I don't really know Motorhead... Educate Me

OK I'm done, I got through them, I'll be moving on quite swiftly

Not sure where to go next, Metallica, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden... anyone?
If you haven't done Metallica already, that should definitely be your next stop. Maiden is worthy of your time too. In both cases, I would recommend listening to their albums chronologically to understand their evolution. Especially Metallica, so you understand why people's opinions changed about them over the years.

If you haven't done Metallica already, that should definitely be your next stop. Maiden is worthy of your time too. In both cases, I would recommend listening to their albums chronologically to understand their evolution. Especially Metallica, so you understand why people's opinions changed about them over the years.
Cool, Metallica it is then

Is there a certain point I don't need to go beyond?

I wouldn't say that. I think you have to take it all in. Also, I would make sure to include Metallica S&M in your sequence. It's a live album that Metallica recorded with the San Francisco symphony orchestra and Michael Kamen. It's an absolute masterpiece.

Ace of Spades is easily one of the most iconic rock songs of all time, nothing fancy at all...just raw evil and awesome

I dont have a lot of experience with Motorhead but this song I dont think anyone else posted was one that I found when I was younger...

and of course....

I wouldn't say that. I think you have to take it all in. Also, I would make sure to include Metallica S&M in your sequence. It's a live album that Metallica recorded with the San Francisco symphony orchestra and Michael Kamen. It's an absolute masterpiece.
wow that's crazy, definitely will seek that out

And thanks for that, saves me making an Educating Rita thread for them

It depends what you like. Metallica has a range of songs not all of which are too metal. They have some “sellout” albums and songs which grow onto you with time.

My personal favorite Metallica tunes are Motorbreath and Orion (instrumental). Plus classics are of course Four Horsemen, Creeping Death, Battery, Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman, One, Fade to Black, Blackened. These are a must listen.

Pure aggressive thrash from them: Damage Inc, Whiplash, Metal Militia, Fight Fire With Fire, Spit Out the Bone (new).

Ballads: the Unforgiven, the Unforgiven III, Fade to Black, Memory Remains, the Day that Never Comes, Nothing Else Matters

Cheesy metal: Fuel, Aint My Bitch

Slow and heavy: For Whom the Bell Tolls, devils dance, Sad But True

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends what you like. Metallica has a range of songs not all of which are too metal. They have some “sellout” albums and songs which grow onto you with time.

My personal favorite Metallica tunes are Motorbreath and Orion (instrumental). Plus classics are of course Four Horsemen, Creeping Death, Battery, Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman, One, Fade to Black, Blackened. These are a must listen.

Pure aggressive thrash from them: Damage Inc, Whiplash, Metal Militia, Fight Fire With Fire, Spit Out the Bone (new).

Ballads: the Unforgiven, the Unforgiven III, Fade to Black, Memory Remains, the Day that Never Comes, Nothing Else Matters

Cheesy metal: Fuel, Aint My Bitch

Slow and heavy: For Whom the Bell Tolls, devils dance, Sad But True
Thanks for that, gives me a good idea of what to expect

Slow and heavy would be more my thing but I'm give anything a go

Outside of this video

and HHH's walkout songs, this is all I know about Lemmy. I think that's enough to conclude he was a fooking mad lad

HHH is a huge Motorhead fan and became very good friends with Lemmy.

The dude who set this up deserves a fookin medal

The dude who set this up deserves a fookin medal

Holy shit why can't I choose for my tax money to go to the creator of this? Now THAT is a worthwhile cause

goddamn genius

Back