Karate in the Olympics?

Strange that some people don’t understand the concept of rules. I blame their parents.

"What do you mean I can't kick him in the face when he's grounded, while I'm simultaneously sodomizing his grandma and pouring sugar in his dads' gas tank!?!?!?

5iwa01.jpg

(I'm using MMA rules in my example but you get what I mean)

WTF tell me the rule he violated sherdog come on you're a karate forum

yet another reason I'm glad I didn't watch the olympics this year. One of the other gold medal matches is just as stupid, I just saw highlights on youtube.

It seems so. The kick itself was legal, but KOing too hard is not.

Check the video, it was with the front leg. Very well timed, but not brutal.

Damn. That's a race-walking-level joke of an Olympic sport!

It was a well timed kick from the front leg, it wasn't a power roundhouse. This a complete joke.
Really? Go tell that to Matt Brown when Cerrone send him into the shadow realm with the same kick.

only stupid people think yan is the real champ and are salty that aljo won. what was he supposed to do? pass on the BELT and money he'd been working so hard for AFTER copping an illegal strike? only delusional people think that. utterly stupid.

only stupid people think yan is the real champ and are salty that aljo won. what was he supposed to do? pass on the BELT and money he'd been working so hard for AFTER copping an illegal strike? only delusional people think that. utterly stupid.

yeah, when jon jones dominated people and then groin shotted/eye poked them, they just automatically won.

oh, wait.

it's even dumber with headkicks/knees when they're legal in other times/conditions. the conditional part has always been stupid.

I find it hard to believe I used to like the Olympics.

I generally see the Olympics as a mishmash of sports most regular people can only stand to watch once every four years. I even question the criteria proposed earlier that it has to be popular. Like how many people honestly do or watch speed walking? More likely perhaps there is some greasing of palms by some of these sports associations to get in there. (How is something like Ballroom Dancing even considered?)

It's the judged events that get me. Sure they are popular and very physically demanding, so I get it. But imagine if your soccer goal was worth 1.2 points because it was particularly pretty, or if you were deducted half a second because you weren't smiling as you crossed that finish line.

They ruined karate by doing it this way...

It supposed to be touch contact only...which is retarded ..they are encouraged to not hit hard during a martial art match or face a hit too hard penalty..

Which happened here ...

The Olympics got it sooo wrong here...it was hard to watch and take seriously with the running and jumping away between shots and screaming

Should of been closer to combat karate or. Kyokushin karate style competitions

Saudi guy got screwed for being a good fighter Just like Yan
they initially gave him a point and when the other guy didn't wake up they DQ'd him...what a sport

That's amazing. I mean, I don't know if that's like a regular rule that you can't kick too hard, but I wouldn't even want the gold if I won it by getting knocked out flat on my back. I'd be trading it with the other dude for silver. Otherwise years from now it's "Hey kids, want to see how dad won his gold medal?? SMACK"

Back