Jared Cannonier Open to No. 1 Contender Fight Against Khamzat Chimaev

Who wins if they fight?

• Total voters
Cannonier will be too big and too strong to bully. Khamzat gets shook after having his TD's stuffed then gets slept by a proper middleweight.

Potential barnburner

Got chimaev

Cannonier will be too big and too strong to bully. Khamzat gets shook after having his TD's stuffed then gets slept by a proper middleweight.
1245710212.jpg

I don't want Mr Twitter anywhere near a title :rolleyes:

Khamzat deserves and was promised a title shot

Half right, he was promised one. Why? Only Dana knows

Let's make it happen! Would love to see this.

Perfect fight, knew the mention of it would have Khamzat fans menstruating though.

Oh if he fights Jared and beats him, I promise the goalposts will be moved and the win will be discredited.
giphy.gif

Khamzat don’t want that fight, too tough to muscle gorilla around, and too dangerous to trade strikes with him. A lot of risk and not much reward for Chimaev. If he thinks he could get a higher profile title eliminator that’s a better matchup for him he will probably pass on this one.

I'm confident in saying a fight against Jared would literally be the end to the Khamzat hype. And because of what I've just stated, they won't make the fight imo.

100%, no way they're going drain the khamzat hype sink to get 39-year old Cannonier over lol

Extremely logical, intriguing fight, but what can ya do?

One thing people dont talk about is Chimaev's visa problems, apparently his coach said he cant fight in US for the time being. This would explain why he doesn't fight a lot.

Source

it turns out that associating with a warlord who commits crimes and atrocities against humanity can hurt your bottom line... whuddathunk!?

I think its unlikely Khamzat submits or finishes Cannonier with strikes. I would pick Cannonier to either win by TKO or decision in a 5 round fight.

Personally I would like to see the Chimaev hype-train be violently derailed.

Winner gets title shot. If either guy can’t beat the other then they don’t currently deserve the shot. I think it’s fair.

Who does roundtree fight? And what about Izzy?

This is why I don't like Khamzat. He's not going to take this fight. He'll instead try angle for a title shot, that he's never earned or call out Adesanya. Meanwhile Jared is willing, ready and super legitimate.

Alright lads... Putting on my Nostradamus tinfoil hat and providing prescient prognostication.

DDP breaks a nail or catches a cold and can't train for a week.

Dana responds by making Cannoneer vs Khamzat for interim belt.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."

~~Kenny Florian

This fight must happen in order to clearly test Khamzat against a proper middleweight and has well rounded MMA skills.

Back