Khamzat Chimaev Unhappy With Dana White for Not Delivering Promised Title Shot

Did he really get a cancer misdiagnosis, sounds bs to me ?
I wasn’t diagnosed till like 3 weeks of hospital stay, biopsy surgery, scans, etc till they finally confirmed
I'd figure best guess is some non-oncologist said some symptoms were also that of cancer and it was found it wasn't

It's not unheard of fighters who beat top competition to slide into title shots. I mean I remember when Khabib had to back out from plenty of fights but still delivered once they took place.

He may not be proven at that weight class but his record in UFC is quite impressive. He'd be a star champion until he'd have to relinquish his title for inactivity.

Really, honestly, it's not Khamzat's fault Costa pulled out of their fight. He missed out on his opportunity to beat a ranked MW
Unfortunately that's the important part. He didn't get to do the thing that earns a shot

I'd be ok if he got the title shot.
And yet Islam continually got shit for a title shot off of Bobby Green. Except that was a division that had no challengers left cuz of a good champ, and Islam was already an ranked LW with ranked wins. Khamzat isn't

The hypocrisy of the average sherdogger is hi la rious

As a Latino, I understand is not fucking easy to get an American visa, but Khamzat should really stop talking with Dana about title shots and start talking about the company helping him get his Visa back, if the inactivity is really not his decision then he needs to be able to fight in the states.

As a Latino, I understand is not fucking easy to get an American visa, but Khamzat should really stop talking with Dana about title shots and start talking about the company helping him get his Visa back, if the inactivity is really not his decision then he needs to be able to fight in the states.
No one will give him his VISA back when he is getting "gifts" from Kadyrov. Unreal task.

TYnAN7.gif

Khamzat Chimaev wants the title shot that was allegedly promised to him by Dana White.

Chimaev moved up to middleweight this past October, welcoming Kamaru Usman to the division on short notice at UFC 294.

“Borz” went on to score a tightly-contested majority decision win over the former welterweight champ. While the outing marked only his third middleweight win under the Ultimate Fighting Championship banner, the Chechen claims to have been guaranteed a title shot by the UFC CEO for his next outing.

Chimaev was expecting to face the winner of Sean Strickland vs. Dricus Du Plessis at UFC 297 on Saturday. However, Du Plessis called out Israel Adesanya after dethroning Strickland and “The Last Stylebender” has also expressed interest in that bout.

While “Borz” still hasn’t given up hope of fighting for the title next, he made clear that he isn’t happy with recent developments.

“They promised me after Usman fight, ’You will for sure going to fight for the title,' and I win that fight,” he told ESPN. “I don’t know what’s going on. I heard Dana White say stuff like ‘I don’t think Khamzat is next for the title.’ That’s bulls—t man.

“If you promised me something, you have to answer for your words. I’m the guy who always answers for my words, so I don’t care if it’s some president or somebody, like a king. If you give me your word, you have to answer for that. So, I grow up, when I give word, you have to answer for it… We’re doing that. I will be happy to answer for my words about killing them man, so we’ll see. Maybe in the USA it’s a different mentality.

When he first came on the scene I thought he was incredible, but lately all the bullshit with him has made my excitement fade hard.

He has really buried himself in the Twitter generation of talking shit into the void.
Now he wants a title shot while never beating a single ranked guy at Middleweight.

Im not sure I understand his thought process here sir.

100% do not give Cannonier a title shot. Dudes old, dude already lost a title shot where he looked like shit, got styled on by Rob and most thought he lost to Strickland. Dude is 4-1 or 2-1 in his last 3 and 5. Just no. Izzy needs a win, can't get two immediate title shots off losses in like 18 months time.

But someone's gotta fight Dricus, either Izzy or Khamzat I think. If they do the Strickland rematch, whatever. Khamzst should face either Izzy or Cannonier next if no title shot, which I'm okay with him needing another W.
Yes give him the title fight

When he first came on the scene I thought he was incredible, but lately all the bullshit with him has made my excitement fade hard.

He has really buried himself in the Twitter generation of talking shit into the void.
Now he wants a title shot while never beating a single ranked guy at Middleweight.

Im not sure I understand his thought process here sir.

He wants to fight but isn't getting any fights, that's the problem. He ain't sitting at home turning down fight contracts. He's been inactive due to being badly sick, then injured, then badly sick again. And UFC sat him out the whole year of 2023 because they desperately wanted him on the Abu Dhabi card at the end of the year.

He wants to fight but isn't getting any fights, that's the problem. He ain't sitting at home turning down fight contracts. He's been inactive due to being badly sick, then injured, then badly sick again. And UFC sat him out the whole year of 2023 because they desperately wanted him on the Abu Dhabi card at the end of the year.

That may be the case, I just think his visa, his sickness...all lead up to wasting the guys career.

He is comical. He recently said something like he can easily take LHW belt and beat anyone in top 5... So Jiri called him out (Was even ready to fight him in MW.). Khamzat declined, became "horribly sick" and said that he will fight only champion - He was getting 100% title shot if he beaten Jiri, but he knows that he cant win this fight...
Ofc he can't his last two perfomances showed he isn't anything special. Samurai would kill him after first exchange

Back