leon's never fought a boxer like Nate

Doctor stoppages absolutely count when the winner causes them by repeatedly bashing his opponents face in and won every round until the stoppages occurred. And considering Nate's face is as fragile as rice paper from having some very limited defense (an aspect of boxing) its a significant possibility that he gets cut up in this fight as well.

I'm not saying this won't be the best version of Nate, I'm saying it won't even matter as leon easily beats him. I'd generously put Nate's chances at 15%
doctor stoppages due to cuts dont count to any real fight fans.

Nate is 36 and will be undersized. He's a guy who would be appropriate for 165lbs division, but doesn't want to diet down to lightweight at this point in his career.

The best Nate Diaz is lean and in shape boxing up Michael Johnson. At welterweight he's soft and substantially smaller then guys like Leon.

Five years ago this would have been a competitive fight. I don't like to put expectations on aging guys at 170lbs and below, its not where you want to be fighting the wrong side of 35.

Nate is always a live dog since he's a finisher when an opportunity presents itself, but this is a fight that should not have been booked. This is a gimmie fight for Leon and he's going to make it look easy.

But who is Nate's best win? Pettis who is really a LW?
Masvidal was up 30-26. How did Conor lose the 2nd fight by winning 1, 2, 4. And so what if Sherdog scored for Nate. Who did you think won between Nick and Condit?
id take sherdog judges over UFC judges every day of the week

But who is Nate's best win? Pettis who is really a LW?
Masvidal was up 30-26. How did Conor lose the 2nd fight by winning 1, 2, 4. And so what if Sherdog scored for Nate. Who did you think won between Nick and Condit?
i think nick won, without a doubt. all condit did was run away and throw soft ass little kicks at his legs at an attempt to win on points. it was disgraceful on condit's part, went from the natural born killer to the natural born point fighter over night

Leon hasn’t exactly beaten the shit out of anyone, and that’s why he’s lost in the title picture

He will have a lot of advantages in this fight, but if he slows Nate will pound him. I just don’t know about the size Nate should be at 155 ideally

Nate is 36 and will be undersized. He's a guy who would be appropriate for 165lbs division, but doesn't want to diet down to lightweight at this point in his career.

The best Nate Diaz is lean and in shape boxing up Michael Johnson. At welterweight he's soft and substantially smaller then guys like Leon.

Five years ago this would have been a competitive fight. I don't like to put expectations on aging guys at 170lbs and below, its not where you want to be fighting the wrong side of 35.

Nate is always a live dog since he's a finisher when an opportunity presents itself, but this is a fight that should not have been booked. This is a gimmie fight for Leon and he's going to make it look easy.
Well Rich Franklin got his own weight class why doesn’t Dana just make up a Nathan-weight. All of the Franklin-weight fights were great....

Leon handled RDA.. Diaz shouldn't be too much for him to handle..

Diaz has a history of getting outmatched/ man handled at WW, Edwards would be good at doing that..

Nate's gonna get rolled, and i'mma enjoy it..

Leon hasn’t exactly beaten the shit out of anyone, and that’s why he’s lost in the title picture

He will have a lot of advantages in this fight, but if he slows Nate will pound him. I just don’t know about the size Nate should be at 155 ideally
That trademark third round coast fucked/hurt his career trajectory up but it’s not over yet.

Last edited:

hopefully he's taken his time off to put on some size, we'll see

id take sherdog judges over UFC judges every day of the week

i think nick won, without a doubt. all condit did was run away and throw soft ass little kicks at his legs at an attempt to win on points. it was disgraceful on condit's part, went from the natural born killer to the natural born point fighter over night
Yeah? So Sherdog had Conor beating Nate and Condit beating Nick. And you'd take Sherdog judges over UFC judges every day of the week? I guess it's only when it's convenient for you because you clearly don't agree with them in both of those cases but then bring up that they had Nate beating DHK.

Yeah? So Sherdog had Conor beating Nate and Condit beating Nick. And you'd take Sherdog judges over UFC judges every day of the week? I guess it's only when it's convenient for you because you clearly don't agree with them in both of those cases.
even tho sherdog judges are light years ahead of the UFC judges, they can and do get it wrong at times as well. people make mistakes. but when the vast majority of fans side a certain way then that obviously speaks a lot more than the opinion of three men

even tho sherdog judges are light years ahead of the UFC judges, they can and do get it wrong at times as well. people make mistakes.
So they make mistakes when you don't agree with them and they are right when you do agree with them? This is how delusional you are.

So they make mistakes when you don't agree with them and they are right when you do agree with them? This is how delusional you are.
i gave u some of the best examples of it and yet im the one thats delusional?

i gave u some of the best examples of it and yet im the one thats delusional?
Best examples of what? You agree with Sherdog when it supports your argument then say Sherdog made a mistake when it doesn't support your argument. How is that not delusional?

If nate starts connecting he's getting clinched, taken down and controlled. We already saw with Rory Mac that Diaz isn't an actual WW if a real sized WW decides to latch onto him and start grappling. Leon is not a small WW, and Diaz will be a bean pole as usual. Unless Leon just stands in front of him I feel Diaz will have very little tools to dictate how the fight is contested.

Best examples of what? You agree with Sherdog when it supports your argument then say Sherdog made a mistake when it doesn't support your argument.
best examples of fights whose decisions were completely bullshit. when the vast majority of the people that watched the fight agree that FIghter A beat Fighter B but the official judges score it the other way, then its safe to say that the decision was nonsense

Back