Media Khamzat pretty much confirmed that the UFC made him miss weight at UFC 279

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

https://x.com/DeepWat50503285/status/1714646017407352998?s=20

Khamzat quote with broken english:

"everyone speak about my I didn't make weight ya know, once in my life, and there was some plans to do that, that way it's not my plans, but I can't say everything here and uh, yeah..."

I think this pretty much confirms what most people were/have speculated since that day before UFC 279 which was...pre-sale #'s were abysmal and Uncle Dana knew there needed to be a shake-up to draw more interest. They knew Tony-Jingliang and Khamzat-Diaz wouldn't generate nearly as much money as Tony-Diaz and Khamzat-Holland...they stepped in mid-cut and told Khamzat to stop cutting, they'll pay him a shit ton of money to go along with the narrative that he "missed" weight and boom, all is well.

GNhhZU.gif

I kind of thought this was the case. The UFC definitely pays attention to PPV sales and has people doing analytics to figure out what match ups people want. I had the impression people didn't want to see Khamzat vs Nate cause it was very clearly a lopsided match up and Nate is popular. People don't want to pay money to see someone they like in a match up they have practically no chance of winning.

I think he already said everything we needed to know about the situation in the octagon interview with Rogan afterwards.

He said the doctors stopped him cutting weight - presumably because he didn't look alright.

And then he said, he made his weight; in his words "back up to the guy" - Meaning - He put on weight to weigh in close to what Holland was going to weigh

Consensus : The weight miss wasn't actually as egregious as the scale said it was.

That makes zero sense logically. Khamzat was already more well known than Tony Ferguson.

this is the same Tony that needed like 10 wins to even be considered for a title shot during his peak run. Meanwhile popular guys get shots off 1-2 wins or losses.

I think he already said everything we needed to know about the situation in the octagon interview with Rogan afterwards.

He said the doctors stopped him cutting weight - presumably because he didn't look alright.

And then he said, he made his weight; in his words "back up to the guy" - Meaning - He put on weight to weigh in close to what Holland was going to weigh

Consensus : The weight miss wasn't actually as egregious as the scale said it was.

I'm sure that was the script he was paid an extra premium to go along with/and say.

Uh-oh. Dana is gonna call him scum of the earth.

The only hope for Khamzat's non-scum status to remain intact is for all MMA journalists to be too afraid to ask Dana anything about this. IF anyone is bold enough to ask, Khamzat's name will become mud scum immediately. And he will never have been Dana's friend either.

Luckily, MMA media don't take off their muzzle long enough to threaten Khamzat's non-scum status.

Uh-oh. Dana is gonna call him scum of the earth.

The only hope for Khamzat's non-scum status to remain intact is for all MMA journalists to be too afraid to ask Dana anything about this. IF anyone is bold enough to ask, Khamzat's name will become mud scum immediately. And he will never have been Dana's friend either.

Luckily, MMA media don't take off their muzzle long enough to threaten Khamzat's non-scum status.
It would be funny if the fat guy who always gets the first question turns heel on Dana and opens up spitting hot fire. If he ever gets thin or in shape,expect it to happen.

They knew Tony-Jingliang and Khamzat-Diaz wouldn't generate nearly as much money as Tony-Diaz and Khamzat-Holland
<WhatIsThis>

Nobody knows Kevin Holland apart from hardcore fans, where Nate Diaz is a well known commodity, and he was able to parlay that into the boxing match against Jake Paul that did 450k buys

"Doctors told me to stop" isn't a valid excuse.

If Volkanovski tried to make 145 this weekend, doctors would stop him there too. That's because he's not prepared (understandably) to make 145 right now.

Same with happened with Chimaev, they stopped him from making 171. But in his case, it was because he was unprofessional with his diet during camp. His coach from All Stars already talked about how he was an eating machine without control in the preparation for that fight.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me

Remember the infamous canceled UFC 151?

Reports were coming out that Hendo was injured, some said he was in a knee brace. The UFC kept it hush hush and only announced it on fight week, They wanted to do a last minute switch up... and when Jones said no to Sonnen, Dana blamed the whole thing on Jones.

Or when Dana announced England's main-event to be Gus VS Little Nog.
Little Nog was like, just had back surgery or something, and also getting married during that card. Dana announced Manuwa as a 'replacement' for Little Nog... and justified Gus fighting Manuwa for a rematch opportunity against Jones because Little Nog pulled out.

Meanwhile Little Nog never even accepted the fight.

A lot of games from the red goof... the main lied to his own GrandMa about flying her out for treatment.
Don't believe his lies

It would be funny if the fat guy who always gets the first question turns heel on Dana and opens up spitting hot fire. If he ever gets thin or in shape,expect it to happen.
Then he and Ariel can jointly host a show called "Banned. And None of Ali's Fighters"!

Reactions: HHJ
Back