Social Landmark Dutch study shows those pesky conservatives were right all along: Kids grow out of "gender confusion"

Isn't that normal though? My understanding is that gender non contendness is not gender dysphoria. Suppose say a girl starts to experience puberty and she wishes she is a boy so she doesn't have to live through the embarrassment. She will most likely grows out of it later. That is a common experience?
This is basically my daughter once a month. Also, she has classmates who were lesbians a couple years ago who now identifies as bisexuals. They'll probably end up as hetero after college.

I have no idea why you think that.

The process is slow and cautious, and getting to the mildest medicinal treatment often takes years of therapy.

Where did you hear kids get blockers right out of the gate?

The focus has always been on therapy, which is called affirmation not because it prioritizes a new gender but because it helps a child reduce anxiety. It lets children know they are loved and supported no matter what they decide.

Conservatives want to mold children into what they think is best, while progressives want to help children find their own way. In my opinion the healthiest course is a mix of the two.

Families have rejected and banished gay children for a very long time, it feels like the conservative war on trans children is a new front for this war. Conservatives will ultimately lose this war as they have mostly lost the war against homosexuality, the question is how many children will they harm along the way?

lol… don’t care if someone is gay. One of my twin teen daughters is lesbian. Her girlfriend is often at my house. She’s a sweetheart
You think you know me, you have zero fucking clue

You’re the worst of far left liberals. Thinking you know what’s best for every group. Living to put people in boxes. Then preaching like evangelist. Lol

Last edited:
lol… don’t care if someone is gay. One of my twin teen daughters is lesbian. Her girlfriend is often at my house. She’s a sweetheart

You’re the worst of far left liberals. Thinking you know what’s best for every group. Living to put people in boxes. Then preaching like evangelist. Lol

I'm not the one who thinks his opinion should override the decisions of therapists and parents regarding the welfare of their children.

You calling me far anything is so stupid it's almost funny.

And like most of his ilk, he's a miserable loner who lives in a sad basement apartment. I'm surprised he hasn't actually posted about his own "transition" journey...yet.

To be fair, @Loiosh didn't say you cared if someone was gay or not. The point seems to be that the can just gets kicked down the road. If gay couples are acceptable now, they certainly weren't a few decades ago.

It's a macro trend for right-libertarian morality. "Oh well, fine, but THIS new shit, this is evil".

I posted a thread about conservative policy leading to worse outcomes and many right wing posters laughed, fine, no issues, it's not clear cut. But there are real life examples. One is right-libertarian Americans were against seatbelts FFS. "You're not going to tie Americans up in seatbelts" is so fucking retarded we can barely believe it was a real thought process, right? But over and over, once these contrarians gradually grow to accept another and another and another common sense safety implementation, the can just gets kicked down the road further, "but THIS is outrageous!"

Not an attack on you, you generally seem pretty sound and open to honest discourse, it's just that's where I assume Loiosh was coming from with that post.

Let's slide you right in...you're all doing very well.

smiling-diverse-women-sitting-in-circle-during-TLRKBAG-768x512.jpg

<36>

I really think this is pretty naive. Girls especially are prone to social contagions and I think that it's pretty much established fact that anorexia is a social contagion.

In an era where tick tock influencers are telling kids that their depression and social problems could be cured by being a different sex, I think it's very understandable that many kids are being influenced to go a direction that isn't really true for them.

And when a for-profit medical system only allows three or four free psychology sessions before making a decision when a kid who's being raped by their uncle needs 18 months of therapy to get to the bottom of what's really behind the gender dysphoria. I think big problems are absolutely present.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time and I think you can too and to pretend that these kids don't matter because we have other pressing problems is horrifically wrong-headed.
I just don't see the push your getting all worked up about happening. If you're really concerned with kids wellness you'd be going nuts about vehicle laws, and gun control. Y'know things that actually are causing harm to a significant amount of youth. Maybe I'm ignorant on the subject but I think the data agrees that the amount of youth undergoing surgical intervention for gender issues is almost statistically insignificant.

I don't think you said he couldn't afford a house. He just said that houses in salt lake City where he lives are massively overpriced for most people. And he did that in a thread where other people on the left were lying and pretending salt lake City is a good place to buy a home.

I got cousins and family in salt lake City and you can make $85,000 or 90,000 a year there and not be able to buy a house. That doesn't sound so bad if you're from California or New York City or maybe Washington. But it's terrible there. The average salary is less than $50,000 and you used to be able to buy a home on that only a few years ago so he was making a very valid point that salt lake City is absolutely crazy for house prices.

