Social Landmark Dutch study shows those pesky conservatives were right all along: Kids grow out of "gender confusion"

Leave me alone. My girlfriends and I are in therapy.

My bad. Enjoy your time together.

<36>

Group+of+women+talking+with+each+other+%7C+group+therapy+in+Long+Beach%2C+CA+%7C+group+therapy+in+Orange+County%2C+CA+92865+%7C+group+therapy+in+Los+Angeles+County%2C+CA+90731+%7C+Support+group+for+women+in+Long+Beach%2C+CA+90801+%7C+therapist+%7C

It proves that the map you keep complaining about other people posting was actually posted by you. Also proves you're not an honest person (though that was established long before!).

No, it doesn't. And you're smart enough to know that. This is not your best work and reveals your pettiness regarding me more than anything else. I must really be in your head because you can't seem to let it go but you keep swinging and missing.

Why not just be a good faith honest poster instead of a liar and a sophist?

No, it doesn't. And you're smart enough to know that. This is not your best work and reveals your pettiness regarding me more than anything else. I must really be in your head because you can't seem to let it go but you keep swinging and missing.

You’re asking him to be something he isn’t.

Conservatives want to mold children into what they think is best, while progressives want to help children find their own way

LMAO

lol… don’t care if someone is gay. One of my twin teen daughters is lesbian. Her girlfriend is often at my house. She’s a sweetheart
You think you know me, you have zero fucking clue

You’re the worst of far left liberals. Thinking you know what’s best for every group. Living to put people in boxes. Then preaching like evangelist. Lol

He’s not the worst but he’s getting worse.

We have actual communists, rape and terrorist apologists here.

The idea that this isn’t a social construction is so funny to me.

LMAO

Yes, but he usually can at least present a sophisticated kind of deception, but his level of reasoning in that post is just at the level of conspiracy theory stuff. There's the same amount of proof there in his post as there is that the world is flat or that we didn't really land on the moon or that there's reptilians walking the planet.

I think he's devolving.

Yes, but he usually can at least present a sophisticated kind of deception, but his level of reasoning in that post is just at the level of conspiracy theory stuff. There's the same amount of proof there in his post as there is that the world is flat or that we didn't really land on the moon or that there's reptilians walking the planet.

I think he's devolving.
For fun, I asked ChatGPT to argue like a sophist about how the economy was doing well despite housing being unaffordable for the average person and inflation continuing to rise. The response reads literally like a word for word response from Jack.

Certainly! Here’s how a sophist might argue that the economy is doing well, despite rising inflation and the average person struggling to buy a home:

1. Focus on Selective Metrics: The sophist would likely highlight specific economic indicators that show positive trends, such as low unemployment rates, stock market gains, or growth in GDP. For example, they might say, “The economy is undoubtedly flourishing as we see the stock market hitting record highs and unemployment at its lowest in decades. These are classic indicators of a robust economic environment.”
2. Redefine Success: They might redefine what it means for the economy to be ‘doing well’ to fit their argument. “A thriving economy isn’t just about individual purchasing power; it’s about the broader financial system’s stability, investor confidence, and international economic standing.”
3. Shift Blame: The sophist could argue that the inability of people to buy homes is due to other factors not directly related to the overall health of the economy. “The real issue is not the economy but rather overly stringent zoning laws and a lack of sufficient housing supply. These regulatory barriers, not economic malaise, are what prevent many from homeownership.”
4. Minimize the Negative: Inflation might be downplayed as either temporary or as a sign of a recovering economy. “Inflation, while certainly a concern, is often a temporary side effect of a rapidly growing economy coming out of a recession. It’s a sign of demand returning, which is ultimately a positive development.”
5. Appeal to Historical Context: The sophist might use historical comparisons to make current conditions look favorable. “If we look at the economic crises of the past, you’ll notice that our current situation is far more stable and promising. Inflation and housing challenges are modest in comparison to the severe downturns we’ve seen before.”
6. Use Complex Jargon: To confuse or overwhelm the audience, the sophist may use technical financial terminology that obfuscates the real issues. “The macroeconomic indicators, when adjusted for cyclical volatilities, clearly suggest an upward trajectory in our economic fundamentals, despite the transient dislocations in the housing market.”

By using these techniques, a sophist could construct a persuasive argument that the economy is doing well, diverting attention from the pressing issues of housing affordability and rising inflation, and focusing instead on areas where the data can be interpreted more positively.

No, it doesn't. And you're smart enough to know that.
I'm smart enough to know it does. How is it even an argument?

This is not your best work and reveals your pettiness regarding me more than anything else. I must really be in your head because you can't seem to let it go but you keep swinging and missing.
Huh? Just because I caught you in another lie?

