Is there any pop/rock band u respect morr than The Beatles

There are individual songs that I like more than any Beatles songs, but no band can surpass them on output. They've wrote more good songs than any other super successful mainstream band.

I would argue Queen took far greater musical risks than the Beatles. That's not really a knock at the Beatles, they did change up their game over time but it was all thought out and generally aligned with the interests of their fans. Queen dropped disco bombs on you when you weren't looking. They did not give a single fuck.

Like some Beetles and no doubt they have a far reaching influence.

That said the band or artist I have always been most fascinated and in tune with is Marilyn Manson...

Been to over 60 shows and met the man on several occasions. 2019 I followed Manson or Slipknot around through about a dozen dates here and there.

They don’t necessarily speak to me in a way that resonates the strongest, but it’s crazy to put on one of their albums every once in a blue moon. I can see why they are considered in a class of their own.

I actually threw on Revolver a few days ago and was pretty floored. I mean, I remembered it as being good, but you forget how good. And they have so many albums of similar quality it’s just insane.

96eeebaac593a79f8057b02cad37e704.jpg

Hey hey...

There are individual songs that I like more than any Beatles songs, but no band can surpass them on output. They've wrote more good songs than any other super successful mainstream band.

A significant issue I'd say is that the Beatles had three very creative people involved and there work generally was done quite separately, there was input between them but John, Paul and George tended to come up with their own tracks much of the time where as a lot of the big collaborative bands like Zep, Floyd, The Stones, etc it was more working together on the same track. That meant the Beatles output was really more equivalent to three bands/artists.

My favorite Beatles track...

The Beetles image, lifestyle and music played a huge role in setting this country on the path to destruction that it is on at this very moment so I have zero respect for them, I hate them really

<[analyzed}>

I prefer the Stones. Their music aged better than any band from that era imo. Rocked harder and still going. Plus the only Beatles I like are Paul and George. John's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and Ringo is a can.

I would argue Queen took far greater musical risks than the Beatles. That's not really a knock at the Beatles, they did change up their game over time but it was all thought out and generally aligned with the interests of their fans. Queen dropped disco bombs on you when you weren't looking. They did not give a single fuck.

The Beatles were ahead of their fans, and the curve in general, IMO.

For example, I doubt any of their fans were clamoring for, or even aware of the existence, of songs like Eleanor Rigby, Tomorrow Never Knows, or Within You. And those are just 3 songs off of Revolver. Let alone songs that would’ve been as esoteric as Strawberry Fields Forever, Happiness is a Warm Gun, or Revolution 9. Or even a proto-metal song like Helter Skelter. Songs like these simply didn’t exist before the Beatles recorded them.

I believe John used to lock up 12 year old groupies and rape them, that was until his first wife found out and then he beat her to death. The man who killed John was a police officer wanting to interview him about missing underage girls, but John pulled a gun on him so the policeman had no choice but to fire back and shoot him. He was charged with murder because Yoko blew Nixon.

Stones & Pink Floyd for sure. Just my opinion, not really in the mood to explain why

if those two groups count as pop rock then i could make an argument for TONS of bands being way better than the beatles frankly and not just because of taste. i mean pink floyd are even better song writers than the beatles just based on skill level (which i do not take into account when deciding if a band is great or not).

I do have a huge amount of respect for Angus Young if only for this:
“I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.”

I prefer the Stones. Their music aged better than any band from that era imo. Rocked harder and still going. Plus the only Beatles I like are Paul and George. John's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and Ringo is a can.

Not only was it cooler to be one of The Rolling Stones than a Beatle, statistically speaking, it was much safer.

I do have a huge amount of respect for Angus Young if only for this:
“I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.”

Not only was it cooler to be one of The Rolling Stones than a Beatle, statistically speaking, it was much safer.

i dont get the obsession with needing a band to make albums of different styles. its weird and disingenuous i think. i like bands that pick instruments that are beautiful and then make beautiful music with them.

People should place them very high, top 3 for sure as far as being influential alone. I don't think people understand just how many artists and bands have drawn inspiration from them. Artists from pretty much every genre of music spanning several decades. They were the total package. Most bands are lucky to have 1 single talented writer. Every band member wrote at least 1 hit and they all certainly wrote their distinct, memorable songs. They all also played multiple instruments, sometimes covering for each in sessions.

As a unit, i find it difficult to place groups above them for sheer talent let alone influence.

The funny thing is, many of these other bands mentioned as being better then the Beatles were themselves influenced by the Beatles.

Last edited:
Back