Let's not forget that Tony Ferguson's still on the roster

Tony is only a few losses away from a title shot. Let him bang.

Tony is being used by the UFC as a full time jobber

View attachment 1035195
Full Time Jobber against young talent? Tony is 40
Paddy is 29. 3rd year/5th on the UFC roster.
Bobby Green is 37. 11 years/22nd fight in the UFC against Tony
Nate Diaz is 38. 15 years/28th UFC fight vs Tony
Michael Chandler is 37. 30th Pro fight vs Tony (Only 3 years in UFC but won Bellator LW title 13 years ago)
Dariush is 34. 10th year in the UFC and 20th UFC fight vs Tony
Oliveira is 34. 14th year in the UFC and 27th UFC fight vs Tony
Gathje is 34. 3 years in the UFC at the time of his fight vs Tony (7 years in UFC/WSOF)

None of his opponents are that much younger aside from Paddy and all have similar number of fights and years in MMA at the time. Tony hasn't been "Fed" to young hungry lions at all.

I wonder how many fights he has left on his contract. He probably wants to fight it out so as to go to BKFC because UFC isn't cutting him for whatever reason ..

Let him bang one last time
Dustin Poirier vs Tony Ferguson
even the shameless Dana F White would say "Hell no" to that.

I have to wonder if UFC are gonna cut Tony F if he continues to lose every time.
What they should do is embarrass him into retirement by offering him a fighter with a losing record or someone who is 2-2 or something.

I wonder how many fights he has left on his contract. He probably wants to fight it out so as to go to BKFC because UFC isn't cutting him for whatever reason ..

He doesn’t want to be cut. He begged Dana to let him continue to fight

And the guy recently came out again and dismissed the idea of retirement, so it's not like the UFC's going to have an option besides giving him another fight.

This is honestly something to behold. Forget the fact that these promotions are so shameless for a second. If an AC gives him another fighting license, we need to seriously start writing letters and making calls to the governor of whatever state it's in. I'm confident we could at least get 100 messages of disgust relayed to him.
He wants to fight and probably begged Dana to let him do so, he’s also still a draw and has a huge fan base. I admit he’s washed but besides Green and Paddy he faced nothing but killers and grapplers while still being somewhat competitive in several of his losses.

He has to pay the bills somehow. You guys gonna fetch his McDonalds application or pay his bills?
He's a Harvard grad. He'll be ok.

bRclNIA.jpg

first, ufc is not tony’s mommy. at some point, it’s tony’s responsibility to make good decisions for himself. if ufc cuts tony, and he continues to fight, you will see the problem is actually tony. he doesn’t want to retire, and even if he did, he has nothing lined up.

all that said, ufc is in a position to help him. if ufc is afraid tony will kill himself or his family (which im sure they are), then maybe it’s more prudent to avoid the rush to cut him. use the prospect of the fight to convince tony to make alternative life arrangements. slow walk the fight, make it as unappealing as possible. make him agree that he’ll retire if he loses and not fight elsewhere. it’d be hard to enforce that agreement, but it’s better than nothing. if tony insists, give him a fighter that will end the fight mercifully, with a quick sub or something. make sure tony has a respectable “severance” payday to help him through a year or two of unemployment.

that’s pretty much all ufc can do. unceremoniously cutting him is asking for trouble and everyone knows it.

The UFC is in a Catch 22.

If they offer him a fight, he'll fight again. And no one wants to see that.

If they cut him, he'll go to the competition and they'll book him against a murderer to prove they're just as good as the UFC.

You just cant retire someone against their will.

And the guy recently came out again and dismissed the idea of retirement, so it's not like the UFC's going to have an option besides giving him another fight.

This is honestly something to behold. Forget the fact that these promotions are so shameless for a second. If an AC gives him another fighting license, we need to seriously start writing letters and making calls to the governor of whatever state it's in. I'm confident we could at least get 100 messages of disgust relayed to him.
Nah he can keep fighting.
He needs easier fights within the ufc. He can make money and bring viewers.

He has a lot to offer if used correctly.

Give him an easy few wins

If they cut him, he'll go to the competition and they'll book him against a murderer to prove they're just as good as the UFC.

You just cant retire someone against their will.

I don't think the competition believes that one of their fighters beating Ferguson proves anything.

lol @ ufc not having an option. If they wanted to cut Tony,they would have already done so.

I don't think the competition believes that one of their fighters beating Ferguson proves anything.

So you think if the UFC cuts him every other org takes a pass? Or you think they'd sign him, but do so in good faith because they see potential in him?

Back