News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
Tell me this why is Anthony Joshua willing to fight an 0-1 boxer in Ngannou if he lost clearly to Fury? Joshua wouldn't risk fighting someone with basically no experience in boxing. There obviously a reason he's fighting him, it's because he thought Ngannou fought valiantly and he probably thought Ngannou won that fight.

Again why would Anthony Joshua of all boxers at his point of his career take an 0-1 boxer who you thought clearly lost?

And talking about bias, you clearly sound very biased and not open minded.
Anthony Joshua’s getting paid, if rumours are true, somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million for this fight. Thats’s your reason right there. He probably also sees it as low risk in comparison to some other fights out there.

Anthony Joshua’s getting paid, if rumours are true, somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million for this fight. Thats’s your reason right there. He probably also sees it as low risk in comparison to some other fights out there.

Of course money talks. But there is a reason why this is generating a lot of money is because his dance partner Ngannou is a worthwhile opponent. He wouldn't fight Ngannou if he didn't think he's worth it.

The fight with Fury proved Ngannou worth win or lose.

Joshua's also fighting Ngannou because of all the hype he's riding right now. They want to show up Fury and do better against Ngannou than he did. It's a brilliant move but it could backfire.

Of course money talks. But there is a reason why this is generating a lot of money is because his dance partner Ngannou is a worthwhile opponent. He wouldn't fight Ngannou if he didn't think he's worth it.

The fight with Fury proved Ngannou worth win or lose.
I think Joshua would fight a lot of guys for $50 million, worthwhile or not. Ngannou is marketable at the moment because he performed better than expected in his loss to Fury, but he isn’t more worthwhile than other names that were floated for the date. Far less, really, in terms of accomplishments. Compared to, say, Zhang or Hrgovic, Ngannou must look like easy work to AJ.

I don’t write Ngannou off completely, though. If he starts fast and can hurt AJ early he has a chance. I just don’t see it happening.

lol why would I go away? This is place to have a discussion. Don't get so sensitive over that. I thought Ngannou won and you have a different perception. So be it. It's not that big a deal. Life goes on, regardless.
Then discuss it. Saying "the only thing that matters is Ngannou won at life" when discussing who won Fury/Ngannou is just braindead. If that's the only thing that matters then fuck off out of a discussion that you don't think matters. Or, do discuss it, but don't say that the only thing that matters is something completely irrelevant.

Then discuss it. Saying "the only thing that matters is Ngannou won at life" when discussing who won Fury/Ngannou is just braindead. If that's the only thing that matters then fuck off out of a discussion that you don't think matters. Or, do discuss it, but don't say that the only thing that matters is something completely irrelevant.

You didn't read my other posts obviously.

Basically I said it's a close fight, it could have went either way. One judge had it for Ngannou and the other two had it for Fury but in close scores. So the point I'm making it's not blow out fight, it was very close. Ngannou could have won.

And that's my thoughts on the matter.

You didn't read my other posts obviously.

Basically I said it's a close fight, it could have went either way. One judge had it for Ngannou and the other two had it for Fury but in close scores. So the point I'm making it's not blow out fight, it was very close. Ngannou could have won.

And that's my thoughts on the matter.
I saw. Discussing things is good. Saying afterwards "the only thing that matters is Ngannou won at life" as a response is silly. If it doesn't matter then don't talk about it in the first place.

Tell me this why is Anthony Joshua willing to fight an 0-1 boxer in Ngannou if he lost clearly to Fury? Joshua wouldn't risk fighting someone with basically no experience in boxing. There obviously a reason he's fighting him, it's because he thought Ngannou fought valiantly and he probably thought Ngannou won that fight.

Again why would Anthony Joshua of all boxers at his point of his career take an 0-1 boxer who you thought clearly lost?

And talking about bias, you clearly sound very biased and not open minded.

lol he's taking on ngannou because he thinks it's an easy fight with a big $$$ day ... same reason fury fought him .. he could be making the same mistake fury made but I doubt it .. I think he'll be ready .. interesting fight but joshua probably won't take him as lightly as fury did .. and he shouldn't since he has tape on him knocking fury down .. I think it'll be an anticlimactic joshua w

Viewers will be able to watch Francis Ngannou’s boxing match against Anthony Joshua for slightly less than they paid to see “The Predator” take on Tyson Fury last October.

