Media Ian Garry guarantees “Leon Edwards absolutely runs through Colby”

Do you agree with Machado?

• Total voters
I think Colby was legitimately the 2nd best WW before but he’s on the wrong side of 30. Guys who are 35 & older in WW title fights always lose. Exception is Woodley twice but 1 fight was vs an even older Maia, & the other 1 was Till. In hindsight, that win over Till doesn’t age well. I predict this is the fight where Colby looks old and past it

colby hasn't even beaten anyone in the top 10

he's famous for losing to kamaru. Are we serious right now. Leon is going to destroy this guy

his best fucking win is an aged undersized RDA ffs. Most overrated fighter on the UFC. Can't wait to see him get KO'd stiff

I have a feeling this fight is gonna look like Chael vs Anderson with Leon getting another 5th round fluke win after being raped for 20+ mins

Reactions: mkt
It depends. Colby has a high-cardio, fast-pace young man's style of fighting. He's now 35 and has had a long layoff. He's also been unusually quiet since Masvidal jumped him. I've wondered if something about that affected him physically or mentally. But if he's like the old Colby, I can see this being close, even a toss-up like someone said. It's mostly about Colby. I expect Leon to be Leon...though maybe he thinks he's a KO artist after finishing Usman. That could be a good or bad thing for him.

colby hasn't even beaten anyone in the top 10

he's famous for losing to kamaru. Are we serious right now. Leon is going to destroy this guy

his best fucking win is an aged undersized RDA ffs. Most overrated fighter on the UFC. Can't wait to see him get KO'd stiff
He came closer to beating Usman than anyone else at the time, including Edwards in his first Usman fight. And Nate freakin' Diaz stunned Edwards and went the distance with him. Unless Colby has suddenly gotten old or had too long of a layoff, there's not much to suggest Edwards is that much better. Who did he beat besides Usman? The Belal fight was cut short due to an NC. He also beat an "aged undersized" RDA and Cerrone, lol.

I'm pretty surprised at these results. Last fight against Usman, Leon won a majority decision. Even though I was 100% sure Leon should win the fight, I was much less certain that the judges would give it to him.

Colby's last fight with Usman was ultra competitive (and he was winning the first one before being finished in the 5th).

Stylistically this isn't an easy fight for Leon. Still a really good chance he gets it done, but I highly doubt he crushes Colby, especially if it goes past the first couple rounds.

Leon doesn't have the style to run through anybody. It'll be competiyive

Nope Colby the Colby that fought usman in the 1st fight

If he brings back those striking skills and tightens up defense he will win

And he don't have to worry about getting taken down

But Colby been out for a while iono how he is

If nobody has ever run thru Covington, how is Edwards gonna be the first?

He got worked by a weak-minded Usman until LuckHeaven, then beat him because weak-minded.

Imagine Edwards against 2019 Lawler. How you think that would go down?

Garry poop.

With herpes.

That train will derail soon enough, watch and see.

He absolutely came out and dominated and beat the ever loving shit out of Nate and dominated Belal in the first round, before the fight was stopped from an eye poke. He also - literally - dominated Usman in the first round of their first fight, took the wrestling to him and was both the aggressor and front runner out of the gate.

Colby is the lesser talented, less proven guy out of Usman and Belal, I see no reason why Leon doesn't comfortably fight his fight without much fuss. Colby poses virtually zero threats here other than attempting to point fight wrestle 3 of 5 rounds. Its possible but unlikely.

He won a few round against Nate, then almost got finished, that's hardly running through him. Losing 3/5 rounds to Usman in their first fight and needing a hail mary finish is not running through him.

Winning comfortably via decision =/= running through someone. Leon does not have to style or attributes to run through his opponents. He doesn't have overwhelming power or takedown ability.

What Chimaev has done to everyone but Gilbert is "running through" someone.

Leon 50-45. Colby is overrated and he didn't look that good against Jorge a year and a half ago.

Colby walks through Garry. Against Leon I don't know. I have to see one round of the fight. Colby can keep a pace up for 5 rounds. If Leon cannot defend the takedown then Colby will win.

if Colby wins ( I hope not ) , dont think he will ever defend the belt. he will claim he is the best figher and shit like this

Colby has been rocked in 3 of his last 4 fights vs. A washed Masvidal and Usman. Both of whom are worse strikers than Leon.

if Colby wins ( I hope not ) , dont think he will ever defend the belt. he will claim he is the best figher and shit like this

I dont get this. He's already lost to Usmand twice.

This isn't McGregor.

I dont get this. He's already lost to Usmand twice.

This isn't McGregor.
yes, he did fight Usman to get the belt from him , it was not Colby's belt.
considering his in-activity , I think he will never defend , thats just my opinion

Back