If these fighters retired, I'd stop watching UFC for good

SouthpawSouthernFist

experiment gone bad
Banned
Reaction score
... or at least until a new exciting phenomenon resurrected the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

What retirements would kill the sport for you?

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg

Sports are a young man's endeavor... there's always going to be retirements and turn around.

I think TS is just indicative of the younger generation, I've heard kids are more fans of specific players(or fighters in this case) than they are of teams.

It's a sad thing when somebody is a fan of fighters instead of the sport.

It says a lot about the person.

Almost stopped watching when Artem Lobov left the UFC.

there will be replacements

that russian hw
khamzat has many years left
maybe paddy
jiri is practically brand new
figgy is always fun
fizev might step it up later

it'll go on and on, these fighters are replaceable, and even as a self proclaimed casual, there will be times of lul and times of excitement. Same can be said about boxing, and that's been around forever.

No fighter leaving would make me stop watching. I have been watching since 1995, have seen many fav fighters come and go, but have always found others to root for. Only athlete to retire and I never watched the sport again, was Michael Jordan. I can live without basketball, but I need my MMA!

so would you stop watching UFC or MMA entirely? or is that one in the same for you?

Answer: I love MMA and will watch until I die. Having favorite fighters is just a bonus. Until they get old and lose horrifically and it becomes sad.

Imagine all of your favorite fighters not being old as dust or retired years ago

Hendo was the last guy that I really rooted for hard. Never missed a fight. Now I still watch when I can, but I typically don't really care who wins. Just looking for a good fight.

I am becoming a fan of Jiri though, that guy is electric to watch. He has that old school reckless style that I love.

To answer the question, I don't think I'll ever completely stop watching. I just watch less than I used to.

None. I love MMA and it's fun to see the up and comers perform and work their way up.

I stopped watching after UFC 2. It’s been all downhill since then.

can somebody give me a quick update on what has happened since?
Better Twitter posts = main event fights for the most part

Back