I don’t think Alex vs Hill happens at 300…

akeller901

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I get a weird feeling that with Hill rushing back from an injury into camp for a PPV two months away results in him re injurying himself. I think we end up with Alex vs Izzy 3. Come back to this if/when it happens but having the 300 main event hanging on the shoulders of Hill doesn’t feel smart

I've been thinking the same thing. This feels like a desperate move by the UFC--their first, second, third, and probably tenth choice for a main event fell through, so they settled on a fighter who tore his achilles 7 months ago.

There's a decent chance Max-Gaethje ends up as the main event, and I suspect the UFC actually knows this.

I get a weird feeling that with Hill rushing back from an injury into camp for a PPV two months away results in him re injurying himself. I think we end up with Alex vs Izzy 3. Come back to this if/when it happens but having the 300 main event hanging on the shoulders of Hill doesn’t feel smart
Izzy is probably secretly training hard, waiting in the wings for an opening

Yup, that way they can promote it as “stepping in on 2 days notice!!!!! what a warrior!!!”, while he’s been training all along.

Also gives Izzy an excuse if he loses.

Yeah, they might try to pitch it like that, but his coach is already on record admitting Adesanya starting training earlier than he should be, and if necessary, they'll be ready for UFC 300. So if they say, "Izzy coming in on short notice," don't believe that shit.

timestamped at 10:57

Imagine when either one fighter pulls out lmaoooo

Yea, not great feeling. Saw Jamahal video saying he's healed and ready to go. Not sure if that was for camera though.

They should have just had Pereira/Izzy 3 anyway, they're 1-1 and both finished each other in title fights, that's a piece of piss to sell.

Alex vs Izzy 3 also think will be more appealing to the fans than Alex vs jamal.

Jamahal did say that the UFC paid him a “bag” to come back so quickly from his injury.

Which is a bit worrying

I think Izzy Poatan 3 is a fight they would've tried to make before Hill, definitely don't think Izzy is up for it. That win over Poatan means more to him than that belt at this point, and he doesn't want to spoil that and the chances of that are big facing him at 205 where Poatan undoubtely will be stronger.

UFC Promo for Izzy vs Alex I: Alex is 2:0 against him in kickboxing
UFC Promo for Izzy vs Alex II: They are 1:1
<45>

It'll happen. It'd be a huge mistake for either one to pull out at this point. It'd kill their image in the UFC's eyes and they'd get phased out. Will it be a great fight with both fighters coming in at 100%? Who knows. But it will happen.

Back