How much do you spend a month on food?

I'm in air conditioning most of the time out there. And they mostly replace beef with pork. The mind boggles.
yea pork might be healthier i dunno. my dad rarely eats or cooks beef but he still eats pork

and air conditioning isnt everywhere, im sweating like a pig when outside for a few minutes when i went to china, the humidity is crazy

For my wife and I we spend about 300$ a month. We live in California but we are getting ready to move to Fayetteville Arkansas cause she got into their Doctorate program so I'm wondering how much my grocery bill will go down since Arkansas is cheaper to live in

I spend 600 a month for my meal preps, that gives me three meals a day 5 days a week. On weekends I eat whatever I want, usually will go out and splurge. 1000-1500 maybe?

During COVID I spent 3500 on door dash in one month though..not my proudest moment.

Single with no kids I get by easily on about $250 a month and a good chunk of that is just liquids like coffee, cokes, bottled water etc. I eat out or get fast food only once or twice a month.

Family of 5 and I spend 700-800 a month on food. We don't eat out much

I have no idea. I've never tried budgeting before.

Probably a couple of grand including food deliveries?

Probably about 400 on groceries and another 400 on take out or eating out.

$700-$800 for 2 people (one of which is an elderly woman who doesn't eat much). This includes groceries and take out

I spend about $25 a week on take out, and the biggest cost driver for my grocery bill is chicken breast (I eat 1kg per day) and coconut water. The latter is surprisingly expensive, and it is the only thing my mother will drink (it helps with her blood pressure). I legitimately spend about $8 per day just on coconut water... and that's when buying in bulk from Costco.

It's actually startling to see just how much food prices have gone up (at least where I live) in the past 2 years. I used to be able to buy 1lbs of skinless/boneless chicken breast for $2.99/lbs. Now it's $5 when it's on sale. Salmon has also doubled in price over that same period.

Prior to Covid, I was dropping WAY more money on food just by virtue of going out. Every Friday/Saturday I would go to dinner with friends, go on dates etc, and that could easily add another $200 to my monthly food bill.

I used to be much more careful with budgeting for food, but I figure I'm at a point in my life where I would rather buy quality than just go for cheap/easy meals. I am lucky enough to be in a position where I can afford to eat well, but when I was in my early 20s, I used to try and eat on a budget of less than $10/day.

Umm about 100 to 150 a week.
So 400-600 a month comfortably for me and the dog

@weed have you been to Xian famous foods

negative. saving to watch later.

is that like where they have goat oriented meals? I've tried it & it's actually not that bad.

Meals are free on board my ship... When I'm home it's Aldi baby! Al-di, all-day! So $200 a month?

negative. saving to watch later.

is that like where they have goat oriented meals? I've tried it & it's actually not that bad.
not sure about goat? but its alot of wide noodles, lamb dishes, they also have this lamb burger thing which is good

there was a spot near my old office in fidi, it wasnt xian famous foods but was something xian

more than I should budget to be honest

couldnt even put a number to it

my usual dinner is a frozen pizza and jug of ice cream. so thats like ~$13 x 30 = 390 + another $200 in snacks and misc junk food.

Maybe around $400, but most of it is good priced Sam's Club stuff.

Single with no kids I get by easily on about $250 a month and a good chunk of that is just liquids like coffee, cokes, bottled water etc. I eat out or get fast food only once or twice a month.
So what the fuck do you actually eat. Drinks are a huge waste of money, I usually don't buy any. I have filter at home for water. Most of my food spending is actual food

Back