Lennox Lewis vs. Tyson Fury prime for prime.

Lewis was very good (and dirty) on the inside for a guy his size when he wasn't just grabbing and trying to wear a guy down. Considerably more dangerous than anything we've seen from Wallin.

Oh I agree Lewis is more dangerous on the inside but he's not really a combo puncher and Wallin seems to be. Fury has had more trouble with faster HWs than with powerful ones.

I remeber reading lewis's reach and wingspan was the same as an average 7ft fighter.

Having the same trainer doesnt make them similar. Lennox was willing to make it a dog fight and force the action and could fight like hell inside. Wlad did none of the above.

But since apparently youre so delicate feel free not to respond to my posts. No one is making or asking you to.

Being trained in the same style makes them similar. Both of them changed styles under Steward to his style. Lennox didn't fight on the inside nearly as much under Steward and neither did Wlad who did that as well before training under Steward which got him some losses cause he's not that durable. I just think your opinion is practically worthless due to you not being able to see something so damn obvious to pretty much anyone that has followed boxing.

Being trained in the same style makes them similar. Both of them changed styles under Steward to his style. Lennox didn't fight on the inside nearly as much under Steward and neither did Wlad who did that as well before training under Steward which got him some losses cause he's not that durable. I just think your opinion is practically worthless due to you not being able to see something so damn obvious to pretty much anyone that has followed boxing.
Yet here you are replying to it again?

We may have seen some flashes of Lennox taking a cautious approach but I really, really wouldnt define him as such like I would with Wlad. The guy could do it all and was entirely more aggressive and better inside. So unless you want to view one or two of Lennox fights and define his style off of them, no I dont think theyre very similar.

Lol @ Lennox being “not that durable”. Name someone who fought and beat more killer punchers than Lennox Lewis.

It’s a close fight , Lewis didn’t like trading jabs with jabbers , Mercer , Tucker , Klitschko and even Mavrovic or whatever that guys name was are but a few gave Lewis trouble. Fury comes with an active 85 inch reach jab ,right there you know it’s a tough night for Lewis . Lewis rough house tactics wouldn’t work because Fury does the same things when he wants so it comes down to boxing cleanly .

I’d give the slight edge to Lewis only on being the bigger puncher and probably a better chin if focused so I believe he can go 12 or stop Fury late , I think if Fury shows he can be that imposing puncher this can change but right now you have to look at the Klitschko fight and see Lewis pressing him which turns the tide here .

It’s a close fight , Lewis didn’t like trading jabs with jabbers , Mercer , Tucker , Klitschko and even Mavrovic or whatever that guys name was are but a few gave Lewis trouble. Fury comes with an active 85 inch reach jab ,right there you know it’s a tough night for Lewis . Lewis rough house tactics wouldn’t work because Fury does the same things when he wants so it comes down to boxing cleanly

They wouldn't work? Fury would get knocked if he tried to fight Lennox force to force like he did against Wilder.

They wouldn't work? Fury would get knocked if he tried to fight Lennox force to force like he did against Wilder.
What fight shows this ? Fury is just as effective on the inside minus the harder shots but easier to nullify guys with better angles and Lewis always relied on his size first then skill , Fury dwarfs him and the hold and hitting tactics of Lewis is nullified here .

David Tua was the only fight where Lennox wouldn't take the chance... But look at Briggs, Grant, Rahman rematch, Vitali, Botha, Golota,... Lennox got rough with of all of them.

And Steward absolutely wanted his fighters to fight... Having a jab doesn't rule that out.

What fight shows this ? Fury is just as effective on the inside minus the harder shots but easier to nullify guys with better angles and Lewis always relied on his size first then skill , Fury dwarfs him and the hold and hitting tactics of Lewis is nullified here .

I thought he looked very vurnerable in the Wilder rematch, especially when his stamina deteriorated in the second half of the fight... Wilder just didn't have the skills to do anything.

Taking angles on his back foot and looking a bit slick like Floyd Mayweather or James Toney worked well against the shorter, slow-footed, one-dimensional, plodding, brawlish Dereck Chisora. He wouldn't be able to do that against Anthony Joshua, let alone Lennox Lewis.

He was letting his lead hand hanging against Chisora, so he could counter him faster when he steps into his range, that's how much he felt threatened... He wouldn't do that at any point against Lennox, whose right hand was just as devastating as Wilders, plus much better boxing skills.

Fury's a little taller, you're right. But I think I know what Lennox response would if he was confronted with that fact in an interview: "He'll realize how tall I am when he looks at me from the ground".

Right now Im leaning Lewis, but if Fury smashes through Wilder and Joshua I will switch my stance.

I thought he looked very vurnerable in the Wilder rematch, especially when his stamina deteriorated in the second half of the fight... Wilder just didn't have the skills to do anything.

