Laurel Hubbard Qualifies for the olympics

She transitioned at thirty something and will be 4yrs older than any previous female olympic weightlifter. She competed against males before she realised her true calling.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/05/06/laurel-hubbard-olympics-weightlifting/

How do people not boo her when she stands on the podium, she spent over 30 years on the performance enhancing drugs of being a man and just because she's had low T for 12 months she can go and smash women.

I cannot wait to see this in boxing FFS.

#He

tenor.png

You wanna identify as a different sex or race or species than the one you were born with? Fine. If you aren't hurting anyone, live your life.

This is different. You hit sexual maturity as a male, you should compete as a male. That is it.

I'm prepared to accept that it's more complicated than that, but I definitely lean in your direction. I think it's really awkward when trans athletes beat cis athletes and I don't think we should put trans athletes in that position, it's decreasing their safety imo for one and that's just to start.

I can't work out of she truly believes that shit or if it's a shit bit.

Hopefully people here know me well enough to know how pro LGBTQ I am and fiercely despise homo/transphobia. but this is simply a ridiculously unfair advantage and should be booted out of the sport. It's a touchy subject and I don't know how they could do it fairly as a solution so everyone gets a fair shake tbh.

Yeah, it's not an easy subject at all, but that imo is what makes it interesting! Maybe they have a go in the disability Olympics because they were disabled by their birth gender? The special Olympics are used to dealing with athletes of different ability and accomodating the differences?

Also, @Phlog, this isn't a moderator. You don't have to listen to him.

Thanks man, I know I'm not bashing anyone, I know in my heart I have no ill will and I know we have to keep talking about this stuff because poor decisions are being made in the absence of rational conversation.

Always seems to me like that lift would fuck up your shoulder.

You guys are like a bunch of dinosaurs worried that the trans asteroid is going to smash into your Hetro-normative planet and make you all extinct.

You guys are like a bunch of dinosaurs worried that the trans asteroid is going to smash into your Hetro-normative planet and make you all extinct.

If you were to characterise it as an asteroid, it would be more like the asteroid was always here and gently rose out of the ground and the dinosaurs thought, 'hmm, I wonder if we need to think about that at some point'.

I guess you want to characterise things in confrontational language, why is that? What do you gain by attacking people? Does it make you feel empowered?

It's a weird time when Caitlyn Jenner has more sense then the olympic committee. It's just unfair.

In a way I think it's brilliant! She's best placed to know I guess. The difference between genuine experience and those that are slaves to an agenda.

Apparently you don't have to have cut anything off. You just need to have T levels only 4 times an elite level female for 12 months.
Shit I could probably compete right now then

If you were to characterise it as an asteroid, it would be more like the asteroid was always here and gently rose out of the ground and the dinosaurs thought, 'hmm, I wonder if we need to think about that at some point'.

I guess you want to characterise things in confrontational language, why is that? What do you gain by attacking people? Does it make you feel empowered?

I was just pretending to be woke.

I was just pretending to be woke.

It's a good point.

I think there has to be a new 'woke' one that is recaptured by the middle ground. Where speakers like Steven Pinker or Jordan Peterson are welcome.

A new political correctness that is grounded in the scientific evidence. Not one lead by a pseudo Marxist ideology.

On the right one would couch it in terms of free speech, politeness, responsibility and real patriotism (not the rah rah flag and military, but love of traditional values like anyone can make it etc). These are things the left can value too.

Some small country like Peru should enter only dudes in women's sports and just clean up like every chick's sport.

this is the only way things get better. we need to absolutely dominate all female sports until all the women finally wake up and come back to reality when it comes to genders.

right now, they are still confused about who is a boy and who is a girl, so lets go smash them and take all the gold medals.

A New Zealand weightlifter—who has competed in men’s events in the past-- will become the first transgender competitor to qualify to be on the country’s women’s weightlifting team for Tokyo 2020.

The Guardian, citing IOC guidelines, reported that athletes who transition from male to female are allowed to compete in events without surgically removing their testes.

<36>

What a joke.

Full article.

Edit: this was supposed to be in the wr.

Last edited:
Back