Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
There’s something wrong with everyone. Some just make it more obvious.

I wish we had a group of online warriors who would concentrated on the hashtag #THICC in all of social media and would publicly attack all fat bitches who misuse this word.

There is a very very fine and thin line between thicc and fat and most of these bitches have crossed this line many many pounds ago but you still find them using this hashtag and I hate every single one of them!
you just need more authoritarian tolerance to change that.

I’ve noticed since starting Twitter than anyone who I’ve followed before Twitter will be less pleasant than the other medium I knew them on. Short responses encourage snarkiness and there’s also a lot of pile ons to boot. What’s worse is some of these people I definitely wouldn’t have expected it from. I never understood when I’d hear a pundit say “I’m taking a break from Twitter” but see it now. Makes people in jerks on a routine basis and in the rare instance they stay above it, there will be a constant on slaught of jerks coming at them.

Twitter has been a toxic place for many years. It's not a coincidence the whole "cancel culture" thing started there.

Well, back from my Magic tournament so I can respond.

First of all, the "enforced monogamy" thing has already been addressed. It’s an academic term and if you think he was being misogynistic, or that he was implying that women should be forced into sexual relationships, you dont know what the term means.
“Enforced monogamy” is something that Peterson brought up as the solution for incel attacks, and all his leg-humpers latched on to his excuse that “it’s socially enforced monogamy and not the state forcing women to open their legs for lonely incelibate men”…

It’s not much better in that case either. Women have fundamental human rights to choose their own relationships, and society ought to respect those rights as being valid and important.
On that note, I think we also need to establish what misogynism means. It doesnt mean Peterson has an opinion about women that you dont agree with. It doesnt mean he says something that might be politically incorrect. It doesnt mean that he says something that you personally might argue is sexist. It means he says something that demonstrates an intense dislike or hatred for women as a group. For that reason, Im going to ignore most of what you presented because they have nothing to do with that. Any thing to do with Lobsters or incels or what you might say is junk science has zero bearing on my point. You can argue that every single thing that Peterson has said is factually wrong and, even if you were correct, you still wouldnt contradict my point. So let’s stay on topic here. I notice lot of time that if you defend something Peterson says, detractors will throw a million things at you and if you cant defend every one of them then you're WRONG.
Peterson literally writes stuff like “femininity is chaos” and “masculinity is under assault” and you and his fellow SuperFans will waste tons and tons of space arguing about how he’s so “complex” and “misunderstood” instead of just admitting that he appeals to blatant misogyny in order to sell pop science to lonely young men.

The main issue here is that Peterson fed into the incel mythology that it’s women who are responsible for the violence, not the toxic incel subculture that he directly panders to. And yes, there’s misogyny built-in to that statement.

I have to guess as to what your arguments are because you dont present any. You just give a big info dump of others peoples arguments and then drop the mic and walk off like you proved something.
You’re literally swooning over Jordan Peterson in this thread, using his words and ideas. So maybe stones and glass houses apply here.

The idea that “enforced monogamy” is an academic term and that people were misrepresenting what he was saying came from a blog entry from Peterson himself. In fact, he stole the entire defense from “antiquark2” a moderator on the r/JordanPeterson subreddit.

Actual researchers in the field of psychology also pointed out that socially-enforced monogamy isn’t as common as Peterson thinks in mammals, and that monogamy rates in modern society are still quite high. And men happen to be more interested in open relationships than women.

So the idea that the whole “trust me, it’s academic” argument settles the matter is just comical.

The first two videos I dont even know what you're claiming is misogynist. The first one hes talking the polarization of the two parties. But I guess you only meant the latter vid in the post. The poster says hes arguing that birth control led to the destruction of western civilization If this was not a strong enough indication that the poster was an idiot or just completely dishonest, I have no idea what to say. I honestly dont think you watched either vid because neither one of them do anything to argue that Peterson has said anything misogynist. Again, I can only guess as to what you're actual argument is because you present none. Theres nothing about the breakdown of western civilization. WTF? It does mention the breakdown of the institution of marriage. Nor is there anything about women being "robbed" of motherhood (the poster is using quotes for a term Peterson never actually says, further demonstrating the blatant dishonesty). I think youve been duped by a someone using sensational hyperbole.
Wow, that’s quite a bit of word salad.

Peterson says that the birth control pill has led to the sexual liberation of women and that it led to certain “alpha” men getting all the women. Again, he’s placing the blame at the feet of women for making a choice and not the men who are unable to attract the women that they think they deserve.

You post something about makeup and then link a 9 minute video without context. What is your argument?
Jordan Peterson says that women who complain about sexual harassment are hypocrites if they wear makeup. Textbook misogyny.
As far as whatever it is youre trying to present about leadership, again you just present an entire article without and context or argument. What did he say that you are presenting as misogynism?
“The hyper-productivity of a minority characterizes every domain where there’s creative production. And almost all of the hyper-productive people are men.” lol, nothing misogynistic there.

As for "brutal male domination", of course its a snippet of a greater conversation without context. I remember him bringing it up and he was surmising on why feminists dont focus on fixing areas where there actually is such brutal male patriarchies, like the middle east. He said, as a psychologist, hes interested in what the psychosis of that hypocrisy is and where it comes from. He said the unconscious often desires the opposite of what you seek consciously. Feel free to disagree with it, but it isnt mysogynist. If you want greater context, youll have to spend more than 15 seconds on it:

The fact that you thought that this point is somehow correct or illuminating is illustrative of why Peterson appeals to people like you.

Women have been fighting for civil rights, like to wear or not wear the hijab in both the US and in Muslim countries worldwide. The idea that women’s rights activists don’t pay attention to Muslim countries is just an invention of Jordan Peterson’s mind and is not supported by facts.

To sum it up, you either dont present an argument, dont understand the argument being made (like thinking Enforced monogamy means something that it doesnt), or you're posting something that has nothing to do with the point.
I think my big mistake here was over-estimating the intelligence of my audience. To lobster fans, his statements that are obviously anti-women are just too complex for non-Peterson fans to understand, and definitely aren’t sexist, all because Jordan Peterson says so. Meanwhile, the guy just keeps saying and doing embarrassing shit and everyone is just supposed to ignore that, because he is supposedly some sort of misunderstood genius. He’s really just a toxic buffoon, and yes, a misogynist too.

He would have lived a happier life if he didn't become famous. The fame is destroying him one tweet at a time.

Remove the face paint and she'd be even uglier.

Why are people making such a big deal that Jordan Petersen thinks this hippo isn't beautiful?

Thats not why people are making a big deal about it and you probably know that.

He's a former intellectual drug addict that changed his drug from benzos to twitter and its quite pathetic.

Thats not why people are making a big deal about it and you probably know that.

He's a former intellectual drug addict that changed his drug from benzos to twitter and its quite pathetic.

That still does not explain why anyone is making a big deal about it.

That still does not explain why anyone is making a big deal about it.
He put himself into the public eye then shat all over it. [Edit:] But hey, the $80K a month he was making on Patreon are no doubt coming in handy now.

Last edited:
One of Petersons rules for life is be precise in your speech and yet he uses many , many more words than are necessary every time I attempt to listen to him .

It drives me nuts , I don't know how anyone can listen to him prattle on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back