News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
Yes and 1 was washed and the other old.

Jake carefully picks his fights, there's just enough danger to keep fans interested, but not enough danger to be beat.[/QUOTE

Tbf how many actual legit prospects face anybody that pose any threat until their fights are well into double figures, facing Silva 6 fights in isn’t any worse than fighting some 2-15 opponent that’s going to his real job on Monday morning.

Trying to fight baby Fury 5 fights in is better than most attempt.

I called him to win and to call him talentless is a stretch. The man can fight but because he's a clown it's hard to give him credit. 1 thing is he's a grifter and knows how to make money

He can’t fight dude, as someone who follows boxing on every level I can tell you the guys form is ugly and the talent is non existent… every thing is a power punch or an over extension. He’s just an average in shape bro taking boxing classes winging punches at MMA champs and getting away with it.

Again I respect the eyes he brings to the sport but he’s handpicking MMA guys for a reason and it’s becoming a problem for the UFC.

Do you know what the “boxing pedigree” is? I won’t even mention what low level pros would do to him, because it would be a disrespect to boxing

I know he hasn't faced a boxer yet, but MMA fighters hold alot more value than a a part time boxer that drives cabs 4 days a week and this is what most guys are fighting when they turn pro

Of course, thats why Jake is fighting them.

Someone started a thread asking what would be if jake was a boxer since 8, I wanted to reply we might not even know his name if that was the case.

He's a youtuber with millions of dollars at his disposal and can do whatever the fuck he wants and a bunch of kids with mel gibson avatars will gobble it all down.

Yes and 1 was washed and the other old.

Jake carefully picks his fights, there's just enough danger to keep fans interested, but not enough danger to be beat.

Fury is fighting Chisora yet again and Wilder just beat up the guy he used to beat up in sparring...

Jake Paul is really nailing this boxing thing.

It's obvious that they paid Anderson to get lost. There is no way for a youtuber to beat the GOAT.

It happened dude. Deal with it.
200w.gif

Fury is fighting Chisora yet again and Wilder just beat up the guy he used to beat up in sparring...

Jake Paul is really nailing this boxing thing.
He's taking the Andy Kaufman rout only he actually has skills and is taking it serious while actively trolling the MMA community much like Andy did the pro wrestling community.

I must say that was one of the least disappointing fights I've ever seen. It was exactly as billed. Both guys came to win.

It was a good fight and Silva def wasn't a guaranteed fight for Paul to win.

I dont get why there is so much insecurity amongst sports fans. Isn't it both that Paul is picking famous guys but not career boxers as he hasn't been boxing THAT long still and that Anderson Silva is way past his prime and nearly 50 years old?

It was a fair fight on paper and a major step up for Jake and it was a competitive and fun one. What's wrong with some of you guys? Some of y'all have such a major hard on for dissing boxing, MMA and uh..youtubers?

Last edited:
All these guys had extensive Amatuer careers, Jake Paul had none of that, a better example is to look at guys that skipped the amateurs and turned pro straight away and compare the competition
Fair enough. Guys without extensive amateur backgrounds wouldn't have the ability to be so selective in their matchmaking though, where they can take on guys who have a name--and legit ability--but are significantly smaller, transitioning from another sport, etc.

there was no surprise in this really. Jake came to fight Silva came to box. Jakes KD was an exploitation of Silva's sluggishness in his lingering punches.

It was a boxing match as basic as anything. That's not sarcasm.

It was a good fight and Silva def wasn't a guaranteed fight for Paul to win.

I dont get why there is so much insecurity amongst sports fans. Isn't it bother that Paul is picking famous guys but not career boxers as he hasn't been boxing THAT long still and that Anderson Silva is way past his prime and nearly 50 years old?

It was a fair fight on paper and a major step up for Jake and it was a competitive and fun one. What's wrong with some of you guys? Some of y'all have such a major hard on for dissing boxing, MMA and uh..youtubers?

Pauls turned out to be better than pretty much everybody thought he would be and most people would rather cut off their left testicle than admit they were wrong.

Nate diaz boxes Paul's head off

Not in this lifetime. Paul is genuinely more skilled in every comparison. Not because Paul is any good, but because Diaz is robotic arm puncher with zero head movement and is flat footed. He’ll be another Woodley.
Nate should take the fight. He’ll get his head knocked off but it’s not like MMA “strikers” have any credibility left.

Wow, some people are arguing Silva won!

And a bunch are crying it was rigged, just like all Jake's other fights have been. If that's true, props to Silva for getting his nose smashed to shit to help sell Jake as a legit fighter. Silva was supposed to win (according to people on here) after losing? It was due to either it being rigged, or him being too old. I thought Jake looked good at points, people of course refuse to give the boy any credit. I dunno what people expect from someone who only started fighting a few years ago. A lot of boxers start training before they're even a teenager. It's interesting to see some of the people who gave him no chance in this fight now saying he picked Silva because he's old as shit it was a safe fight for him. Which is it? And apparently, Silva's fairly recent win over Chavez Jr all of a sudden means nothing. Chavez Jr is old and sucks (what I was reading elsewhere tonight) I remember after that fight people were saying how The Spider still had it, now he's 1,000 years past his prime. And Chavez was never good, even tho he was a champ at one point.

I'd say even at his older age, Silva was a pretty decent test. I mean in MMA The Spider was considered one of the top strikers.

i can't believe how many stupid motherfuckers there are in this thread.

this wasn't a work. they fought a pro boxing match and nothing in it indicated any fuckery whatsoever.

silva is 47, had been finished a whole bunch, and unsurprisingly got dropped again last night. paul is a nobody in terms of boxing ability, but he is training professionally, with good people. neither guy looked good last night, because we're all used to seeing high level boxers and neither of these guys is even remotely close to that. paul can't box for shit, silva never really could either, but whatever abilities he had back in the day have clearly diminished.

it was a competitive, but sloppy fight. it should end all discussion about paul being a legitimate boxing contender, but that's about it. it was still a far better fight than any that he's previously had.

This is impossible.

Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time - greating offence is literally his art and he is the greatest artist to ever live.

Clearly the fighters are told to go easy on Jake Paul and the score cards are rigged anyway - this is a total circus.

There is literally no reason for it not to be.

Back