Jiri admits Reyes KO him in the fight.

Dude was mashing on Reyes the whole fight, felt like everything Dom threw was to get the monster off of him.

dudes fun

Reyes can only blame himself for allowing him to recover and ktfo of him then.

Yeah, himself and the ref.

Technically a big part of the refs job is to tell which of the two guys he's monitoring are awake at all times.

But, good on Jiri, he woke up and got to work.

Even while unconscious, he was able to land in side control, grab a far side underhook and secure the position. What a legend.

Hahaha. All the losers saying that the ref should have stopped it need to watch the footage. All you guys are clowns. Jiri won fair and square. Oh wow, Reyes landed an up kick but in 1 second later was getting fucked up again. Hahaha

I remember the same thing happened to Rampage when he fought Arona. Caught an up kick and was totally out in his guard. Think Arona even tried to signal the ref about it, but, like Reyes, failed to capitalize and.... well, we all know how it ended. (if you don't know, you're a filthy casual and need to do some research asap)
If I remember, Rampage told the referee he was fine.

Edit: “He dislocated my jaw, and I went down to recover and to block the heel kicks and he told the referee I was knocked out,” Jackson said. “That pissed me off.”

Last edited:
Yeah, himself and the ref.

Technically a big part of the refs job is to tell which of the two guys he's monitoring are awake at all times.

But, good on Jiri, he woke up and got to work.
The ref wasnt going to be able to stop that fast enough.
It was so quick you werent sure what you saw.

ufc3.gif
<[analyzed}>

He's putting on an Oscar performance.

Plenty of people are flash Ko'd in MMA and wake back up. The fight is not usually stopped. (Edward Sanchez went out briefly against Conor and woke back up but the ref still stopped it)

Sucks for Reyes. If that's true, then Reyes should have won the fight. Getting "flashed", is getting KOed.

No it’s not. Should every fight end when a fighter gets dropped every time then? Getting dropped usually equals getting flashed.

I dont know if some of you guys are trolling or are Just stupid. Like some said: Flash ko = getting dropped in many cases.
Imagine stopping a fight when someone is in side control advancing position.
There realy is nothing to argue about.

Reyes earned more real fans with his toughness and aggressiveness in that fight than he did from that Jones fight by picking up Jones haters.

I still think he needs to diversify though. He can't keep fighting like this. It'll be over soon taking all this damage.

This guy, I like.

{<redford}

Total opposite of:

It doesn't matter how long. He was knocked out. The ref missed it. He should technically have lost. There's no exception in the rules for if you wake up fast.

It sucks for Reyes that the ref missed a KO.
can you quote the rule?

Evidently Jiri’s confident enough to be honest with himself and everyone, kudos to him being real, 99.9% of fighters would’ve never admitted to such.
<5>

Yeah, like Cain Velasquez. I'm not sure if he ever admitted what happened with the Francis fight.

No it’s not. Should every fight end when a fighter gets dropped every time then? Getting dropped usually equals getting flashed.

No it doesn't. There's a difference between losing your equalibrium and losing consciousness. It's part of the reason we have TKOs and KOs. One is out, the other is "technically" out.

As far as I can tell, there's no amount of acceptable sleeping in the octagon. Like of you are only taking a one second nap it's OK, but at 3 seconds we call it.

I get that it happens, I get that refs aren't perfect, and guys can bounce back from getting flashed just fine.

But if fights are supposed to end when someone gets knocked out, they should end when someone gets knocked out. If it's the KO plus 2 seconds, I don't love that, but fine, that's the rule. But it should be applied equally and competantly.

Back