Media Israel Adesanya believes Jan Blachowicz is being underestimated

Imagine not fighting someone from the same country or continent as yourself just because...

I commented on this before I saw this reply. I think what makes this different is that Africa is largely an untapped market for MMA. And rightly or wrongly it clearly helps when kids can see someone who looks like them, sounds like them, is from their town, waves their flag, etc. doing something (i.e. it’s more likely to cross their mind that they could do it too).

Does that mean they shouldn’t fight, ever, no matter what? I would say no. In fact can you imagine a super fight in Lagos or something (or even Johannesburg, Cairo, wherever)? It would be historic and incredible. But I get it.

Last edited:
The only one that underestimated him was Rockhold and that's just his overall personality

As a polish fan and Jan's supporter I must say Adesanya is a great fighter and deserves hell lot of respect.
He's not Jon Jones teasing a move up in weightclass for 5 years.
He takes on every f...g challenge.
Apart from his weird tweets and pretendin g not knowing what gynecomasty is, he really is someone deserving praise.
Not underestimating, confident and realistic. I am f..g pumped for this fight.

I hope he does great, but looses ;) War Jan.

You are being generous by saying 5 years. Jones is litteraly teasing us for 10 years now.

Israel acts like hes this hardore anime fan but he always wears merch for the most entry level shit like naruto and DBZ lol

I think that he wants to attract casuals anime fan.

Or maybe that he's actually no an hardcore weeboo and that fighting take a lot of time in his life. So he's only watch DBZ, Naruto and Attack on Titan lol.

This is a layup of a 2-div gold title fight. Jan is a unlikely champ. He is a lot slower and isn't a counter puncher. Adesanya is 31, but fairly new to MMA, the 20 fights are due to activity more than time in camp. Still room to grow. I do hope Jan tries to take him down and keep him there. Most will stand with Izzy. Not a smart plan.

On here he is. The amount of people who seem to think Jans only out is "polish power" is pretty laughable.

Funny to me how Anderson moved up 2 weight classes 38 pounds apart and yet people try to “call him out” for not moving up. Dude fought for many years at 167

I was looking at Eugene Bareman, explaining how all Izzy losses have been against fighters that were bigger. He said, when your use to being as tall or taller, then it all gets taken away, it can prove difficult. He said that is what they are up against with Jan. But most MMA fighters keep saying Izzy will win but with Jan having to press it on him to win. So if Izzy can stay on the outside with control its a win in their eyes. But Jan does have power.

I thought that about Jon Jones, when he fought Gus the first time. Gus was in his range of height. The thing is, like Dan Hooker said, since, Gustlum fight it seems a developed Izzy has occurred. I think Izzy is in

I heard Anderson normal weight when not cutting weight was 220 something...I think 228

he walks at 228 but made 205 on 24 hours notice? That’s amazing.

23 pound cut without any prep.

Normal weight - I guess you mean walk-around weight - doesn't mean much tbh

A guy that late in his 20s is able to make WW and never has a problem making 185 is not a big MW.
How much does he balloon up between fights eating burguer king or whatever does not tell much imo

And Shooto WW was 167 so coming to UFC MW division he was coming way up.
He fought Okami at 175 the same year as his UFC debut.

In fairness, people are regularly ridiculed for refusing to entertain the possibility of fighting a training partner, even a current one. Usman and Izzy live on opposite sides of the planet.

Again, I think it’s okay if they decide that having two champions who have ties to Africa is a priority. But of course they’re gonna take shit for announcing that the single most compelling superfight is off the table because “we hit it off the five times we’ve seen each other in person.”

Should be a easy win for Izzy. He's younger and faster than Jan. I think speed will play an advantage here.

Haters have to respect his willingness to fight and move up. Anderson, I thought should have moved up to make great fights. He could have. But Izzy is a fighter...good to watch him.

Your join date is 2009 so I'm surprised you are saying this.

Back then most champions were not given a chance to fight up while still holding their belt. Aside from BJ Penn it didn't happen in that era much at all if ever (I legit can't think of anyone in that time period besides BJ). GSP and Anderson despite their historic number of defenses were not given a title shot above their weight class without dropping their current one. Same with Aldo. The "champ champ" thing is a great thing for fighters to go for nowadays but back then it was way riskier despite the champions having way more defenses. The UFC typically is making fighters drop one belt after winning the other, but there was always that safety net of going back to your division as champion if you failed. Again, besides BJ I don't recall there ever being that option for anyone else in that period. I know Anderson kept saying he wouldn't go up because Jones is his friend and for Lyoto etc. but I bet if he got a free shot at Rashad or Forrest he would have taken it, and even possibly against Jones

On topic, I like that Israel is giving Jan props and not acting like he's just going to walk over him or that it's going to be a free win. Like him or dislike him, Israel is a great fighter and appears to have a good approach to the whole game.

Isn't that bad news for him?

Adesanya's main attribute is counter striking/fighting defensively. Which means Jan will pose a bigger challenge.
I’m no striking coach but there are guys who can counter forwards. Think vintage Conor walking Eddie down and making him pay for ever strike he misses.

Izzy never fights forward, he strikes when he sees an opening or slips/counters, and from what I've seen he never fights in the pocket. He is dam near impossible to hit going backward and his head movement is elite boxer tier, if Jan goes at him like he did Reyes Jan gets picked apart, the only success I could see Jan having are his body kicks.
I like Izzy changes as well..... Izzy the better much faster striker in What I expect to be a standup fight

It wouldn't be a jan fight if he wasn't the underdog. Dude has been an underdog in nearly all of his fights these past few years.

Last edited:
Israel acts like hes this hardore anime fan but he always wears merch for the most entry level shit like naruto and DBZ lol

I guess you're the true hardcore anime fan here?

Do you have a body pillow?

c865aae282e89175641bbf26e69428dc.jpg

Not sure Izzy coming forward would be enough to force Jan backwards though
Jan has power kicks, as well as a three punch & kick combo that is dangerous

beyond that, i think Izzy will finish Jan

Back