Jared Cannonier Open to No. 1 Contender Fight Against Khamzat Chimaev

Who wins if they fight?

• Total voters
Cannonier vs Chimaev as the main event in Saudi Arabia, book it!

<{JustBleed}>
khamzat-khamzat-chimaev.gif

Jared seems like an easier fight for Khamzat than Izzy, Strickland, Whittaker, DDP and Costa.

Jared Cannonier to Chimaev at the faceoffs:

"I'm a Black Boy and I'm JACKED, deal with it!"

200w.gif

I'm confident in saying a fight against Jared would literally be the end to the Khamzat hype. And because of what I've just stated, they won't make the fight imo.
Pretty much this.

It’d be a good fight, great idea, but Dana will never upset the UAE like that. He’s committed to giving Khazat a title shot no matter how embarrassing and unfair that path is

Pretty much this.

It’d be a good fight, great idea, but Dana will never upset the UAE like that. He’s committed to giving Khazat a title shot no matter how embarrassing and unfair that path is

Dana will send old Jared to Saudi Arabia to cut weight with a plan to sabotage him, replace his water during fight week with vodka so he looks like a skeleton during weigh ins. <Eek2.0>

Wasn't Chimaev supposed to "maul" that welterweight who rolled off the couch in his last fight? How did that fight go all 15 minutes?

maury-laughing.gif
I mean Usman was a top 10 p4p fighter at the time (and not a small WW) and Khamzat was basically fighting with one hand for 2/3 of the fight, still won.

Dana will send old Jared to Saudi Arabia to cut weight with a plan to sabotage him, replace his water during fight week with vodka so he looks like a skeleton during weigh ins. <Eek2.0>
Yup

Give him some good ol' airplane air to sicken him up on the way over, and send bottles of wine to him the night before the fight.

<5>

He rode Usman like a two dollar whore.

No one has ever done that.

Usman far better wrestler than Cannonier could ever dream of being.
Jared walks around at 225 when not training consistently and watching his diet (He said this himself) and also fought at HW and LHW. Where as Usman has been a career WW and probably walks around at 200 at the most when not in the gym regularly. Jared is quite a bit bigger than Usman as well as more explosive. Khamzat most likely has a harder time trying to get Jared down and keep him there even if he isn't the better wrestler. We've seen how much being the bigger, stronger person helps in these situations like in the Almeida and Lewis fight. Lewis is not a grappler or wizard on the ground by any means yet he was able to brute force Almeida off of him and get away from him multiple times during that fight.

Jared seems like an easier fight for Khamzat than Izzy, Strickland, Whittaker, DDP and Costa.
Oh if he fights Jared and beats him, I promise the goalposts will be moved and the win will be discredited.

Back