Taking angles on his back foot and looking a bit slick like Floyd Mayweather or James Toney worked well against the shorter, slow-footed, one-dimensional, plodding, brawlish Dereck Chisora. He wouldn't be able to do that against Anthony Joshua, let alone Lennox Lewis.
He was letting his lead hanging against Chisora, that's how much he felt threatened... He wouldn't do that at any point against Lennox, whose right hand was just as devastating as Wilders, plus much better boxing skills.

Fury's a little taller, you're right. But I think I know what Lennox response would if he was confronted with that fact in an interview: "He'll realize how tall I am when he looks at me from the ground".
How does a guy winning every second of every round look vulnerable ?

Anyway carrying 270 plus and maintaining a degree of good pace beyond mid rounds isn’t exactly easy to do ,he most likely doesn’t come in that heavy for Lewis because it’s a completely different fight.

Against A.J he’s going to have to fight long range and against Lewis he would have to keep it mid and pick his spots wisely when to go in and out from those distances. But he does have that card against Lewis and that’s nullify his inside game,he can’t do that to A.J and if tries it will be a short night .

How does a guy winning every second of every round look vulnerable

I remember he got stamina issues pretty fast. He'd get them even faster against Lennox, because Lennox would be in the pocket and throw punches back.

I really don't see this fight lasting very long if Fury fights Lennox force to force.

Vitali was good at that and he still got stopped inside of 6 against an out of shape Lewis.

Lewis was a smash and grab merchant, similar to Wlad, in that respect.
Fury is an enigma, I could imagine him outpointing Lewis but also getting starched.
Lennox was not like Wlad. He was multi dimensional. He could press hard like he did against Michael Grant, he could box behind the jab like he did against Rahman in the second fight and he could fight dirty when needed.

He was also good at making adjustments during fights.

Not saying that he would definitely beat Fury, but he would make adjustments during the fight and force Fury to do the same.

Lennox was not like Wlad. He was multi dimensional. He could press hard like he did against Michael Grant, he could box behind the jab like he did against Rahman in the second fight and he could fight dirty when needed.

Not saying that he would definitely beat Fury, but he would make adjustments during the fight and force Fury to do the same.
Not as bad as Wlad and more versatile but he could win ugly too. If he fancied the job, he could most certainly look amazing. On the flip, could fight timid at times. I'd favour him over Fury but that's one super awkward big man.

David Tua was the only fight where Lennox wouldn't take the chance... But look at Briggs, Grant, Rahman rematch, Vitali, Botha, Golota,... Lennox got rough with of all of them.

And Steward absolutely wanted his fighters to fight... Having a jab doesn't rule that out.

Yeah, Lewis really doesn't deserve the reputation of being a safety first guy. Outside of Tua and the Tyson fight to an extent (along with a few fights against lesser known opposition), he took plenty of chances (arguably too many at times).

Lewis by knockout imo ....I could see Fury being extremely competitive though

I remember he got stamina issues pretty fast. He'd get them even faster against Lennox, because Lennox would be in the pocket and throw punches back.

I really don't see this fight lasting very long if Fury fights Lennox force to force.

Vitali was good at that and he still got stopped inside of 6 against an out of shape Lewis.
What fights does Fury show stamina issues ? Pretty fast against who? Wilder was huffing heavy after round one .

Another thing to consider is Lewis liked taking sparring partners away from his opponents , no one of Fury fits his description so anoth.er point why this isn’t a walk over .

How do you know Fury will stand in the pocket ? How do you know who winds out first knowing no ones ever out worked Fury in training including Klitschko?

Did you watch any early Wlad fights ? Check out the Derrick Jefferson fight because that’s who your describing. Wlad was a sharper Lewis and stronger ,what he lacked was intuition on defense because he was a home run hitter then,in some ways he was more dangerous for Lewis around the 2000 time period even in his early 20”s .

Did you watch any early Wlad fights ? Check out the Derrick Jefferson fight because that’s who your describing. Wlad was a sharper Lewis and stronger ,what he lacked was intuition on defense because he was a home run hitter then,in some ways he was more dangerous for Lewis around the 2000 time period even in his early 20”s .
I watched most of Wlad's fights and in his younger days he struggled with "brawlers" (fighters who had power and pressed the pace early) and was also susceptible to gasing hard late in fights. Sanders was the first to show us this when he blitzed Wlad (on the advice of Lewis).

Lewis had the ability to recognize where fighters were not comfortable and take the fight there. He could outbox fighters who were technically weak and out brawl boxers who were technically strong.

Fury has the same ability (to fight differently when needed), look at how differently he approached Wilder in both fights.

I think Wlad is one of the all-time greats but he was for the most part a one trick pony.

Back