What do you mean? You made a claim, I checked it out and found that it was false. How does that make me a liar and a sophist? It sounds like you're saying that to deflect from you being busted. Also funny that you have one of the only posters here who rivals you in dishonesty trying to bail you out, isn't it?

Last edited:
For fun, I asked ChatGPT to argue like a sophist about how the economy was doing well despite housing being unaffordable for the average person and inflation continuing to rise. The response reads literally like a word for word response from Jack.
Ask it to argue like a sophist about how the economy is actually bad despite all metrics that we normally look at to evaluate it looking very good.

Also note that inflation has fallen dramatically. It's not continuing to rise. And housing isn't unaffordable for the average person. The average person lives in a house that their family owns (about two-thirds live in homes they or their family owns).

LOL! Here:

Taking a sophist's approach to arguing against strong economic indicators despite positive GDP growth, low unemployment, and high real wages involves focusing on nuanced perspectives and hidden complexities rather than straightforward metrics. Here are some points a sophist might emphasize:

1. GDP Growth vs. Income Inequality: While GDP growth is a measure of economic output, it doesn't inherently indicate how wealth is distributed. A sophist might argue that strong GDP growth can benefit a small segment of the population disproportionately, leading to widening income inequality. This argument shifts the focus from aggregate economic performance to questions about social justice and fairness in wealth distribution.
  2. Unemployment Quality vs. Quantity: Low unemployment rates may mask issues related to underemployment, job insecurity, or the quality of available jobs. A sophist might argue that despite low official unemployment rates, many workers may struggle with precarious employment conditions, stagnant wages, or lack of opportunities for career advancement. This narrative challenges the notion that low unemployment automatically translates to widespread economic well-being.
  3. Real Wages vs. Cost of Living: High real wages are indicative of workers' purchasing power relative to inflation. However, a sophist could argue that real wage growth may not keep pace with the rising costs of essentials such as housing, healthcare, education, or childcare. This argument shifts the focus to the affordability of necessities, highlighting economic pressures faced by middle- and lower-income households despite nominal wage increases.
  4. Environmental and Social Costs: A sophist might argue that strong economic indicators often come at the expense of environmental degradation, social cohesion, or long-term sustainability. For instance, emphasizing GDP growth without accounting for environmental externalities like pollution or resource depletion ignores hidden costs that may undermine future economic stability and well-being.
  5. Debt and Financial Fragility: Strong economic metrics can coexist with underlying financial vulnerabilities, such as high household debt, corporate leverage, or government deficits. A sophist might highlight the risks associated with debt-fueled growth, speculative bubbles, or unsustainable fiscal policies, suggesting that apparent economic strength may be fragile or unsustainable in the long term.
By weaving these nuanced arguments together, a sophist can create a narrative that challenges the simplistic interpretation of economic health based solely on headline indicators, encouraging deeper analysis of underlying economic, social, and environmental dynamics.

Last edited:

I think he's devolving.

Agreed

LMAO

How am I getting worse?

My posting has dropped dramatically.

How am I getting worse?

My posting has dropped dramatically.
Everyone who disagrees with GOP talking points is getting worse and a liar according to Rob, who gets caught lying all the time. Dude has absolutely no sense of right and wrong beyond what's good for The Party.

What he and Terrapin have in common is religious fanaticism. They both believe (or at least claim) that their opinions are sanctioned by God so lying to defend them and slandering people who disagree is acceptable behavior.

Everyone who disagrees with GOP talking points is getting worse and a liar according to Rob, who gets caught lying all the time. Dude has absolutely no sense of right and wrong beyond what's good for The Party.

What he and Terrapin have in common is religious fanaticism. They both believe that their opinions are sanctioned by God so lying to defend them and slandering people who disagree is acceptable behavior.

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve always gotten along with him even though we agree on pretty much nothing. That seemed to have changed about a year or so ago, no idea why.

I know you guys are mortal enemies, but that’s because you’re a Liberal boss monster and he’s trying to level up.

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve always gotten along with him even though we agree on pretty much nothing. That seemed to have changed about a year or so ago, no idea why.

I know you guys are mortal enemies, but that’s because you’re a Liberal boss monster and he’s trying to level up.
I like you. I just think you’re going a little more overboard than usual.

Meh. I don't consider him to be an equal. I think of him as another ankle-biter. Just weird how these guys get so mad about other people not buying their party's stuff.
“It’s not continuing to rise”

*shows a rise in inflation*

“but it down from 2022!”

Just take the L, man.
It's been trending down for a long time. That doesn't mean that every single month is lower than the previous one. This is an unfamiliar concept to you? If you genuinely believe your own positions, why do you feel the need to do stuff like that? And if you don't, why post them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back