum and have no ability to think contextually.. like go to the corner where your gun is protected you dumb goof

They would do the same to a kid wearing a Hulk Hogan T-Shirt. The world has rules, and dress codes are one of them. Deal with it.

Not giving his diploma was too far, but the kid was clearly in the wrong.

Why does everyone have to be such a conformist? It's harmless the kid worked hard for the diploma and it likely means something to him

Hand him his fuckin paper and he's off the stage and you don't have the media on your ass

Also he's a kid and kids do absurd things sometimes.
Everyone else was able to follow the rules. If you let him do what he wants they others will also and then you will have everyone looking like a mismatched bunch of teenagers. They put in the hard and got to the end and they should want to respect the ceremony and what it means.

Back