Jiri Prochazka Wants UFC to Bring Back ‘No Time Limit’ Fights

Bring Back No Time Limit?

• Total voters
zwvNl4kh43eI.gif

Jiri is a real life Street Fighter character. He's there to test himself, physically, mentally, and spiritually. He's wants to be the best fighter in the world, for real. I don't doubt that he'd be interested in the old law, bc he's that type of guy. If legit vale tudo could pay his bills, he'd be doing that. I don't think he's in it for the UFC long game and the money, though, necessarily. I imagine he ends up back in Japan before it's all said and done. If he wants no time limits and less restricted rules, he already has a relationship with them, and they're the ones who let Royce and Saku do unlimited rounds. I imagine if he wanted a no time limit fight that they'd accommodate.

Idk how anyone could dislike Jiri, and especially old heads. He embraces that past era, and he fights like he's directly out of it.

Jiri is a real life Street Fighter character. He's there to test himself, physically, mentally, and spiritually. He's wants to be the best fighter in the world, for real. I don't doubt that he'd be interested in the old law, bc he's that type of guy. If legit vale tudo could pay his bills, he'd be doing that. I don't think he's in it for the UFC long game and the money, though, necessarily. I imagine he ends up back in Japan before it's all said and done. If he wants no time limits and less restricted rules, he already has a relationship with them, and they're the ones who let Royce and Saku do unlimited rounds. I imagine if he wanted a no time limit fight that they'd accommodate.

Idk how anyone could dislike Jiri, and especially old heads. He embraces that past era, and he fights like he's directly out of it.
Jiri is not bright, that's all I wanted to say, but quoting you after speaking so highly makes me laugh.

No thanks.. just imagine no time limit for the last UFC main event Lewis vs Almeida.. I mean the fight would still be going on right now as we speak, that fight would be never ending. This so called "ground wizard" Almeida has the mount about 100 times, the side mount about 50 times and didn't have a clue what to do, keeps looking over at his corner on what to do?? virtually no ground 'n' pound, and Lewis is laying like he is on the beach enjoying the sand, doesn't have a care in the world, and has no urgency to get up.

That fight would last until the next PPV, may even run past it actually, and don't give me that nonsense that Lewis would gas if it was still going on... he was laying asleep on his back the entire time like he was in beddy.

Yeah, no thanks...
sad-cat.gif

Nah, you’d end up with a lot boring fights going way too long and even good fights eventually devolving into slow paced slogs. There’s a reason they introduced time limits. Besides logistically it would just be a nightmare.

No time limits suck and are unrealistic if you want to broadcast a product, it just won't fly with networks.

However, I'm all for the first round being 10 minutes, gives the fighter with initiative a advantage to being aggressive early.

I remember before there were time limits and many fights were boring as shit. Guys just stalled waiting for their opponent to make a mistake.

If you don't want judges then lose the judges. Just say "you have 15 minutes to finish that guy" if you don't, then it's a draw."

It's fun in theory but it's gonna make for a shit-ton of boring fights. I'm down with a longer first round though.

Yea, no thanks. He can spend his days alone in the forest watching Royce vs Ken 2.

Only certain fights with no time limits. Imagine no limits on Lawler/Macdonald.

bf033a1d-be50-44a0-8c5e-5f7bcf4b1f19_text.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 1010567

Jiri Prochazka is not a fan of fights going to the judges’ scorecards.

According to Prochazka, with three different judges scoring the fight there are too many variables at play in arriving at the result. “BJP” would rather have two fighters simply go to battle with no time limits or no judges like in the early days of the UFC.

“I think the fights, especially in the UFC, can’t end for the points. Because for the points everytime there is a referee [judge], one referee is for him, one referee is for him and tell me, who wins. I think the best time for fighting was when that’s end for like no time limit…Bring it back,” Prochazka said recently on "The MMA Hour.”

If fights were to go on longer, Prochazka might have a slight advantage thanks to his past experience in Rizin Fighting Federation. The Czech was a light heavyweight champ in the Japanese promotion, which prior to 2018 had a rule set that featured a 10-minute first round followed by two five-minute rounds. According to Prochazka, once a fighter has accepted the initial shock of fighting beyond five minutes, they can focus on channelling their true warrior spirit.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jiri-Prochazka-Wants-UFC-to-Bring-Back-No-Time-Limit-Fights-191642

I would like it...someone has to win or quit...Nick and Nate Diaz would have done so well if those rules were applied...in a real fight there is no rounds....but not sure it would be fun with certain WMMA fighters or just unskilled fighters....

Early UFC was much funner to watch...I Liked it better in the early days...it was like watching the World Series...rooting for your guy...just not a fan of 3 fights in one day. The tournament style was very exciting but we can space them out today. and no limit makes it play out differently..it causes allot more twist and turns in fights. Yeah I like it back then and still think it would make UFC more exciting and watching your Fighter have a chance each year. Or the new rising stars..would have to rise sooner...or maybe a separate tournaments between the top 15 to 30 vs the top 15 tournament...whatever factor they figure out......or maybe just make it a little over a year so each fighter has time to rest. It would still advance people quicker and give them the chance to win.

Last edited:
I'd like to add:

Let's go Red Wings!

I remember Dallas had a team once... Now it's a baseball city :)

It's fun in theory but it's gonna make for a shit-ton of boring fights. I'm down with a longer first round though.

Pride had it right.. 10 x 5 or 10 x 5 x 5 (Championship)

haha :D :D super cute, bro thats how I felt watching the Lewis vs Almedia fight haha.. So sleepy. I thought it would never end . We must have a time limit or cat gets sleepy lol

giphy.gif

ca08dbeee8a7605d1ddc41fb2517193e.gif

Jiri should replace Dana

200w.gif

I would like it...someone has to win or quit...Nick and Nate Diaz would have done so well if those rules were applied...in a real fight there is no rounds.

Nate would have finished Leon Edwards and gone on to be champion ;)

<seedat>

I remember Dallas had a team once... Now it's a baseball city :)

Pride had it right.. 10 x 5 or 10 x 5 x 5 (Championship)

ca08dbeee8a7605d1ddc41fb2517193e.gif

200w.gif

Nate would have finished Leon Edwards and gone on to be champion ;)

<seedat>

TBH, if they did this, I would be really happy but with the tournament style too...just not 3 fights in one night...but space it out in eliminations...obviously, the new people could fight the other new people, so a separate tournament ...30 to 15....vs top 15 ...if its too many fights each year...make it 1 year and half...whatever seems to included rest time..I am sure they can keep it just as busy too.

Dana does not like this because its a blue collar type of idea and he rather hype and destroy fighters careers with his BS. If everyone had a chance each year, your old fighter might do well...or try longer. Personally, I would rather watch this more than who is talking what to who...the quite humble samurai could rise to the top without feeling the need to please the president.

Back