***Khamzat vs Burns MEGATHREAD***

Who won?

• Total voters
He lacks power. Gil has the weakest chin in the top 10 and he was eating his power like nothing. Get this fraud out of here, he should've lost that fight decisively on the judges scorecard.

Because while Gilbert is not the best at submissions, he's very good at avoiding them and maintaining control like he did against Maia
he might be good at avoiding, but Khamzat had multiple chances to just get on top and control at least. may be burns was stronger and khamzat was gassing

Anyone who thinks Burns won is on crack, straight up lol. He only won round 2. But big respect to him, he used to fight at LW and pushed a MW into a tough fight.

he won round 1 until the jab, clearly had 2 and then took round 3 via the second half shots

I don’t think it was a robbery, but I do think Gil won that fight. Chim landed the heaviest shot in the third round but was virtually doing nothing afterwords while Burns pushed and landed some damn decent shots of his own.

Can we retire the word "Robbery"

Great close fight and a draw would have been fitting

NO! lol….. you people need to understand what a “robbery” is. It was a back and forth WAR.

He's up against a hiiiigh level grappler, this is the stylistic matchup I wished I could see Khabib faced, both he and Khamzat is a destroyer of guys who are not dangerous on the ground, against a high level MMA wrestler / submission artist it is a real challenge stylistically

Neither
Khamzat can punch and Gilbert's chin is average at best. That's why he got hurt multiple times in the fight lol.
Still he's no pushover that's gonna rollover at the first sign of danger
Ehhh, when the statement of someone having "no chin" was coined, it was for someone who constantly gets KOed. If I get rocked and recover, doesn't that mean my chin is still in good shape?

Was a clear 29-28 for Khamzat. He showed chin and great cardio tonight, but his patience and ring generalship needs work. He was the more skilled fighter but did not make good decisions. He fought like Nate Diaz.

Gilbert was on the fence getting lit up most of the 3rd round. If he got off the fence maybe he could’ve won.

Burns would of won if he didn’t get dropped by that jab in 1st round

Close fight 29-28 Chimaev
Wouldn't be upset if Burns got the nod.

2 things I take away from this fight
1 Chimaev has a hell of a chin
2 He's not ready for Usman

Nate vs Chimaev is the next fight to make as 5rnd mainevent

Back