***Khamzat vs Burns MEGATHREAD***

Who won?

• Total voters
Chimaevs stand up isnt great but he has a decent jab. Gilberts neck i like a fire hydrant and he got rocked a few times.

I gotta say i was impressed with his durability but Khamzats fight iq isnt great. he gets emotional in there. That being said Gilberts gas tank was impresseive as fuuu... i take back anything i said. Clearly he was in the best shape of his life. Amazing fight

All this fight proved was that Covington has no path to victory. He won't be able to take Chimaev down. Khamzat's striking IQ is not great but it shouldn't be an issue against pillow hands covington

very close fight, could've gone either way

amazing how taking a huge step up in competition and beating the #2 guy "exposes" you. Also, many of the same people talking about how incredible burns is. makes zero sense.

Khamzat was exposed because

1. No Cardio for 5 rounds.
2.Cant maintain wrestling pressure like Khabib (lack of cardio)
3.Upright posture makes getting to a leg easy, Gilbert is small with mediocre wrestling, Usman gets to a leg and Khamzat is on his back.
4.Dropped several times, poor striking defense, for a fighter with so few fights under his belt, to be getting dropped this early on, shows he's going to have a short career because of his chin. There's already wear and tear on it, and it's been hardly touched before this.

Khazmat didn’t want to stay on mat with burns. With Colby he will gladly, Colby offers very limited sub wrestling threat to khazmat

Colby is definitely gonna be a problem with those pillow hands he has

Those pillow hands over 5 rounds start to become very problematic lol. Volume strikers can become very punishing is later rounds

Wanted Khamzat to take it but Burns took it imo

This was a great fight for Khamzat. He seemed to believe his own hype. Let this be a wake up call for him. There are levels to this! Hope he has a better showing next time. Fresh blood for Kamaru.

It took a big LHW till the last round to finally get Izzy down and with his primitive striking Chim would get counted and KO'd by Izzy.

LOL at his fanboys going on with "styles make fights". Izzy would humiliate this overhyped clown.

Why would Colby beat Khazmat? Nothing indicated that Colby would be able to out grapple Khazmat, so is Colby going to outbox Khazmat?
Ever heard of gas? At that level gas is everything

Bro Khamzat literally dropped him with a jab. And knocked a large MW out cold 2 fights ago. He just has poor technique

He was trading flush shots with burns on the ground. Khamzat sat in full guard and just unloaded on Burns, Burns just punched from the bottom trading shot for shot with him.

Burns didn't get phased by like 10 big ground shots, and a flush elbow that cut him open bad.

amazing how taking a huge step up in competition and beating the #2 guy "exposes" you. Also, many of the same people talking about how incredible burns is. makes zero sense.
I didn’t say he wasn’t good. He’s just not as good as the hype he’s been getting. Colby is going to murder him and that guy is a bigger pussy than you are.

Back