Islam Makhachev reacts to UFC ranking Jon Jones as the No. 1 p4p. "This is bullsh****

Jones completed and won a second belt. He’s been undefeated for many years.

iskam has 2 ranked wins. It’s a no brainer. Jones outclasses him in p4p lol
Except this is a pound-for-pound rankings, not a GOAT rankings. It's your recent resume that matters, and Makhachev beat two guys who were at the time in the top 3 pound-for-pound rankings. Jones has one win in 3 years against a guy who wasn't even ranked in the pound-for-pound.

Makhachev should definitely be above Jones in my opinion.

Yeah but he was exonerated as the substance he failed for wasn't a banned substance previously.

Not quite the same as a career cheat who apparently "pulsed" many years after he originally popped.

Try harder
Fixed that for you...
Not really the definition but I understand the point. P4P is supposed to mean if everyone was the same weight and their skills translated to that weight, who would win. I'm just saying it's a silly, theoretical discussion like kids have. Who would win in a fight, Batman or Spiderman? lol
Not for nothing, but Spiderman
spider_man_vs__batman_by_matiassoto_by_edcom02_da34cnq-pre.jpg

Makhachev has 1 really good win and that's Oliveira. Well Volk too but that was a super close fight and you can't really get p4p fighting a guy from a smaller weight class. Only guy in the top 5 he has beaten is Oliveira, only defense was a really close fight against a 145lber... Is that really p4p #1 worthy stuff?
Volkanovski at lightweight is still an insanely good fighter. He literally proved it against Makhachev. Him being disregarded as someone not worthy of being a top 5 win in the pound-for-pound rankings just because the fight was held at lightweight seems very unfair.

I honestly think Makhachev's win over Volkanovski is a better win than his win over Oliveira, considering that I believe Volkanovski is clearly a better fighter than Oliveira and would beat him quite handily.

Volkanovski at lightweight is still an insanely good fighter. He literally proved it against Makhachev. Him being disregarded as someone not worthy of being a top 5 win in the pound-for-pound rankings just because the fight was held at lightweight seems very unfair.

I honestly think Makhachev's win over Volkanovski is a better win than his win over Oliveira, considering that I believe Volkanovski is clearly a better fighter than Oliveira and would beat him quite handily.

I honestly don't think he would....Islam beat him the striking and Oliveira is way more diverse and dangerous.

Not really the definition but I understand the point. P4P is supposed to mean if everyone was the same weight and their skills translated to that weight, who would win. I'm just saying it's a silly, theoretical discussion like kids have. Who would win in a fight, Batman or Spiderman? lol

Except it stops becoming hypothetical when they actually go and try and fight at different weights.

Jon gained 43lbs and had one of his most dominant performances ever. His skills literally were proven to transcend weight classes.

Jones is #1 if PEDs are irrelevant to you. I can't see how Islam is higher than Leon as of now, considering Leon beat twice in a row the #1 P4P at the time.

So, by his logic JBJ, who was the LHW champ for 9 years with 13 title defenses and who moved up to HW and won the HW Belt can not be P4P because he got the title in an title eliminator against Gane BUT he himself, who as well won the belt from an title eliminator (Charles was not champ) and then defended the belt exactly 1x against a FW, deserves to be P4P?

Guys, in all honesty, you don't need to be a hater to understand that he is just talking out of his ass and it stinks + the fact that DC is mostly agreeing with him is another reason why I cannot take Cormier serious...

I don't think Islam is a thinker

Except it stops becoming hypothetical when they actually go and try and fight at different weights.

Jon gained 43lbs and had one of his most dominant performances ever. His skills literally were proven to transcend weight classes.

I'm a big fan of Jon Jones, the fighter, but I don't generally even get into GOAT arguments because it's just too subjective. Styles matter too. Gane ended up being tailor made for Jones. The overall skill level at HW has always been less than the lower weight classes.

I agree that moving up is impressive but that's a real legacy for a fighter, not something made up. I always felt there was a reason Khabib killed himself to cut to LW. He never wanted to test himself against WWs.

I get that people like to discuss these things. I'm just surprised that fighters would care that much about hypotheticals like that but apparently they do.

So, by his logic JBJ, who was the LHW champ for 9 years with 13 title defenses and who moved up to HW and won the HW Belt can not be P4P because he got the title in an title eliminator against Gane BUT he himself, who as well won the belt from an title eliminator (Charles was not champ) and then defended the belt exactly 1x against a FW, deserves to be P4P?

Guys, in all honesty, you don't need to be a hater to understand that he is just talking out of his ass and it stinks + the fact that DC is mostly agreeing with him is another reason why I cannot take Cormier serious...
DC is permanently tormented by the smiling face of Jones. Did you really expect him to be impartial about Jones in a discussion involving Bib and the Boyz? LOLOLOLO. Jokes on you

Yeah but he was exonerated as the substance he failed for wasn't a banned substance previously.

Not quite the same as a career cheat who apparently "pulsed" many months after he originally popped.

Try harder
Both were the exonerated. Now search the drug islam was popped for and the history of that particular drug with Russian athletes and doping scandals

The dageys always crying about something.
<36>

Back