Is Marlon Moraes' fall the biggest ever?

He just got TKO's again this weekend. He went from looking like an absolute killer, to being tko'd in 8/9 with the only win being a close split decision. Hard to believe he did this to the champ.
tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Is it a purely a case of "his chin getting cracked", or did he change camps? Cejudo took his soul? Had something happen in his personal life? Anyone know a little about him? I've never seen anyone fall this bad, the only one who compares is Bigfoot.

View attachment 986733
Chuck’s fall was fast and brutal.

It's probably BJ or Anderson. They just lost the magic out of nowhere. Maybe Weidman too. For Anderson and Weidman, it is understandable due to the damage they took in their fights.

He just got TKO's again this weekend. He went from looking like an absolute killer, to being tko'd in 8/9 with the only win being a close split decision. Hard to believe he did this to the champ.
tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Is it a purely a case of "his chin getting cracked", or did he change camps? Cejudo took his soul? Had something happen in his personal life? Anyone know a little about him? I've never seen anyone fall this bad, the only one who compares is Bigfoot.

View attachment 986733

Butt he ktfo the actor. MARLON BLESS.

Chris Weidman is my #1. He was undefeated, an icon in the eyes of American fans, they loved him like no other. He defeated one of the greatest fighters of all-time and ended his run.

…but then there was an announcement on June 3rd 2015 that changed his life. He’s been an absolute bum since then. He went from being somebody that was heralded as a future all-time great to somebody that shouldn’t even be on a UFC roster.

It's fascinating he did a cartwheel or some silly kick and got gnp into oblivion. He's never recovered..!

Penn's is worse for me.

Marlon was still showing his skills and doing well in fights "until he lost" because of his chin... but Penn... just couldn't hang at all anymore.

Guys have mentioned Ferguson and Woodley too, similar to Penn, it wasn't a case of their chins fading, etc. However, they were still fighting high ranked guys.

Chris Weidman. Dude fell out of cliff suddenly when USADA came through. I'm expecting him to get brutally KOd by Tavares before ending his sad career.

It's sad his only win is Aldo and imo that was a legit win for Marlon.
But let's be honest.
Anderson Silva's fall was worst. From the Baddest man on they planet. Could be LHW champ but his friend (Machida) was champ. Challenging HW to fights.
To a what 8 or 9 loss streak out the door. And he last to Brunson. Clear as day imo.
He took the biggest fall from grace. His legacy cushioned his fall.

No i wont say its the biggest fall,since Moraes was never the champion,altho he got close.

I am sad that it turned out that way for him because when he was on,he was a thrilling exciting violent fuckin fighter.

Renen Barao was the UFC BW Champ at 32-1 and IIRC was #2 P4P behind JBJ, had 3 title defenses as Interim/Undisputed because Cruz was plagued by injuries. Fought TJ Dillashaw who was a +550 dog, Barao was thoroughly outclassed after being rocked early and finally stopped in the 5th round. Renen rebounded with a win and hematched TJ, again being stopped in the championship rounds. Barao then bounced between BW, FW and CW, going from being the BW Champ and P4P top 3 fighter to going 2-7, missing weight several times and being cut by the UFC.
This is the answer that came to me immediately. Thanks for breaking it down so clearly!

Not even the largest in BW history that'd be Barao. People were making arguments Barao was the number 2 or 3 P4P fighter when he fell off and he was approaching MM levels of reverance. Barao was also much younger when he fell off. 35 might not be old for the upper weight classes but for 125/135 its up there.

Moraes was in a stacked division and it became stacked right around the time Moraes was on top. Not that it isn't a bad falloff(he's still losing in PFL) but he was always going to have to run the gauntlet of tough opponents. Being ranked high in a stacked division is almost like being champ without the belt. After losing to Henry he went Aldo, Sandhagen, Font, Merab.

Back