Is Volk a modern day Sean Sherk in the right weight class?

Sherk was similar in stature to Volk but Sherk fought at 170.

In the modern era of MMA Sherk would be a 135-145er and at 135/145 Sherk would resemble Volk. Volk has more diverse striking but Sherk has better wrestling/endurance and Sherk is probably stronger and bigger.

Do you see any comparisons between Sherk/Volk?
Honestly other than build, I don't see many similarities. Volk isn't quite the wrestler that Sherk was and was not as muscle bound, but he is more well rounded and dynamic in my opinion.

he doesn't though, and if he did it would be his striking and that in itself is very basic but that's not a bad thing. Nothing else really stands out.

It's his IQ, ability to adjust and toughness that really stands out.

You are saying stuff when simply sense checked vs the calibre of opponents Volk has faced, what they are good at, and how Volk beat them... makes zero sense.
It makes the opposite of sense. you have to be trolling

Max regarded as one of the best strikers in the division, in the sport even. Completely out skilled by Volk
Even rewind back to Aldo, Aldo a striking menace. Leg kicked and out maneuvered by Volk.

And to think this is when if you're a MMA fan your youtube recommends will be filled technical breakdowns of Volks striking brilliance all the little things he did to set up that end sequence... yet sherdog is like "his striking is very basic"

never change sherdog.

You are saying stuff when simply sense checked vs the calibre of opponents Volk has faced, what they are good at, and how Volk beat them... makes zero sense.

Max regarded as one of the best strikers in the division, in the sport even. Completely out skilled by Volk
Even rewind back to Aldo, Aldo a striking menace. Leg kicked and out maneuvered by Volk.

And to think this is when if you're a MMA fan your youtube recommends will be filled technical breakdowns of Volks striking brilliance all the little things he did to set up that end sequence... yet sherdog is like "his striking is very basic"

never change sherdog.
You think Sherk would struggle much with Holloway? Sherk beat Diaz at 170. Holloway doesn't have elite TDD. I would pick sherk 8/10 times to maul holloway

You think Sherk would struggle much with Holloway? Sherk beat Diaz at 170. Holloway doesn't have elite TDD. I would pick sherk 8/10 times to maul holloway

Sherk "beat" Diaz by spamming punches rather than outwrestle him.

Of course Max outclasses him, specially at 145

Sherk would also be a different fighter today MMA knowledge has increased.

Sherk came from the old school and was still relevant in modern MMA.

Maybe although Sherk was not exactly from the dark ages.

Again I think his lack of finishing ability would count against him today were winning via control on the ground has become much harder. The era Sherk fought in I think be benefited a lot from facing fighters who were used to fighting from their backs even though the US judging system was massively against that.

If theres a modern day Sean Sherk in MMA its Merab very similar fighters

Sherk "beat" Diaz by spamming punches rather than outwrestle him.

Of course Max outclasses him, specially at 145
You think max Holloway can stop sherk taking him down and holding him down?

Maybe although Sherk was not exactly from the dark ages.

Again I think his lack of finishing ability would count against him today were winning via control on the ground has become much harder. The era Sherk fought in I think be benefited a lot from facing fighters who were used to fighting from their backs even though the US judging system was massively against that.
Sherk today would have a better top submission game and leg kicks

Yet he is smaller and weaker than Sherk. Sherk is Volk in sayan mode

What other features make when stand out? He was a freak of nature

You really think he is weaker bro? Volk throws crazy amounts of weight around for his mini size.

never change sherdog.
Doesn't excel anywhere, very very well rounded. You're interpreting as a I'm demeaning his skills. His striking is basic, basic isn't bad. But your brain is interpreting everything as negative.

You seriously think Volk is stronger than Sherk?

Stronger as in raw strength or throw around people Strength? Volk is more explosive and would probably land more takedowns than Sherk. I love Sherk man but Volk is a different guy. That said, who knows, Sherk was a jacked dude, and only needed to land a clean shot.

I see what Volkanovski is doing and has done, and I think of GSP. I think you pulled Sherk’s name out of your ass tbh.

Sean did get some looks.
20090522090728_320.jpg

Stronger as in raw strength or throw around people Strength? Volk is more explosive and would probably land more takedowns than Sherk. I love Sherk man but Volk is a different guy. That said, who knows, Sherk was a jacked dude, and only needed to land a clean shot.

Volk is not more explosive than sherk? I've never seen Volk use dynamic double legs. Sherk is in another league athletically than volk

You think max Holloway can stop sherk taking him down and holding him down?

Yes of course. Max stopped 14 TDs from Frankie Edgar, who had been 1-1 in TDs vs Sherk.
I think you need to get a clue or get another hobby, honestly.

Maybe a 175lbs with 5% body fat Sherk at LW-WW could give Max some problems by pure juiced physicality. Even then, would not be favoured.
If Sherk had to shed muscle to make 145, he would just get outclassed by Max.

Doesn't excel anywhere, very very well rounded. You're interpreting as a I'm demeaning his skills. His striking is basic, basic isn't bad. But your brain is interpreting everything as negative.

Volk's striking is not basic at all. It's full of nuances and extremely adaptable.
Unless you understand basic as opposite to "flashy" and "explosive", involving flying knees or reverse elbows, which would be classic sherBRO logic and pretty sad for a 10 years long / thousands posts in a mma forum.

Another troll thread. Shocked.
Sherk vs Volk
steroids./ no steroids.
short arms./ normal length arms.
wrestler./ complete submission grappler.
mediocre mma boxing./ excellent mma boxing.
no kicks./ kicks.
beaten by GOATs./ Is a GOAT.
oh. they're the same height. right.
but volk has less submissions than sherk

Back