Social Landmark Dutch study shows those pesky conservatives were right all along: Kids grow out of "gender confusion"

I'm noticing a lack of participation in this thread from our leftwing posters.

I could be wrong, but speaking for myself and at least a few others, we have mentioned more than once that surgeries and hormone blockers shouldn't be used on kids. I see it as a much grayer area for 16/17 year olds, and once you're an adult do whatever the hell you want.

I'm also not saying all lefties on here oppose gender affirming care for young children, but I think enough have been vocal about it, that you know why they won't bother posting in here.

The full study link is here, and open source, so anyone can read it. The abstract summarizes all the most important points. Not only do the vast majority of young adolescents grow out of this, strongly indicating it is a phase, but it is also associated with poor mental health. This wasn't some small study. It followed thousands of individuals over a 20-year period:

Gender dysphoria is a sign of mental and emotional instability, and should not be encouraged. It should definitely NOT be accommodated with actions that are potentially permanently harmful such as hormone treatments, or worst of all, invasive surgeries. Sometimes protecting minors means protecting them from their own impulses.
It's a good thing I'm making up my mind based on this one contrarian study and not the consensus that's developed over time among the relevant academic fields. Can you imagine if I had made my choice about what's right and wrong based on a holistic consensus and not this one contrarian study that just re-affirms my pre-existing biases?

Right wingers think about trans dick 100x more than even trans people do. It's fucking insaneeeeeee how much free real estate trans dick owns in right wingers heads.

Regulating corporations?
Increasing taxes on the rich?
Increasing protections for American workers?
Crumbling infrastructure?
Children in poverty going hungry?

NOPE LOL. WE TALKIN' 'BOUT TRANS DICK BOYS. TRANS DICK FOR BREAKFAST. TRANS DICK FOR LUNCH. TRANS DICK FOR DINNER. TRANS DICK ON MY DOME 24/7 365

Right wingers think about trans dick 100x more than even trans people do. It's fucking insaneeeeeee how much free real estate trans dick owns in right wingers heads.

Regulating corporations?

NOPE LOL. WE TALKIN' 'BOUT TRANS DICK BOYS. TRANS DICK FOR BREAKFAST. TRANS DICK FOR LUNCH. TRANS DICK FOR DINNER. TRANS DICK ON MY DOME 24/7 365
If only they had a megathread for their tranny JO material...

Regulating corporations?

So nothing to say about the thread topic? Just a lot of crybaby whining.

Gotta find evidence that the OP study is actually not legitimate because someone is racist/sexist/homophobic/something, and show there's actually a 100 year old study that's approved by the system that says 10 year olds are always accurate when they need permanent sex changes. These things take time. They'll be here soon.

What you're noticing is that not everyone are reactionaries who think any data that favors their position turns their ideology into dogma, that there are people who might actually be inclined to take the time to examine the data.

Also its not always very fun to immediately walk into a right wing anti-trans circle-jerks.

first "oh wow look at the lack of lefties in here. man aren't I so superior and smart?"
then "NO DON'T ENGAGE WITH THE THREAD LIKE THAT!!!"

You have a mega thread for posting and jacking it to trans people. Why do you have to post about such irrelevant shit day in and day out? You have REAL issues that affect your life. You probably have family drowning in medical debt. You probably have a young man somewhere in your family struggling to pay rent. But what are you frothing at the mouth about and spending every day of your life obsessing over? TRANS DICK. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

What you're noticing is that not everyone are reactionaries who think any data that favors their position turns their ideology into dogma, that there are people who might actually be inclined to take the time to examine the data.

Also its not always very fun to immediately walk into a right wing anti-trans circle-jerks.
The sher-intellectuals just need more time to comb through the data <lol>

Taking time to examine the data should also apply to the "let's give kids hormones!" crowd. And also to the crowd, especially of supposed doctors, that gives treatment on mere argument of self-identification. i can't think of another branch of science where self-identification is the basis of medical decisions.

round earth, blue skies, this thread

all conspiracies

I dont know how many trannies are out there and i dont agree with the whole im a real woman thing.

