• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
You have got to be kidding.

The whole “enforced monogamy” theory about violent incel attacks to begin with.

And then there’s his thoughts on the birth control pill

And makeup

And his comments about female leadership.

and lots of other stuff like this:

It’s all a bunch of junk science for dipshits.

Peterson is clearly unwell.

Dude starts crying when being called a hero to incels.

Mental health issues aside, this is just pathetic.

Well, look at you, the big free thinker, just hanging off his every word.

Sorry, but the idea that women’s sexual freedom is responsible for violent incel attacks just isn’t supported by scientific research.

Peterson is just trying to duck blame for being part of the corrosive political ideology that is leading to their radicalization.

It’s all junk science, just like his lobster theory.

Notice the dorks all bailed the moment evidence was brought forth. LMAO @giusti825 @HereticBD @Bob Gray

Seems you've lost all motivation to support your incel overlord.

That's not what he said. He describes socially-encouraged faithful monogamy as a cultural norm. It has never involved forcing women to date people they don't like. In scientific publications terms are often used in ways that are counter-intuitive to how lay people understand them because they have consensus definitions in the field. I'm not surprised you're not familiar with the concept even though you love virtue signalling about #The Science. Posers gonna poser.

The funny thing is that you can make plenty of well-reasoned arguments against his stance. Rogan himself made plenty of good arguments against what Peterson is saying here. Somehow you can't make a basic argument like Rogan does and all you can do is misrepresent what Peterson said and attack a strawman. Garbage-dump posting quality seems par for the course with the irrational Peterson haters though.

Peterson’s views on monogamy don’t align with mainstream psychology though. There’s not much that he’s saying that’s supported by real research, so there’s no reason for any actual researchers to engage with him. This stuff is going nowhere.

And nobody is going to convince his fans that binging on this nonsense is unhealthy for them, so he’s stuck in this pattern where he needs to say even more controversial shit to get the same level of attention he got before.

Dude was so hooked on bentos that apparently he had to travel to Russia and be put into a coma for almost two weeks.

That’s a creative solution, but it might be an indication that he’s not the person to be telling Lizzie to stop eating pancakes.

Not defending Peterson here but Lizzo may want to explore the extreme option if it’s effective. I don’t do pills but aren’t Benzos anti anxiety drugs? Pretty sure those are cardiovascular killers (specially when mixed with alcohol) so they might have more in common than we are considering here.

Not defending Peterson here but Lizzo may want to explore the extreme option if it’s effective. I don’t do pills but aren’t Benzos anti anxiety drugs? Pretty sure those are cardiovascular killers (specially when mixed with alcohol) so they might have more in common than we are considering here.
Yeah, they depress the central nervous system, and end up messing with your heart rate. Can also cause cognitive decline.

He’s kind of a perpetual douchebag but if we are talking about hurt feelings then fuck off.
Morbid obesity isn’t a healthy lifestyle choice and we all pay more for insurance on the basis of people that eat garbage and live a sedimentary life.

<45>

<4>

What "lies"? He says something, then clarifies it further and you think the clarification is "lies". Based on....something.

You truly believe he thinks women should forced to have sex with "incels"? That's just ridiculous. But its also one of the biggest problems with modern super progressives. You don't actually care about what's true or accurate. You don't care what JP actually believes, you care more about how badly you can interpret what he thinks, even if it's preposterously inaccurate.

I doubt there many if any people around here who have been exposed to as much Peterson material as I have, I used to be a big fan. I had all his lectures on my phone and listened to them on my commutes.

Despite my liberal leaning, I never had a problem with his interactions with liberals. He was always rational and chose his words consistently and logically. I didn't spend too much time looking at his politics because I didn't care, and even when I saw complaints about his messaging I always gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Those days are over. From C16 on he realized how much money was to be made creating content for the anti SJW algorithm, he even bragged that he'd monetized social justice warriors. Do you know why he left YouTube? He was protesting the banning of Carl Benjamin and was going to try to create his own "free speech" platform with Dave Rubin.

I doubt any of us has any idea what he actually thinks, but I do think he's in it for the money. Nobody taking a critical look at these past five years of so can fail to see it, and apparently he has a questionable history going back decades.

Breaks my heart, really. A Harvard educated professor with a history in Montreal who for years preached a common sense message of personal responsibility, I loved his calm approach when dealing with liberal protestors.

Peterson is very careful with his vocabulary so defending him on technicalities isn't very compelling, judge him by his actions not his words. He aligned himself with anti-feminists years ago and I didn't think much of it, I just steered clear of the people his algorithm recommended.

Are you still defending Matt Walsh?

Will you defend Carl Benjamin? Stefan Molyneux? Dave Rubin?

Must be a Magic the Gathering tournament going on or something

Not going to lie, I took that game pretty seriously for a long time and made a lot of money selling my cards.

Shame Hasbro got greedy and made it impossible to play competitively and make money.

You have got to be kidding.

The whole “enforced monogamy” theory about violent incel attacks to begin with.

And then there’s his thoughts on the birth control pill

And makeup

And his comments about female leadership.

and lots of other stuff like this:

It’s all a bunch of junk science for dipshits.

I took a quick look at the videos and whatnot. The first one appears to be about Trump. The 2nd one is just him responding to something the manosphere said. He reframes their qualm into what he thinks is rooted in something deeper. With regard to the quote about female leadership, I am not sure what you find misogynistic about it. Acknowledging gender differences in personality (some of it being sexually selected) isn't being a misogynist. My own sisters would agree with Peterson's response. We have had similar conversations about that topic.

Some of you apply a rather 1st year urban feminist's perspective about what it means to be a misogynist. Maybe you can be more specific.

Notice the dorks all bailed the moment evidence was brought forth. LMAO @giusti825 @HereticBD @Bob Gray

No idea what you're talking about......I have no overlord....... Not sure why I was tagged in this.....

I hate both major parties equally....... They both suck and are bought off..... The"rivalry" is a sham.......

No matter who is elected from the two major parties, the result will be the same...... They are bought by the same people.....

I'm a third party voter...... Or if I hate all the third party candidates, I'm a non voter

Last edited:

The guy I've called a hack who can't speak clearly or even follow his own advice?

Yes, yes, he is my overlord.

Maybe get off the internet for a while, champ. I see you can't even tag your perceived enemies correctly, due to your hysteria. Pretty sad, bruh.

This girl isn't talking about Peterson, but instead Michio, but I think everything she says about Michio for the next couple minutes from the time stamp explains my feels about Peterson perfectly.

The guy I've called a hack who can't speak clearly or even follow his own advice?

Yes, yes, he is my overlord.

Maybe get off the internet for a while, champ. I see you can't even tag your perceived enemies correctly, due to your hysteria. Pretty sad, bruh.
{<BJPeen}
Keep crying landlocked baby. You cry about not providing evidence then the receipts are delivered and you resort to personal attacks. Sad really.

In scientific publications terms are often used in ways that are counter-intuitive to how lay people understand them because they have consensus definitions in the field.
You mean like the term vaccine no longer having anything to do with inoculation via cowpox? Good point.

Back