Many lying people on the left here have posted threads saying salt lake City is one of those big cities where you can buy a home still.
Aren't you the person who posted that map that you keep crying about? Serious question.

Ed: Yep:

Post in thread 'The U.S. has gone to ****' https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-u-s-has-gone-to.4226550/post-167451712

Good lesson about trustworthiness here.

Yikes

<6>

To be fair, @Loiosh didn't say you cared if someone was gay or not. The point seems to be that the can just gets kicked down the road. If gay couples are acceptable now, they certainly weren't a few decades ago.

It's a macro trend for right-libertarian morality. "Oh well, fine, but THIS new shit, this is evil".

I posted a thread about conservative policy leading to worse outcomes and many right wing posters laughed, fine, no issues, it's not clear cut. But there are real life examples. One is right-libertarian Americans were against seatbelts FFS. "You're not going to tie Americans up in seatbelts" is so fucking retarded we can barely believe it was a real thought process, right? But over and over, once these contrarians gradually grow to accept another and another and another common sense safety implementation, the can just gets kicked down the road further, "but THIS is outrageous!"

Not an attack on you, you generally seem pretty sound and open to honest discourse, it's just that's where I assume Loiosh was coming from with that post.

I don't agree with most of the liberal ideas either past or present. But it is true that conservatives ultimately accept liberal ideas as time goes on. They always claim the new liberal idea is outrageous and must be stopped. But give it time and conservatives will inevitably accept it no matter how insane that idea is. Thats why you cant really trust or respect them.

I don't agree with most of the liberal ideas either past or present. But it is true that conservatives ultimately accept liberal ideas as time goes on. They always claim the new liberal idea is outrageous and must be stopped. But give it time and conservatives will inevitably accept it no matter how insane that idea is. Thats why you cant really trust or respect them.

Politically, we should all try to avoid being a pastiche of what came before.

I think this is where conservatism really falls down. To me the constant "NO, GOD PLEASE, NO!" can only be read in the voice of Steve Carell at this point.

You're right, liberal ideas don't have a great balance either, but FFS.

It's the same playbook over and over again from our right wing friends and it really needs to stop being such a damn predictable push back on absolutely anything anyone suggests.

I just don't see the push your getting all worked up about happening. If you're really concerned with kids wellness you'd be going nuts about vehicle laws, and gun control. Y'know things that actually are causing harm to a significant amount of youth. Maybe I'm ignorant on the subject but I think the data agrees that the amount of youth undergoing surgical intervention for gender issues is almost statistically insignificant.
This doesn't address anything I said so I'll give you a second chance if you want it. Pretending one issue doesn't matter because a different completely unrelated Issue does matter is dishonest and ignorant.

Also, I do support gun restrictions laws so maybe it's possible to care about multiple issues at the same time?

I really see this as a very disingenuous talking point. Frankly, why can't you just admit there's a problem and that it needs to be addressed and that it would be helpful if people weren't so partisan that they had to choose a side on this issue and could just look at the facts and care about people.

Last edited:
Aren't you the person who posted that map that you keep crying about? Serious question.

Ed: Yep:

Post in thread 'The U.S. has gone to ****' https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-u-s-has-gone-to.4226550/post-167451712

Good lesson about trustworthiness here.
what exactly do you think this proves Jack? you are not really implying that the fact that I mentioned it in a post proves no one else has ever posted similar information are you? because that would be disingenuous at best.

also for the record, do you think salt lake city is a good example of affordable housing prices for the average person there?

Last edited:

You're wrong about him being open to honest discourse.

He was one of a pack of jackals who called me a rape apologist for a couple of years for questioning the conservative trans line on a rape in Loudoun. In the end I was completely right, which should have been obvious from the start.

In this thread I asked him why he thought puberty blockers were used right away and he replied instead with a personal attack calling me an extremist. Maybe there are some topics where he's sound and open but I've never seen it in him in the War Room.

I've tried to have genuine discussions with him but he doesn't seem to have that capacity.

That's not true. Conservatives never accepted communism, regular attempts by pedophiles to attach themselves to the gay rights movement, the campaign for nuclear disarmament, third trimester abortions, gun control (in USA), legalisation of all drugs and many other left wing ideas.

I think the left likes to cherry pick the ideas that conservatives have accepted and then make out that this shows they are always right and conservatives always come round in the end. There's certainly plenty of examples of that but there's also plenty of examples to the contrary.

and theres some parents out there that go along with that nonsense and willingly neuter their own kids...

what exactly do you think this proves Jack?
It proves that the map you keep complaining about other people posting was actually posted by you. Also proves you're not an honest person (though that was established long before!).

Back