According to PPV.com, Ngannou vs. Joshua will be $69.99 and is available to order now. Meanwhile, Ngannou vs. Fury, which aired on pay-per-view via ESPN+, cost $79.99. Ngannou vs. Joshua takes place on March 8 at Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Ngannou made his boxing debut against Fury on Oct. 28. The former UFC heavyweight champion outperformed all expectations, as he dropped Fury in Round 3 en route to losing a competitive split decision. The Cameroonian-born Frenchman is also under contract with Professional Fighters League and has vowed to return to MMA at some point, though a date for his promotional debut has yet to be confirmed.

Joshua meanwhile, owns a 27-3 career mark in professional boxing, with 24 of those triumphs coming by way of knockout. After dropping a split decision to Oleksandr Usyk in August 2022, the 34-year-old has been victorious in his last three bouts.

Serious question for Ngannou fans. IF he does lose this fight, will it be his last boxing match? Or would it matter how he loses?
(Obviously if Francis wins he will continue to box.)

Serious question for Ngannou fans. IF he does lose this fight, will it be his last boxing match? Or would it matter how he loses?
i believe Big Frank has said he wishes to continue fighting in MMA, this year if possible. i imagine that he'd want to do that quicker if he loses vs AJ. if Large Francisco gets KO'd stiff in the first 3 or so rounds, he may rethink boxing entirely.

I really think this is a strategy of fury calling off his fight and seeing how Francis vs Joshua goes will be a guide to how good usyk is hear me out

If Francis hangs with Joshua and loses a decision

Fury will be relieved and think hes good enough
If Francis kos Joshua fury may think hel smoke Joshua and beat usyk

If Joshua smokes Francis I don't see fury fighting usyk or Joshua

I really think this is a strategy of fury calling off his fight and seeing how Francis vs Joshua goes will be a guide to how good usyk is hear me out

If Francis hangs with Joshua and loses a decision

Fury will be relieved and think hes good enough
If Francis kos Joshua fury may think hel smoke Joshua and beat usyk

If Joshua smokes Francis I don't see fury fighting usyk or Joshua

The fight has been postponed due to an injury, there’s no real doubt about that. He’s blatantly ducked many fights in the past including usyk at least twice, but this is legit. We’ve all seen the cut! Im still not yet convinced that the fight actually happens though

In reality this should be a much tougher fight for Joshua. Not that I think it will be but certainly a dangerous fight nonetheless. Furys longer, better footwork and is used to fighting at range. Ngannous an incredibly strong and very durable hitter, but he’s a plodder. Slow hands and feet. He wants the fight close to mid range. Stylistically this should’ve been an easy fight for fury.

Well, he lost his first boxing match but still gained 10 times more momentum because of how he lost. Does that answer your question?

I anyone else seeing “Dr Riddler” like some new comic villain on that ONE fc advert? Lol

anyway, still shocked and in disbelief this actually going down. If Ngannou shows us something cool, then uhhh … well, cool. But I suspect another easy W for Joshua who’s been on vacation last few fights. Talk about easy checks.

i think if Ngannou can make this a grappling type of fight, we may see Joshua struggle a bit, i dont see it happening but its a possibility.

Ngannou also looks like a tough fucker, i dont remember him ever being hurt so Joshua needs to be careful

The scariest thing about this clip, besides the sound, is it doesn't look like he's putting much power behind the punch.

Maybe a 7 on a scale of 10.

His reaction to the 999 score is 'Is Normal.'

And yes, I get those punching machines aren't officially regulated & measured. Still impressive nonetheless.

The scariest thing about this clip, besides the sound, is it doesn't look like he's putting much power behind the punch.

Maybe a 7 on a scale of 10.

His reaction to the 999 score is 'Is Normal.'

And yes, I get those punching machines aren't officially regulated & measured. Still impressive nonetheless.

Let's assume for a second that Ngannou is the hardest hitting man to ever live. I don't think he is, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that's the case. He's unlikely to get his hardest shot off in an actual fight against a skilled boxer. An intelligent boxer will keep him off balance. Turn him. Prevent him from setting his feet to punch. When they're not doing this they'd be making him miss and countering effectively so that he's uncomfortable throwing punches in the first place.

Joshua should be able to do a lot of this. Usyk would be even more capable. Fury fought the wrong fight. I don't think Joshua will make the same mistake. Now we know what Ngannou is about. We didn't then.

Back