Josh Taylor vs José Ramírez May 22nd ESPN TOP RANK

Agreed. Prograis might not be a world beater but he ain't no bitch and is likely the only guy at 140 who could beat Taylor at 140 at this point imo and Taylor already beat him. Ramirez can punch but I think hes gonna get boxed up.

It's just a shame he wants to retire after a few more fights.

I think Josh is an awesome boxer and i admit i thought Prograis would dominate him, i couldn't have been happier to be wrong. I just wish he was staying at 140 for years so i could see him fight some of the guys like Jukembayev and Ergashev, and even the hot prospect Elvis Rodriguez.

I think Josh is an awesome boxer and i admit i thought Prograis would dominate him, i couldn't have been happier to be wrong. I just wish he was staying at 140 for years so i could see him fight some of the guys like Jukembayev and Ergashev, and even the hot prospect Elvis Rodriguez.
I didnt know that.

it is indeed. I’ve been a massive fan of his since his beatdown of Ohara Davis. Maybe my favourite current fighter
Tbh if he unifies in his next fight, and maybe moves up and grabs a belt at ww, i think it would be a great career with nothing else to prove. He’s not been a pro long, hasn’t taken any damage (other than the postol fight), so can leave the sport with money, success and a full bill of health. Too many fighters fight for way to long nowadays

it is indeed. I’ve been a massive fan of his since his beatdown of Ohara Davis. Maybe my favourite current fighter
Tbh if he unifies in his next fight, and maybe moves up and grabs a belt at ww, i think it would be a great career with nothing else to prove. He’s not been a pro long, hasn’t taken any damage (other than the postol fight), so can leave the sport with money, success and a full bill of health. Too many fighters fight for way to long nowadays

I completely agree.

I completely agree.

1 thing I will say is Taylor doesn’t get anywhere near the recognition he deserves over here, even after his wssb win. He is Britain’s best current fighter by a fair distance imo. The Scots obviously love him, but he doesn’t get love he deserves south of the border. Damn shame

1 thing I will say is Taylor doesn’t get anywhere near the recognition he deserves over here, even after his wssb win. He is Britain’s best current fighter by a fair distance imo. The Scots obviously love him, but he doesn’t get love he deserves south of the border. Damn shame

Yet again i agree.

When i was growing up Hatton was all over the tv and since his career ended the only boxers that have been plastered on sky sports are Joshua, Fury, Khan, Brook and Katie Taylor. Even Warrington barely sees any tv time apart from when it's time to fight.

Taylor might be Scottish but i have no idea why he's not celebrated like the rest.

I think right now he's Britain's best current fighter too. I've always liked his skill set and I haven't missed one of his fights in years (despite being an American fight fan). If he beats Ramirez, and I see him doing it handily, he'll be lineal & undisputed champ. I just wish he planned to stick around a tad bit longer but I'm with him if he wants to retire early.

Interesting. If he moves down to 135 a fight vs. Lopez or Loma would be epic. I wouldn't pick against him vs. either one.

They would be some spicy fights indeed.

Interesting. If he moves down to 135 a fight vs. Lopez or Loma would be epic. I wouldn't pick against him vs. either one.

He's a big, physically imposing 140 pounder. I can't see him getting down to 135 without diminishing himself.

He's a big, physically imposing 140 pounder. I can't see him getting down to 135 without diminishing himself.
I'm just going on what he himself said, that he could get down to 135 not that hard. He doesn't strike me as type to over exaggerate.

I'm just going on what he himself said, that he could get down to 135 not that hard. He doesn't strike me as type to over exaggerate.

Yeah I'm not sure, but I think a Dawson situation wouldn't be out of the question. With Lopez young and still likely filling out, it seems like a fight we could get at 140 in the relatively near future. I'd also say that I'm a fan of Taylor, but he's prone to saying some pretty dumb stuff at times.

Yeah I'm not sure, but I think a Dawson situation wouldn't be out of the question. With Lopez young and still likely filling out, it seems like a fight we could get at 140 in the relatively near future. I'd also say that I'm a fan of Taylor, but he's prone to saying some pretty dumb stuff at times.
Well if he doesn't make the drop to 135 then a fight with Lopez at 140 would be something to look forward to.

Back