Social Landmark Dutch study shows those pesky conservatives were right all along: Kids grow out of "gender confusion"

What? You didn't say "despite housing being unaffordable for the average person and inflation continuing to rise" in your attack? Account bet? And how am I the one who is getting his honesty attacked when you were lying again? In that post, you lied twice. In our previous interaction, you claimed I said that the media has no affect on people's thinking (when my actual claim was that they don't control people's thinking). Every single time we interact, you pull that kind of blatant dishonesty.

I haven't read most of this thread, save the last page, and the only way I can make sense of yours and @Rob Battisti argument is that you are saying inflation has been trending downwards, which seems accurate according to the graph you posted, but Rob (I think) is saying that overall, inflation has risen.

I could be way off on this as I don't understand economics or the terms to use in a detailed manner, however here is my layman analogy.

Let's pretend that 2 years ago, gas was $2.00 a gallon.
However, last year, gas shot up to $5.00/gallon.
And in the current year, gas went back down a little bit to $4.00/gallon.

In the analogy, gas prices are 'trending downwards', which seems to be your argument and is an accurate statement.
However, overall, gas is now $4.00/gallon, which is higher, or has risen, from $2.00/gallon, which I think is what Rob is arguing and also seems to be correct.

My analogy may be way off and too simplified, but it seems like both of you are correct and are arguing about two different things.

I haven't read most of this thread, save the last page, and the only way I can make sense of yours and @Rob Battisti argument is that you are saying inflation has been trending downwards, which seems accurate according to the graph you posted, but Rob (I think) is saying that overall, inflation has risen.

I could be way off on this as I don't understand economics or the terms to use in a detailed manner, however here is my layman analogy.

In the analogy, gas prices are 'trending downwards', which seems to be your argument and is an accurate statement.
However, overall, gas is now $4.00/gallon, which is higher, or has risen, from $2.00/gallon, which I think is what Rob is arguing and also seems to be correct.

My analogy may be way off and too simplified, but it seems like both of you are correct and are arguing about two different things.
Inflation is the rate of increase in prices. He said it's continuing to rise. It is not continuing to rise. Here's the data:

fredgraph.png

Inflation is the rate of increase in prices. He said it's continuing to rise. It is not continuing to rise. Here's the data:

fredgraph.png

Continuing to rise as compared to what? Inflation 10 years ago?

I guess on the surface, saying 'inflation is continuing to rise' would be inaccurate according to your graph, however the question remains as to what he was comparing that to - is inflation higher today than it was 10 or 20 years ago? I'm sure he can make his own arguments, but the question I originally posted seems to remain. It sounds like you guys are arguing over two different things, although I could be wrong about that - as I'm certainly no expert in economic statistics.

Continuing to rise as compared to what? Inflation 10 years ago?
Continuing to rise = it keeps rising.
I guess on the surface, saying 'inflation is continuing to rise' would be inaccurate according to your graph, however the question remains as to what he was comparing that to - is inflation higher today than it was 10 or 20 years ago?
It's not just on the surface. It's an inaccurate claim on all levels. If it were continuing to rise, that graph would go up. If he said "it's been falling a lot for the past couple of years, but it's above where it was 10 years ago," that would not be an inaccurate claim, but that's not what he said.

I cannot believe there is an argument about this.

I'm sure he can make his own arguments, but the question I originally posted seems to remain. It sounds like you guys are arguing over two different things, although I could be wrong about that - as I'm certainly no expert in economic statistics.
No. Inflation is the rate of price growth. It is not continuing to rise.

Last edited:
Continuing = constantly rising.

It's not just on the surface. It's an inaccurate claim on all levels. If it were continuing to rise, that graph would go up. If he said "it's been falling a lot for the past couple of years, but it's above where it was 10 years ago," that would not be an inaccurate claim, but that's not what he said.

I cannot believe there is an argument about this.

No. Inflation is the rate of price growth. It is not continuing to rise.
What do you mean by "I can't believe there is an argument about this"? I was simply trying to make sense of what you guys were arguing about and asking questions.

It’s really a shame. He used to be a poster, which could at least offer something to the forum. Now he is so entrenched in his belief system that he can’t even admit a truth.

He made a claim, and I refuted it, and somehow this has sent him over the edge to the point of being hysterical

He is either in a really bad place mentally or trolling us all right now. I have tried to be polite by just showcasing how he is been wrong but it seems as if something is going on personally, which is making him react the way he is I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he can start being honest.

Inflation has risen 3 months in a row and for some reason, he cannot admit this clear objective fact. I hope that we can all come together and help him realize that his words should reflect a true representation of what is going on.