That being said trannies are not something i think about at all and the only reason im exposed to it is because i follow social media where conservatives tend to lurk.

So yeah, if the science say no tranny teens i wont disagree.

But its funny how they think this is some major news that need to be commented on

It's a good thing I'm making up my mind based on this one contrarian study and not the consensus that's developed over time among the relevant academic fields. Can you imagine if I had made my choice about what's right and wrong based on a holistic consensus and not this one contrarian study that just re-affirms my pre-existing biases?

hahahaha...

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg

The sher-intellectuals just need more time to comb through the data <lol>

We generally like to read Lolz.

"The authors conclude that the wish to be of the other sex is a relatively common phenomenon during normal adolescent development. The results provide new insights into different developmental patterns of gender non-contentedness in the general population. Knowledge on gender-related issues, so far, was mainly based on studies in clinical groups of patients seeking care for gender dysphoria and the associated distress, whereas this new study focuses on gender non-contentedness in the general population.

The researchers emphasize that while for the majority of adolescent participants their gender-related questions seem to be compatible with normal development, the study also suggests that a small proportion might progress into clinically relevant gender dysphoria and require appropriate care."

Note the distinction in their own conclusions between "gender non-contentedness" and "clinically relevant gender dysphoria." That's because the authorts of this study recognized they are two different things. They were examining what percentage of kids are likely to actually have gender dysphoria as opposed to being discontent with their gender as a tentative symptom of another problem. This actually helps in treating gender dysphoria, it doesn't disprove its existence as that was never the authors' contention.

On a sidenote, I found it pretty hilarious in that Google searching for this study gave me a really robust list of religious publications heralding it as evidence of the validity of God's work.

I dont know how many trannies are out there and i dont agree with the whole im a real woman thing.

That being said trannies are not something i think about at all and the only reason im exposed to it is because i follow social media where conservatives tend to lurk.

So yeah, if the science say no tranny teens i wont disagree.

But its funny how they think this is some major news that need to be commented on

No one did... Most people didn't give a fuck what adults decide to do in their lives.

But people started paying attention when the Activists and some Medical Officials started to go after kids early and indoctrinate them while they were still moldable.

It's groomer behavior and the study is showing many of the kids who were transitioned early are starting to have major regrets as they become adults.

Especially if they had life altering surgery or drugs. It should be criminal.

What's more insidious is that these activists provide 100% full support for kids wanting to transition... but completely abandon these kids if they decided it was a mistake and need help reversing the damage.

They are ostracized and degraded... like what Cults do to members who want to leave. It's disgusting

Detransitioners open up to NY Times about feeling abandoned, harm of 'gender-affirming care:' 'It's a mess'​

Paul wrote, "The narrative she had heard and absorbed was that if you don’t transition, you’ll kill yourself."

According to Powell, she began hormone therapy during her senior year of high school, followed by a double mastectomy the summer before college, where she described herself coming across as "a very effeminate gay man."

Looking back, however, the woman feels as though she should have asked more questions about her desire to transition before making the decision.

The columnist described the young woman’s mindset, saying, "At no point during her medical or surgical transition, Powell says, did anyone ask her about the reasons behind her gender dysphoria or her depression. At no point was she asked about her sexual orientation. And at no point was she asked about any previous trauma, and so neither the therapists nor the doctors ever learned that she’d been sexually abused as a child."

Suggesting she was misled, Powell told the columnist, "I wish there had been more open conversations. But I was told there is one cure and one thing to do if this is your problem, and this will help you."

Another detransitioner, Kasey Emerick, age 23, who had a double mastectomy at 17, said, "I transitioned because I didn’t want to be gay…Transition felt like a way to control something when I couldn’t control anything in my life."

As Paul explained, "But after living as a trans man for five years, Emerick realized her mental health symptoms were only getting worse. In the fall of 2022, she came out as a detransitioner on Twitter and was immediately attacked. Transgender influencers told her she was bald and ugly. She received multiple threats."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back