Khamzat: do you think he turned down UFC 297 title shot vs Strickland?

B-Level

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Considering how adamant Dana was about Khamzat challenging Sean next, while simultaneously forgetting to mention Dricus’ existence as a contender…

seems like short notice Usman might’ve caused too much damage. Khamzat couldn’t handle the quick turnaround to fight in January.

Hard to say. I think Sean and Khamzat are also friends, having trained together. So he may not (outside of promotion stuff) really be frothing at the mouth to fight Strickland.

Considering how adamant Dana was about Khamzat challenging Sean next, while simultaneously forgetting to mention Dricus’ existence as a contender…

seems like short notice Usman might’ve caused too much damage. Khamzat couldn’t handle the quick turnaround to fight in January.

With Nicksick's interview it was clear they were looking at "Q1" for Stricklan/Chimaev. I wouldn't be surprised if Kham's side pulled that out of their ass, but it came straight from Sean's coach lol so that's about as legit as you're going to get. And Nicksick is like the anti hype-man which gives me even more belief that it was a genuine timeline.

I think what happened is they desperately needed a main event for 297 and Khamzat either for VISA or Injury issues woudln't work.

Sucks for him. Sucks for us. Pretty much every moment that guy has been in the Octagon everyone is glued to it.

In order to be prepared for a true Just Bleed God like Strickland, you need to be mentality and physically prepared. As you know, half the fight game is physical and the other half is 90% mental.

Strickland by Shang Tsung fatality

He bitched out just like DDP bitched out of his shot with Izzy. JK probably injury needs to be healed.

Khamzat has a torn ligament in his hand and will need to wear a brace for the next four weeks before beginning rehabilitation, so that's probably it.
Bet he can't wait to rehab his hand......

WWOY.gif

no.

UFC were like "you gotta fight in USA or Canada" and neither of those countries will let that guy Chimaev in, and it's not hard to see why with his rabid pro-war Pro-Palestine insane rants.

Canada most likely won't issue him a visa. immigration here is quite strict with Russia currently and I doubt his residency in uae would change that.

I tore ligaments in both my thumbs and didn't have full strength in my grip for about 6 months both times, especially for a grappler it sucks not being able to grip, and mine weren't even bad cases

Patently absurd..

200w.gif

And being injured and unable to accept the biggest fight of your career. Does not count as turning down a fight.

Can crusher can crushed. He doesn't warrant it and what fans he had saw him exposed in the burns beat down.

Back