How would a prime JDS vs Prime Fedor had gone?

Prime Fedor could take a punch and had great throws. He would've beat a prime JDS. Now it'd be whoever got off first. Unfortunately Fedor has seems to have gotten a lot less accurate with his punches.

I don’t think many people here saw Fedor at his peak. He didn’t rely on his striking at all. His strikes were used solely to set up the clinch and transitions.

Prime JDS knocks him out tbh. Power advantage is on him and has great scrambles too. He's gonna catch him coming in. Cain's strategy and style is the perfect blueprint on how to beat Prime JDS.

What copy/paste Randy Couture and hit/hold him against the cage? Lol

I don’t think many people here saw Fedor at his peak. He didn’t rely on his striking at all. His strikes were used solely to set up the clinch and transitions.

Which is why i dont get people who think JDS catches him coming in. JDS did well when he could keep guys on the outside and when he was going after them. When people could pressure him, he didnt do as well. Likely he'd be overwhelmed with fedor's aggressive striking and clinch/takedown attempts.

JDS wobbles Fedor with an uppercut but Fedor body locks, trips, and submits him.

I'm a Fedor fan but Prime JDS is a nightmare matchup for him

Lol, I can't understand what you're saying on your first reply sorry

Why not? I even bolded what i exactly was replying to. You mentioned cain had a perfect blueprint. The blueprint was to hold/hit JDS against the cage which is a very basic weakness. Just saying JDS wasnt that good really. Certainly not to be compared to a GOAT.

Jds would have had a really good punchers chance.

Fedora ground game is just levels above his though (or it was). Even if he gets knocked down JdS could be in a world of trouble if he follows up and gets in Fedors guard. And Fedor could win on the feet too

Basically JDS would have a solid chance to land a knockout but Fedor would have alot more ways to win

I'm a Fedor fan but Prime JDS is a nightmare matchup for him

I think Fedor matches up well with him. JDS is good when he is the aggressor but doesnt do as well when hes the one playing defense vs an agressive guy who will also be trying to mix in takedowns and clinches

I want to say JDS would easily ko him but prime JDS and past prime cro cop had a competitive fight so who knows.

Ehh, it went to the 3rd round before JDS finished him, but I'd hardly say that fight was competitive. At no point was Cro Cop winning or JDS in trouble.

Prime Fedor has many more ways to win. Plus he moved his head when throwing the overhand which presumably would've take him off the center line as he used it to enter and clinch which should've been the beginning of the end leading to the throw and eventual sub or GnP.

Jesus, now I'm writing MMA fan fic.

I am not a Fedor fan, but I think his wrestling would take JDS down and pound him. JDS relies almost entirely on boxing, and unless Fedor tried to brawl with him, I don't think JDS would beat PRIME Fedor.

Why not? I even bolded what i exactly was replying to. You mentioned cain had a perfect blueprint. The blueprint was to hold/hit JDS against the cage which is a very basic weakness. Just saying JDS wasnt that good really. Certainly not to be compared to a GOAT.

If it's prime JDS' basic weakness, then why did he knocked out everybody he's faced? He knocked out Werdum silly in his UFC debut and sent him packing. That Werdum he KO'd was the Werdum who tapped out Fedor btw. What I'm saying is prime JDS is that good. He fought the top grapplers and KO artist and beat them all to win the belt. It's just that Cain's style and ability along with his new gameplan on their rematch showed the perfect blueprint on how to beat Prime JDS, who I still think beats Prime Fedor.

Well most of us aren't old enough to have rented a DVD from Blockbuster to have watched him fight Minotauro with our training partners.

If it's prime JDS' basic weakness, then why did he knocked out everybody he's faced? He knocked out Werdum silly in his UFC debut and sent him packing. That Werdum he KO'd was the Werdum who tapped out Fedor btw. What I'm saying is prime JDS is that good. He fought the top grapplers and KO artist and beat them all to win the belt. It's just that Cain's style and ability along with his new gameplan on their rematch showed the perfect blueprint on how to beat Prime JDS, who I still think beats Prime Fedor.

He beat a fat out of shape werdum. He never fought anyone at the calibre of Prime Fedor. I just cant take 'the perfect blueprint' excuse seriously. The first legitimate guy he ran into who was also in his prime he went 1-2 against with his win being a flukey punch.

Tell yourself whatever you want. Saying he only fought “cans” shows a clear lack of objectivity.
Who tf said he only fought cans?? Fedor is an ATG but the man got a lot of easy fights in his time, didn’t fight high level competition back to back to back always

He beat a fat out of shape werdum. He never fought anyone at the calibre of Prime Fedor. I just cant take 'the perfect blueprint' excuse seriously. The first legitimate guy he ran into who was also in his prime he went 1-2 against with his win being a flukey punch.

Lol, talking about excuses. What about the Werdum who beat prime Fedor, is he the HW GOAT at that time?

Back