Is there any pop/rock band u respect morr than The Beatles

Nope. As far as pop music goes, the Beatles were in a league of their own. Mainly because what they were playing was not considered pop back then. It was different from the popular music of the day.

All of the best “pop” bands are the ones who play stuff that isn’t exactly pop at the time, but are able to make it digestible for the casual music fan so that people, who typically only listen to pop, get into it anyway despite it being divergent from the sound of what they’re used to. And to do that, they have to be undeniably good songwriters.

And if so explain why that band u feel is worthy of greater respect than The Beatles
Although there bands are like Fleetwood Mac that I respect much as the Beatles I can't say there are ones I respect more.

Though I do like a lot of their songs I do think they are overrated.

96eeebaac593a79f8057b02cad37e704.jpg

Reason: Never quoted as an influence by Noel Gallagher.

They were great songwriters, great innovators, decent musicians in general, and had brilliant production values for the time(Martin/Emerick/etc).

That said, there have been many great musicians who have progressed the art form. And I don't necessarily place the Beatles on a pedestal above the others.

Beatles are the greatest. Kudos to the Byrds, the Beach Boys and some of the early California folk rock that influenced them as they evolved to become what they are. They ended up influencing just about everyone.

I'll take my Dave Clark Five, thank you very much.

I'll take Prince over The Beatles any day if we're talking pop music. The guy was crazy talented, his catalogue is full of variety yet it's all beautiful, didn't steal much from others and no Japanese weirdo told him what to do. I always liked George Harrison, he's a cool lad.

Back