Rumored Lopez vs Lomachenko 2

Hagler, again, fhe video was not tampered with. All that was done was slowijt it down. The truth is rather that the slo mo shows thatvyou were wrong abut the 12h round and u cannot handle being wrong.
Why do I get the feeling that those who are criticising that slow mo replay of the 12th round haven't actually watched it......

Why do I get the feeling that those who are criticising that slow mo replay of the 12th round haven't actually watched it......

I watched it. For sure you can see more clearly punches which are blocked / deflected / semi blocked and it’s interesting in a way, but you lose the feelings of momentum and power which are also relevant in scoring a round.

It didn’t change my mind or come close to changing my mind that it was a clear round for Lopez.

When you watch at full speed do you think it is clear or close? What do you see in the slo motion that changes your judgement on how the round should be scored?

Edit: A good example of the limitations of slo motion is the punch at 2:20 which doesn’t look nearly as significant slowed down whereas at full speed the shot clearly buzzed Loma.

Last edited:
no ones disputing the outcome, just pointing out that the 12th was actually a close round.
It’s interesting as well, because so many knowledgable posters clearly scored it to Lopez, which goes to show that even the most clued up boxing fans can be swayed by things like crowd noise, commentators etc

I find it fascinating seeing these 2 elite fighters at that speed. The human eye can’t see everything at that speed, shit gets missed, and sometimes mis scored. It was fascinating to see all of the faints each guy was giving each other, yet neither were biting, just relying on their instinct and reflexes

I actually had no intention of watching a 20m round. I’m glad I did tbh

I get what you're saying, i do, but once you watched 1 round of 1 fight in slow-mo where does it stop? Tens of thousands of fights might be completely different if rounds were judged in slow-mo but as it happens they are not.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, i'm saying i won't. Personal preference. I saw Lopez win the 12th live and i have no bias towards or against either fighter.

I watched it. For sure you can see more clearly punches which are blocked / deflected / semi blocked and it’s interesting in a way, but you lose the feelings of momentum and power which are also relevant in scoring a round.

It didn’t change my mind or come close to changing my mind that it was a clear round for Lopez.

When you watch at full speed do you think it is clear or close? What do you see in the slo motion that changes your judgement on how the round should be scored?

Edit: A good example of the limitations of slo motion is the punch at 2:20 which doesn’t look nearly as significant slowed down whereas at full speed the shot clearly buzzed Loma.

Fair enough. I won't focus on the whole round but you mention 2:20. I just watched it on slow mo and at real speed and I don't think Loma was buzzed at all. He steps back and takes the sting out of it. I get that it can be seen in different ways, as there are the same arguments when guys roll with shots. I could certainly see the judges scoring it as a good shot.

Last edited:
Hagler, again, fhe video was not tampered with. All that was done was slowijt it down. The truth is rather that the slo mo shows thatvyou were wrong abut the 12h round and u cannot handle being wrong.

I can certainly handle Lopez’s outworking and outlanding Lomchenko in round 12 considering it’s what did happen.

Last edited:
I can certainly handle Lopez’s outworking and outlanding Lomchenko in round 12 considering it’s what did happen.

Obviously no amount of reasoning will be of any use to change your mind let's just stop our debate on thus on that note.

Why is this decision still being disputed? Can Loma beat Teo? Sure, will he? Maybe, my money is on him. Did he win their fight? No, he was scared to engage for far too long and when he finally woke up he didn’t do enough. Close fight but easy to score

still think he wins a rematch

Indeed. I’ll stick to watching fight footage and referring to compubox and judges cards when it comes to picking the actual winner of a boxing round.

Yeah why use your own judgment to think for yourself when it's so much easier to let others do that for you ...

Yeah why use your own judgment to think for yourself when it's so much easier to let others do that for you ...

Flat earthers are OK as long as they don’t sound like broken records, and you happen to be getting into such territory.

Last edited:

This. Slow motion is not the real thing.

Indeed. I’ll stick to watching fight footage and referring to compubox and judges cards when it comes to picking the actual winner of a boxing round.

You still miss the point despite several reiterations by me. This is not about disputing the official score. This is about realising the judges really fell short in their scoring and that the popular narrative of that round that you have imbibed is inaccurate.

Flat earthers are OK as long as they don’t sound like broken records, and you happen to be getting into such territory.

You just described exactly what you have been doing. You are the one who is denying reality, not me so it is you who are the flat earther.

Why is this decision still being disputed? Can Loma beat Teo? Sure, will he? Maybe, my money is on him. Did he win their fight? No, he was scared to engage for far too long and when he finally woke up he didn’t do enough. Close fight but easy to score

still think he wins a rematch

No one is disputing the official result. Pls see the other posts by me.

You just described exactly what you have been doing. You are the one who is denying reality, not me so it is you who are the flat earther.

Sadly, a « No, you are » comeback perfectly sums up the rhetorical prowess you’ve been displaying for quite some time in this discussion. Especially since you claimed said discussion was over lol

Last edited:
You still miss the point despite several reiterations by me. This is not about disputing the official score. This is about realising the judges really fell short in their scoring and that the popular narrative of that round that you have imbibed is inaccurate.

You’ve literally been whining for days about the way round 12 was scored by all 3 judges and most people who do understand what « boxing » is about, and you’ve been sounding amusingly silly doing so. That’s pretty much what flat earthers happen to do.

Last edited:
Back