What do you mean by "I can't believe there is an argument about this"? I was simply trying to make sense of what you guys were arguing about and asking questions.
I can't believe that a graph of inflation trending down hard over the past two years doesn't definitively settle the question of whether it is continuing to rise. Like I said, if you change the meaning of words, OK. If he said something else, OK. But his claim was just flat false.

It’s really a shame. He used to be a poster, which could at least offer something to the forum. Now he is so entrenched in his belief system that he can’t even admit a truth.
I think I am offering something to the forum here. I caught you in two big lies, which is why you're desperately attacking and deflecting.

BTW, I see you added a third. It's not up three months in a row.

Last edited:
I think I am offering something to the forum here. I caught you in two big lies, which is why you're desperately attacking and deflecting.
I truly wish you had the capacity for self reflection. It’s almost as if your attacks are self directed. I refuted, with evidence, a specific claim you made and you’ve lost your mind.

I am one step away from DMing you to see if you’re okay.

I truly wish you had the capacity for self reflection. It’s almost as if your attacks are self directed. I refuted, with evidence, a specific claim you made and you’ve lost your mind.

I am one step away from DMing you to see if you’re okay.
Um, OK, but you realize you were caught lying, right?

Just answer two questions:

1. When you look at the graph of inflation, you can see that it's trending downward and not continuing to rise, right?
2. How do you square your claim about home ownership with the fact that the home ownership rate in America is about two-thirds?

I understand that I don't always agree with GOP talking points and therefore am a dirty so-and-so. No need to repeat it. Just try to answer those questions. Maybe you can spot me one more: You think lying is OK if it advances GOP interests, right?

I would hope people think about everything they read. And what reasoning are you criticizing? You were caught red-handed in a lie.

But I did provide proof. There's no argument necessary. You said that someone else posted it, but you were the person who posted unless you're denying that you're spacegnome (which would be another lie).

The basis for my claim that you were the person who posted the map is the fact that you posted it.

Huh?

But you were the guy who was caught lying. And you're the sophist trying desperately to spin away from that fact.

You are the one who is lying and.intenrionaly too. Pulling up a post where I posted that information does not prove I'm lying about anything... It's amazing you could even think so. It's such terrible reasoning. I've posted on that topic several times. Does each one of those make me a liar too?

I was made aware of that information being false because someone posted it and I've complained about it a number of times since then. That's true.

But you said you had proof that the original exposure to that information came from me and only an absolute idiot or a sophist liar like you could possibly think so.

Maybe you think I try to hide the fact that I was spacegnome but that's never anything I've ever tried to hide and everybody knows it and nobody cares.

You're intentionally using failed logic because you hope your friends won't notice and call you out on it but you're not using reason. You're using slander and lies.

You are the one who is lying and.intenrionaly too.
What is the lie?

What I'm saying is a lie is that you were complaining about a map that you alleged others posted. But it turned out that you were the one who posted it. And I posted the proof of that.

You can't just accuse people of lying when you get caught lying. That's really low, man. Have some self-respect.
Pulling up a post where I posted that information does not prove I'm lying about anything... It's amazing you could even think so. It's such terrible reasoning. I've posted on that topic several times. Does each one of those make me a liar too?
No. The fact that you posted the map while attacking other people for posting it is what makes you a liar.
I was made aware of that information being false because someone posted it and I've complained about it a number of times since then. That's true.
Who else posted it besides you? Note how you introduced it: "check out this map from brookings. it suggests that housing costs in utah are in the normal range in slc utah." That's not what you'd say if I posted it before. Not sure if there's anything false in it, either. That's a separate issue.
But you said you had proof that the original exposure to that information came from me and only an absolute idiot or a sophist liar like you could possibly think so.
Well, anyone who looked at the post would correctly see that it's true that the original exposure to the map came from you. I'd be happy to bet that you won't produce anyone else posting it.
Maybe you think I try to hide the fact that I was spacegnome but that's never anything I've ever tried to hide and everybody knows it and nobody cares.
Well, you were using your spacegnome account when you posted it. So if you were denying that you were the one who posted it, the only thing that would make sense is if you were denying that you are spacegnome.
You're intentionally using failed logic because you hope your friends won't notice and call you out on it but you're not using reason. You're using slander and lies.
No, but I'm telling the truth, and you were caught lying. And now you're slandering me and trying to change the subject because you're embarrassed about that.

The two biggest dummies on the site arguing about who the real liar is.

You can't make this shit up.

Back