How would a prime JDS vs Prime Fedor had gone?

Its an intriguing matchup
prime for prime i feel its a pick em but I would lean towards Fedor by late sub
A JDS Ko would be my second most probable outcome

Lol, talking about excuses. What about the Werdum who beat Fedor, is he the HW GOAT at that time?

Fight was over too quickly and the fights leading up to Werdum and following Werdum show a decline in Fedor. It was a great win though. Its no doubt that both Werdum and Fedor are higher on the GOAT list than Junior.

Which is why i dont get people who think JDS catches him coming in. JDS did well when he could keep guys on the outside and when he was going after them. When people could pressure him, he didnt do as well. Likely he'd be overwhelmed with fedor's aggressive striking and clinch/takedown attempts.

I think the Werdum match actually helped JDS alot, it created an instant fear factor around him and meant opponents were almost all showing him alot of respect which played into his hands. The first sign of trouble was ironically Mir IMHO who had some sucess backing him up even if he was outmatched and then Cain really exploited his weakness.

Just style wise I think this is a bad match for Jnr, someone like say Mirko in his prime or Nog probably give him more of the openings he likes but Fedor is IMHO the best pressure fighter in HW history, Cain but with superior defence/speed.

Last edited:
Who tf said he only fought cans?? Fedor is an ATG but the man got a lot of easy fights in his time, didn’t fight high level competition back to back to back always

The poster you quoted as “speaking the truth” did.

Well most of us aren't old enough to have rented a DVD from Blockbuster to have watched him fight Minotauro with our training partners.

I paid for those Pride ppv’s.

That was back when this site used to crash from everyone logging in after a big card. Great times.

I paid for those Pride ppv’s.

That was back when this site used to crash from everyone logging in after a big card. Great times.

I was usually working, so if we didn't catch them live, someone usually recorded on video tape.
That was back when fighters actually used to post here.

I was usually working, so if we didn't catch them live, someone usually recorded on video tape.
That was back when fighters actually used to post here.

That was fun.

I always thought Sherdog should’ve protected them better. They let members verbally abuse them and then they just stopped coming.

JDS wins the stand up but gets taken down and submitted or wrestle fucked to a decision win. JDS is good on the ground but not Fedor good.

Back